Decrease of players

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Jericho
Armored Tree

Decrease of players

Postby Jericho » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Since ENT was turned off from Battlenet, a lot of player have not installed Entconnect.

http://prntscr.com/lkanmx
Look how much you have to wait for a Dota AR game from. As a Dota player I preffer to go elsewhere to play. And I'm not the only one.
Even on LTD Mega when a game was full instantly in 10 sec back in the days, now you wait 15-20 mins for a game to start. Maybe you are taking into consideration to bring back games on Bnet, Blizzard will delay a lot their next patch, they're too busy now with their Reforged game.
Do something about it.

EdgeOfChaos

Re: Decrease of players

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Also depends on time of day. AP games fill pretty quickly at peak hours.

Since ENT's bots are all banned, I don't think they'll be restored.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

It's the same problem with life. The more obstacles there are to doing something, the less incentive you have to do it. This extra step for ENTconnect might have derailed the others to where they don't see another alternative and likely moved on. The reforged game likely brings back some more players and ENT may be able to lure a few of them into using ENT but until then, it is unlikely ENT gets back to the same amount of active players they had months ago. I've noticed that AREM players have been forced to play APEM games just so games would start. I'm just glad ATVI stock has been crashing. Clearly not related to WC3 at all but they have been making questionable decisions the past year.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Astros wrote:I've noticed that AREM players have been forced to play APEM games just so games would start.

exactly... what a pain in the ass having to deal with those typical apem cancer kids

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm

I haven't really been playing on entconnect. I have it working and I intend to eventually, but I guess I'm kind of bummed out by the loss of b.net's functionality right now. Is arem really that slow? Right now my order of preference is as follows:

1. arem
2. killing myself
3. lod
4. apem

I wouldn't want to have to go down that list. I mean if #2 doesn't work out, then I'll have to play lod, and that would be pretty horrible.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:38 pm

This suggestion doesn't suggest anything. We cannot 'do something about it'. There's nothing to be done. Our cd keys are banned and the patch comes next month.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”