Reducing required ELO on ENT31

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

epicdeath
Treant

Re: Reducing required ELO on ENT31

Postby epicdeath » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 pm

^ lihl has vouch requests because it is an in-house league, not a public bot. As amusing as 1200+ vouch requests would be it's simply not going to happen as the entire point of the autohosted bots is that anyone is allowed to play on them. Besides this do any 1200 players actually play mega enough to 'know' upcoming players?

Bonhart
Aura Tree

Postby Bonhart » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 pm

epicdeath wrote:^ lihl has vouch requests because it is an in-house league, not a public bot. As amusing as 1200+ vouch requests would be it's simply not going to happen as the entire point of the autohosted bots is that anyone is allowed to play on them. Besides this do any 1200 players actually play mega enough to 'know' upcoming players?

A lot of 1200 + players play in MEGA cuz tbh 1200 bot its empty or maybe not empty but few games on it per day.
iN hproxx We Trust !

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 am

The Mega bot has 923 games played last week and 470 on 1200+. That's essentially half, which is actually ideal I think for a higher elo bot. I don't think it's useful to try and transfer lower elo players onto 1200+ to increase the activity there when it will lower the quality of the games, and when Mega itself does not fill very fast at certain times of day.

As for the -nm suggestion, very few people will argue it's not the most balanced mode played. However it's my experience that there is a subset of players, some high elo, that prefer to play with cross because they find it more fun. I made my way up to 1200+ recently and usually played -nm when i could on red. Games would take a while to start because many would dodge the mode. I would not like to enforce it on Mega players who are likely to dislike it when we are such a smaller community now with very little chance of growth. Is -nm more friendly to new players? Almost certainly, but the time where new players played on our servers is past.

Imo, things should stay as they are. There's no reason to piss off the people who came to ENT to play in that style and potentially drive them away when we have so little players left. It's possible to play nm on Mega if you want by announcing it. Lets let people play what they want.
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post (total 2):
so_smart (Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:04 am) • Jabba41 (Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:43 pm)

legiontdgrrr
ENT Staff

Postby legiontdgrrr » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 am

i think i dont agree on this one

will say 1 thing only , on mega bots there are many players with more then 1200elo , so they dont join 1200+ for some reason

i dont think it can work tbh(because of no cross/merge/antistuck )
seBastian Kimi is FASTER then you

legion90
Armored Tree

Postby legion90 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:01 pm

The playerbase is only dropping cause of WC3Connect. Anyway mega bot should be nm, but should be able to change to mid.

speedyrowky
Forest Walker

Postby speedyrowky » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:03 am

hi,

I vote no.

mega games should be played as 1200+ rules.

If not, you ask people to come in 1200+ and pure tk, and a lot of players leave the community cuz of this.
Instead, you should start banning again people trolling and tking.....

Gl hf

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 am

Overall community doesn't feel the 1200+ bot should lower it's ELO requirement, therefor archived.

Refer to Quetra's post for any further concern on the matter.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”