muh warn level

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

muh warn level

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 pm

I don't really know where to post this, it's part technical support, part suggestion, and part complaint. I posted in technical support about an unrelated matter yesterday and every post I make in complaints takes 1 day to get approved (warn related?), so I'm going to post this here.

So I'm currently at 30% forum warn, 10% of which was kind of a mistake by whichever mod gave it to me, but I'll leave the details for the possible complaint down the line. I was wondering if it was possible to know what the warn level does exactly. The mod I mentioned told me warn is mostly "just a note for the mod team in case you go crazy on the forum or something" (I'm paraphrasing but it was something very close to this) but I'm assuming you start losing privileges and functions (avatar, signature, PM access, etc) as it reaches certain thresholds, yet I don't think anybody really knows about what those might be. Am I right in thinking my warn is delaying my replies in the complaints forum? Everyone else seems to be able to reply to each other relatively quickly, for me it's always 24 hours.

Next, I suggest that there should be a way to appeal this crap. I think it's weird that if you posted a cat picture after the official "no spam beyond this point" warning of a moderator back in 1985, you'd still have 10% warn today. I want to change this.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: muh warn level

Postby Unitil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Like in-game warnings, they are simply there for the forum staff to reflect on. If you had been warned in the past for similar behaviour, you can be banned temporarily from the forum.

The warnings stay as they would on an in-game account. You are not banned but it is a formal warning regarding your behaviour on the forum.

There is nothing to appeal.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Unitil wrote:Like in-game warnings, they are simply there for the forum staff to reflect on. If you had been warned in the past for similar behaviour, you can be banned temporarily from the forum.

The warnings stay as they would on an in-game account. You are not banned but it is a formal warning regarding your behaviour on the forum.

There is nothing to appeal.

Why is there a warning level, though? If they're separate notes for separate offenses (and an "offense"), why are they being added up? Don't accumulated warns for random reasons ever have an effect? Every (totally normal and legitimate) post I made in that last complaint thread took a full day to approve, what's the reason for that?

My warn level is "3" actually, not 30%. Why can I even check my forum warn level if it's supposed to be just for the mods? People can't consult whichever ban info you guys have on everyone, why am I even being shown my forum warn if it doesn't concern me?

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:07 am

3 indicates the number of times you’ve been warned. That is not a level, but a number.

On three separate cases you have been warned for things you have done in the forum. Like in-game, this does not simply disappear, and is available for us to view.

Also, that is not something publically viewable except to the user who was warned and the staff members.

DAB0FEE9-1519-4691-AB50-6163EBEB7499.png
Third party view of your profile
DAB0FEE9-1519-4691-AB50-6163EBEB7499.png (238.52 KiB) Viewed 677 times

Considering this is likely not to change, archiving.

We do take into account time differences between offences, however, the warnings are there as a tool to assist the forum staff.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”