dota top players issue

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

taking-names
Basic Tree

dota top players issue

Postby taking-names » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:18 pm

I want to talk about and suggest a fix to a big problem in the dota community, no one plays on their main account anymore. lots of people suggest to not allow smurfs, but I don't think smurfing is the problem. I think the "top players" listing is the problem

first, please take a look at the top players: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/top/
look at their accounts and take note of the last time they played, and how many times they played. heres looking at each of the profiles in the top ten

saint: 2 games, back in December
dhamma: last played December
zam: no games
product: 1 game, January 21st
barbaesthero: Jan 6th
korean: no games
greenmtn: last played November
iwinifyoulose: 1 game, September
raining: no games
smoker_: last played December

what you should notice is, hardly any of them are even playing. and the ones who are playing are doing the bare minimum games they need to not get their accs cleared (once every 3 months)

now I have a question, can one really be considered a "top player" if they are too afraid to even play the game anymore for fear of losing their internet points?

this is my suggestion, being active should be a requirement to being listed in the top ten page (at least), and maybe the top players tab

I am not saying to clear their stats for inactivity, I am just saying to hide them from the page if they are inactive. you could do this by adding a requirement like: must have played 5 dota games in the past week to be listed. these numbers could be adjusted obviously for fairness, but the principle is that in order to be a top player, you have to actually play the game

not only would this make the top player page more reasonable (for example, clearing people who are actually inactive), it would force people to play atleast some games on their main account, which would help cut down on the Major smurfing issue going on right now. it's impossible to find a dota game without 3+ new acc smurfs these days. this would discourage stacking your way into the top ten then sitting on your internet points forever... which lets be honest is pretty sad

nearly everyone with reasonably high elos is inactive, and they dont deserve to be listed as a top player if they are. a 1200 elo person who plays the game is more deserving of the spot than a cowardly 2500 elo player

kasper699
Treant

Re: dota top players issue

Postby kasper699 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:49 am

decay elo per week if no games played maybe

VirusHunter
Corrupted Treant

Postby VirusHunter » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:46 pm

so, some players worked their butt off to get their top spot position. Sometimes they just wanna play but not try hard ya know. So having smurf accounts helps that. Im not 100% apposed to having some sort of decay but i wouldn't make it tooo drastic.
-auctoritas non veritas facit legem-

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Classic new account individual stating "reset all top 10 players accounts" since he is too pussy to work his way to the top as the players mentioned. The system is flawed, as many of you know, and earning 2k+ elo is essentially impossible in 2019, without playing with an organized team, picking strong heroes for the patch. Top 10 players get no more then 5-10 elo MAX if playing with 4 useless teammates, and against decent players, or worse, 5 smurfs. What is the point of playing with the stress of losing 20-28 elo, for the gain of 1 lmfao. You would have to win 5-10 just to make up for 1 loss. Thus resulting in players like myself picking heroes that can solo carry a game without help from a team, ie. meepo.

I play daily, but don't feel the need to erase my main account's stats, as I spent 8 months trying to get to said rank. Playing one game every month (roughly) to maintain my hard earned position is justified. This person @taking-names is probably king.kar or vaylen trolling again on a new account, just like @markaragnos who had all his posts deleted viewtopic.php?f=14&t=139158. As I said before, and will state again, the top players of the past will continue to have the highest elo if they so chose. These players have higher dota iq, better gme sense, understanding, positioning, and mechanical skill then those who struggle to get past 1500 elo. I almost have 2 top ten accounts on xsaintxx and shibal-nyon (1804 elo). If you think you deserve to be a top ranking player, then stick to one account, and try to play vs me every day, and see how far you get. Good luck!

taking-names
Basic Tree

Postby taking-names » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:57 pm

well it seems ive rustled a few jimmies LaL

elo is supposed to be a representation of your skill level, which will get more and more accurate as you play games. if you are too scared to play because you know your elo will go down, that means you dont deserve to have that much in the first place

I think its fair that the so-called best dota players would have to play on their main in order to keep it there, or else you get exactly what happened with the current top 10. a bunch of random players who got boosted there and have zero chance of ever dropping because they dont play.

and it wasnt hard earned, you were boosted there by good players, you stacked heavily, and played geomancer only.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 am

Who boosted me? Please show evidence of who I played with. I played with one friend, who went techies mid. When I played solo, I went meepo mid. Easy to talk big about who is a "good" player when you dont have the dick to say who u are. I'm a better player then you'd ever be. Pce out loser. Keep resetting, smurfing and dodging bans.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm

No such need for this as ENT has a stat strip that will remove ELO etc. from an account after 3 months of inactivity.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”