Change your ban algorithm for legion TD

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

David-Brevik
Basic Tree

Change your ban algorithm for legion TD

Postby David-Brevik » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:03 am

Love ENT and love how you guys host good games. Don't change that.

Probably the most popular game right now on ENT is legion TD. The most popular mode is prophet. You get some random towers. You have to make the most of those towers. Love it. Can't complain much.

If you happen to get bad towers, however, you try to make the best of them. You work with what u got, maybe reroll early if they are absolutely terrible.

Well, guess what, you got stuck with shitty towers. You try your best to make the most of them. You barely even income, because your towers are shit. You keep leaking because your towers are bad. This is not fun.

Well, this happened to me, and I decided that I should probably just leave the game. I hate leaking every round. I also hate being a nuisance on the team, because they will certainly lose them the game if I am leaking every single round.

Only makes sense to leave the game. So, I get banned for a day for leaving the game. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. First of all, my team probably doesn't want me there at all because I am leaking every round and they get zero gold for my leaks. Second, I don't want to be there as well, because I enjoy killing my rounds, getting good income, and not being a nuisance on the team. (Keep in mind that most games I play are not like this, but occasionally you just get unlucky)

So, ENT, with this ban, you are basically telling me that I should stay in the game despite my bad rolls / leaks and fuck over my whole team and probably lose the game for them, just do I don't get banned. That seems like such terrible logic, and it needs to be changed immediately. Especially with how low population the wc3 community is getting, this matters now more than ever. You end up shunning people like me who get banned for being logical and leaving a game when it makes complete sense to leave it.

I understand that you are probably trying to prevent people from just immediately leaving the game when they get bad rolls. I understand there needs to be a deterrent from just leaving the game immediately for whatever reason. But please don't punish people for making smart decisions which benefit the player and the team as a whole. It is extremely upsetting, and makes me want to never play an ENT hosted game again

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Change your ban algorithm for legion TD

Postby Unitil » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:47 am

So what you're suggesting is to remove autobans for leavers who are unable to make good out of a bad situation?

Do note, you're expected to stay in-game until the game is finished, drawn, or your team has forfeited. Everyone in the game has the same chances with regards to tower rolls. It's what you do with that roll and as a team; to see if you're able to overcome your opponents.

Legion TD Mega is a competitive map, and thus it has autoban enabled.
Having autoban disabled, it can be abused by users, even if their intentions are innocent.

Per our rules
Do not leave before the game has certainly ended, especially if no other player has left.

This suggestion is denied.

Processing.

*EDIT*

Noticed you placed title as "Change your ban algorithm", however, there is no way of differentiating in the way you desire.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”