Tier 2 Games - AREM

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Shane
Forest Walker

Tier 2 Games - AREM

Postby Shane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 pm

I understand there is the IH games that's good but there not always running an sometimes take forever to start.
Is it to much to make tier 2 games like 1100+ elo players can play in? There is alot of low elo players that can play in the low tier games. Because frankly it's annoying constantly playing with lower tier players that constantly throw the game. I think there is a decent amount of 1100+ players. I mean you could even do 1050+ elo players. Just a suggestion.

Letbell
Treant

Re: Tier 2 Games - AREM

Postby Letbell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 am

Shane wrote:I understand there is the IH games that's good but there not always running an sometimes take forever to start.
Is it to much to make tier 2 games like 1100+ elo players can play in? There is alot of low elo players that can play in the low tier games. Because frankly it's annoying constantly playing with lower tier players that constantly throw the game. I think there is a decent amount of 1100+ players. I mean you could even do 1050+ elo players. Just a suggestion.

Well, I also like the idea of having 1,100 elo DoTA arem games, but we need more people from ENT community to support this.

Another downside of having 1,100 elo games is separating the over-all player database from normal arem game, which is something ENT may have to overlook such as:

1) How will this suggestion affect the overall players? [ There's too many hero that players wouldn't want to play, and there's heroes that mostly meta in v6.83 - I'm talking pub meta where lc, slark, bara, and skymage, techies and meepo. There are also other heroes that have been left out and un-touch, because they don't fit the meta - simply not everyone like to pick hero that synergy with that particular heroes.

For example: Luna + Shadow demon, CK + iO, Lycan + Beastmaster, Terrorblade + Necrolyte, Visage + Furion/Venge,, Bloodseeker + Zues + Warlock.

2) Will they really try to sustain their elo in order to play it or not? [ Sustaining elo is not something that everyone like to do, because majority of the people like to play casually. ]

3) What about smurfing? [ Smurfing is pretty much out of context here since no one willing to sustain elo on smurf accounts ]

SO overall, majority players will only support this if only:
1) smurf-able? If not, then they wont' support it
2) Fairness from random pick? If not, then they won't support it.
3) Heroes that you don't like to play? If not, then they won't support it.

EDIT1: I also recommend that you tried out iccup DoTA game if you want higher quality gaming. They usually love to play captain mode, random draft, and single draft. Majority of the players are very skillful (even their lowest elo players know how to play real DoTA)

ENT DoTA community do offer high quality gaming, but only within in-house.
ENT DoTA is all about casual and friendly, but offering higher quality is not impossible, because it's mostly base on majority of the players.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Tier 2 Games - AREM

Postby Unitil » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:33 am

As noted, this would need support from the community, and as is, there is not a large player base to support another bot.

Considering the age of this topic, and the lack of support, denied.

Uakf.b may or may not bring back DotA matchmaking, but for now we'll wait and see.
Link for more info: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132796

Processing.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”