Suggestion: staff should take organized shifts for appeal requests

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Suggestion: staff should take organized shifts for appeal requests

Postby angryramen_re » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:30 pm

The overall response times from staff for ban appeals are quite appalling.

I DO realize that staff members have a life outside too, but staff members should be taking shifts, NOT logging on whenever they want and checking whenever they want. There should be more voluntary staff members from the community to man the stations if current staff cannot respond during their downtimes.

Check out lagabuse.com on eurobattle.net (link: http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/ind ... board=10.0).
Those people get ban appeals done on average within 20 minutes because the staff are more ACTIVE and ORGANIZED.

All I ask for is for the ENT staff to discuss these issues in group meetings and set out shifts to get these appeals decided. People shouldn't be waiting hours on hand, or even several days (as seen by previous appeals). I love the ENT community, but I just wish staff was a bit more active.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Re: Suggestion: staff should take organized shifts for appeal requests

Postby BeerLord » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:04 am

I have a job. This I do as a volunteer. Personally, I have no interest in scheduled shift work here, though I do wish we could all be more active.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:09 am

@angryramen_re

Sounds like you're interested in joining the team!
I suggest you start by reviewing ban requests and appeals. Then you can apply to be a staff member to help reduce the response times.

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:23 am

@Slomosapien I'd definitely like help out here and there too whenever I can. If scheduled shifts, as @BeerLord said, doesn't sound appealing, maybe we should have a couple dedicated staff members assigned to appeals and other staff members can pitch in whenever they can.

And I'd definitely like to help out. How may I start "reviewing ban requests and appeals?" Should I just post replies, giving requesters info on why they have violated the rules and how they can avoid being banned in the future? What requirements do you look for? I don't mind becoming a volunteer based staff member, specializing in appeals. I do have other priorities like @BeerLord, but I'd love to pitch in wherever I can to improve this community. Warcraft 3 remastered will be out soon, and we will need to attract both oldcomers and newcomers to stick with ENT.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:37 am

Denied. We volunteer and won't force anyone to be here
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”