LTD 1200 2018

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Qvist
Treant

LTD 1200 2018

Postby Qvist » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:17 pm

I still really enjoy playing td here on your bots, but I still have a suggestion which "I" think would be better for the game.

First of all the normal mega bot is just a mess to be honest and I guess I could blame myself for that: Merge is seriously a joke now completely ruined the game:/

But my focus is not so much on the mega bot I think some really enjoy killing noobs with a overpowered tactic…

Suggestion is; Remove LIHL! reset stats to 1200 and lets have a competetive bot instead of two separate bots which serve pretty much the same.

Why let 70 people out of the public play when there is need for more active players?
So why is this a good idea?

Usually good games goes by seasons and you also do that in LIHL but the public stats have been the same since I started playing here which I think is a shame. I think it will give a good and fun boost to reset all to 1200 and let all the lihl players into 1200 bot so first of all more players but probably also a more skilled bot where people really play ltd on a high level.
I find it weird to have to seperate bots where the purpose is the same. Solo lane and teamplay? Why not just go all in on 1200, it could be a good bot if it wasnt dead at night europe time and wasnt the same players playing over and over again.
I understand some would say 1200 bot skillwise is much lower than LIHL but I disagree its probably very close and there is really no need for LIHL if you reset the stats to 1200 then all would be at the same playing field and games would be intense :)

Hope some people can see the good idea :)

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Re: LTD 1200 2018

Postby AmnoN » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 am

@qvist
1) The 1200+ bot is not even remotely close to the quality/ level of play of the LIHL bot - the separate bot serves a very clear purpose.

Anyone can get 1200+ elo (not terribly hard), but the vouch system keeps a higher level of quality in LIHL as opposed to the 1200 bot. It is also important to keep in mind that LIHL is separate in terms of criteria than 1200+: as mentioned, LIHL has a vouch system which requires a demonstration of skill, whereas, 1200+ can be achieved through crossing, merging, and other tactics which are simply not allowed on either the 1200+ or LIHL bots. As a result, many players who have 1200+ elo simply do not belong in a competitive environment since they likely cannot make the change (merging and crossing are incredibly mindless tactics and I have seen first hand what happens to even 2k elo players who have to play solo - it has been laughable on more than one occasion). The points made above are mostly factual in nature and largely cannot be disputed.

TLDR: There are far more 'bad' players on the 1200+ bot than the LIHL bot since it is much easier to achieve 1200 elo than get vouched and stay vouched. For that reason, there is a clear reason for the LIHL bot being separate from the 1200+ bot.

2) If you want to fix the problem with the Mega bot, make a suggestion around not allowing merging. I tend to agree that it is a rather overpowered tactic and simply prolongs the length of games. I would even argue that it is much stronger than crossing as it is easier to control leaks and make it easy for 1 lane to reach the middle on racing levels.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 am

@Qvist Open invitation to observe some LIHL games and you will see the clear difference from 1200+ bot to our bot.All you need to do is give us a message on discord and well add you to our channels, so that you will be informed when a game is hosted. Also you might learn a thing or 2, and maybe in the future find interest to join us aswell. New players are always welcome :)

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 am

@Snowblind he is more than aware of it.
The reason for this suggestion is simply that he has been unvouched multiple times due to ragequits and bad behavior as far i remember.
He had his last chance which ended in a perma unvouche.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=106023&p=418962
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
Anda (Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 am)

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:08 pm

What Ammon said.
Lihl is open to everyone who is good enough and can behave, the for the latter one the standards aren't even that high :D

Denied
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”