hellhalt bot auto mode -prac

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

2in1
Basic Tree

Re: hellhalt bot auto mode -prac

Postby 2in1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 am

keep -paac

use another bot for -prac

:D

HertigTorulf
Basic Tree

Postby HertigTorulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 am

If there were only -prac I would probably stop playing on ent. I can enjoy "pr" as a fun thing once per 500 games or so.
"pr" is waay to easy and that's why I don't like the mode.

I don't mind a secondary bot ofc,

/player with +2500 games.

Esile
ENT Staff

Postby Esile » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 am

Hello,

Any player who joins HHTD lobbies regularly can tell you that games where red announces -prac, fill incredibly slowly. This mode may have been popular on other bots such as p1l1s, but this is ENT. We have a different player base here, whether better or worse, which does not favour -prac.

If p1l1s players want to join this community, they can very well host their own games with their mode of choice, or, when given red spot, announce such a mode in lobby. Should they insist, perhaps they can donate a cd key to ENT for a trial -prac bot.

It would be a great inconvenience to have to announce -paac on every game if -prac would become default, which is something that would push a lot of existing players away. We are talking about a mode that has been the default on ENT for Hell TD and then Hellhalt for years.
If it isn't broke, why fix it?

In short, not in favour of switching the default bot's mode. Creating a second bot for it I think would be a failure, but that is up to ENT.

/dina

@HELLRAISER

Atrux
Basic Tree

Postby Atrux » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 am

I do agree with the previous mentioned arguments for not changing the bot to -prac.

If there really are that many players that want to get together and do -prac, then I'd rather see them make their private games OR snag red and announce the mode OR ENT make like a game or two as "test"-bots instead of changing the automode. This way, one would at least see the demand for that mode before changing the script.

As others mentioned, this community is used to and mostly do prefer -paac, thus changing it to -prac would be less pleasing for most of us, I believe.

Atrux

overwatch
Armored Tree

Postby overwatch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am

If -prac is new standard mode, I will stop playing.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:50 pm

It's always been clear that the ENT population as a majority does not like PR. The numbers coming from ENT on battle.net are for sure a lot more than those coming from elsewhere. I don't think there is a population to support 2 bots with different modes and certainly oppose changing the default mode on the current map.

Denied

Return to “Suggestion Archive”