2 APEM bots

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

nitromon
Treant

2 APEM bots

Postby nitromon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:56 am

Hi,

Since the AREM bot is pretty much dead, how about using it to host a 2nd APEM bot simutaneously?

There are times it seemed like the APEM games are not filling very fast and we assume it is because there aren't any players. However, several times, I see that once the game is filled and gone into play, the next game get filled up really fast. This means that there are players who didn't want to play in a game they thought was too stacked, so they opted to wait for the next game.

I really don't know how many players are left in DOTA, but if there are enough, a 2nd APEM bot might be beneficial. The only draw back I can think of is that if the player pool really is too small, then having 2 available games might slow it down even more when say 4 players wait in 1 game and 3 players in another game.

;)

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: 2 APEM bots

Postby Merex » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 am

Why have a clone of an existing bot and risk an unnecessary population split?
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:14 am

Merex wrote:Why have a clone of an existing bot and risk an unnecessary population split?

Yah, that would be the possible draw back if there aren't enough players. But I've seen it very often where a group of friends or just stackers all on one team and the other team just won't fill for like 30-40 minutes b/c nobody wants to play against a team of stackers. 'til finally some really bad players who don't care about the match up fills up and the game starts. But the next game lobby fills up almost immediately indicating there are actually a lot of players, but they just wouldn't join the previous overly stacked game so the previous game was "stalling" the DOTA lobby for up to 30-40 minutes.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Stacking has and always will happen in any team game. Problem is there aren't enough other "good" players and too many bad players so the days of one player being able to carry 3-4 bad players on a team consistently vs "very good" players are over. I remember when you could actually carry a bad team because the average player wasn't really that bad. Now, you're stuck with some of the worst players on ENT history who are toxic, refuse to help, and can care less about being banned until it actually happens and they're running straight to the appeals section. Regarding two bots, technically, there are two bots already. Players just have to join AREM and vote APEM. I wonder if it would be possible for ENT to advertise on WC3. The newer players have no clue about ENT if they're interested. ENT won't get many new players and the community is shrinking. What if games were hosted with the title, "GO TO ENTGAMING.NET FOR COMPETITIVE WC3 GAMING" or something relatable. I've actually upgraded my patch as well and many games are filling in WC3. It's not that bad other than the fact that the necessary features for a more competitive gameplay such as stat-tracking, game-ruiners getting banned, and ability to reconnect aren't implemented.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Denied, the population number won't support this.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”