The process is too hard

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Fur
Basic Tree

The process is too hard

Postby Fur » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi,

So sometime I get banned for leaving without leaving before the end of the game.

When I try to appeal, the process it too complicated for me, to be performed.

Can you please simplify the process?

I know you've tried to explain it as simple as possible, but it's still very hard to perform, and quite frankly I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: The process is too hard

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:35 pm

You just input the information at the end of every line of the template... It should be pretty explicit. You seem to have a decent English level, what exactly is the problem you're having?

sl4ck
Poison Treant

Postby sl4ck » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:40 pm

You understand english, you have a keyboard & you managed to post this suggestion.
I dont understand how you are struggling to post an appeal tbh. where exactly are you stuck?

1. go here: viewforum.php?f=7
2. click "New Topic"
3. Fill out the form (Your wc3 name etc)
4. Press "Submit"

Since this is your first post, you havent even tried yet. Give it a shot, worst case you are asked additional questions by a mod.
These users thanked the author sl4ck for the post:
Panopticon (Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:03 am)

sl4ck
Poison Treant

Postby sl4ck » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 pm

AndyMaster
Armored Tree

Postby AndyMaster » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:12 pm

I agree with Fur (and I speak perfect English). It is not that we don't understand HOW do to it, it is simply that it takes too long TO do it. We shouldn't have to get everything perfect on the forms to ban someone that ENT should want banned to begin with (if you want honest games, make it easy to report the cheaters). If someone is map hacking or throwing a game, you should require the name of the violator, the game it was in and a brief description. NOT, "what realm is the violator on" and other details that the moderator already has access to.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:42 pm

... You literally don't even need to copy and paste this

Your Warcraft III username:
Realm/Gateway:
Why are you banned:
Why you should be unbanned:

the forum does it for you.

Name: Yarragon
Realm: USEast (Where do you live?)
Why I'm banned: This is probably the hardest thing to do... and it takes 30 seconds to join a game, see and read why they banned you, and then open up the forums to click the button.
Why you should be unbanned: Because I'm sorry / blah blah blah game crashed, internet dropped, whatever.

I have even seen people leave half of this stuff blank and get unbanned.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:56 pm

@andymaster im a volunteer. I invest a lot of time in helping this community. Information "i have access to" can also be provided by the op which saves me a step or two, or three...

Time stamps are important because it allows us to narrow our focus, which again saves us some time. If you want honest games, invest some time into helping us catch the cheaters.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 pm

AndyMaster wrote:I agree with Fur (and I speak perfect English). It is not that we don't understand HOW do to it, it is simply that it takes too long TO do it. We shouldn't have to get everything perfect on the forms to ban someone that ENT should want banned to begin with (if you want honest games, make it easy to report the cheaters). If someone is map hacking or throwing a game, you should require the name of the violator, the game it was in and a brief description. NOT, "what realm is the violator on" and other details that the moderator already has access to.

This topic was about the (even quicker and simpler) ban appeals, not requests. I sort of agree about information like realm, but that info is obtained so fast (by you or mod or anyone) that it's barely significant. Why would it make the difference between reporting someone or not? Even if you skipped that one, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind, but then again, why?

The annoying one is providing time stamps, but someone has to do it and mods obviously aren't the best positioned ones to find those specific moments and places in the game that you played, not to mention they'd have to do it over and over for every request. Either way, I find that the new faster fast forwarding of replays makes it much less annoying than it used to be.

sl4ck
Poison Treant

Postby sl4ck » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm

To ban appeals: I get it if players can get frustrated because sometimes it can take a while till a mod has the time to process a ban appeal, but thats due to the rather small mod team. The process of posting an appeal itself isnt complicated at all. If you managed to install wc3, you should be able to post an appeal. Its not like we throw out appeals because they are in broken english or some info is missing. If someone doesnt know why he got banned or requires any other assistance, he will get help usually either by a mod or by one of the other active people here on the forum.

@AndyMaster
To ban request: Since there is no in-game report function and afaik all mods skipped their divination classes in Hogwarts, yes, ban requests require a bit of work from you, finding the replay etc, there is just no way around that.
Regarding timestamps: All mods review ban requests during their free time. Put yourself in our position for a moment: You cant expect us to watch an entire 1 hour dota match to look for that one time where someone fed intentionally by running into the enemy towers. You already played that game, you know where to look in the replay to give us atleast a rough timestamp. Thats really not asking too much, especially you only need to go through the few replays of your own, mods have to look through many more. Without timestamps it would simply be impossible.

@Fur Your ban expired by the way. All I needed to look that up was your name. I am sure you could have written your name into an appeal and we could have worked from there.

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:54 pm

@AndyMaster You are basically saying you are not willing to spend 2-5 minutes writing a report (if you are slow), but you expect moderators to sit here around the clock without payment of any kind, and answer the requests in 2 seconds? Get fucking real man.

I also find brqs being slow and it sucks and its frustrating being banned and waiting for unban, but get real. We can not demand anything, they do it out of free will and try to help as fast as they can.

Im banned now and waiting for unban, I should know.

But to be ontopic here. There are ways ban requests could be faster, but it would probably also be used 100 times more often and there would be more abuse, and more troll requests then ever. There could be a command say

!report blaze-@eu.battle.net antistuckabuse, and it would automatically create the forum thread with timestamp and all the info needed. All you need is someone willing to code it for you. But my guess here is that there would be about 500-1000 brq's a day.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Denied, it cant be simpler.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”