Linkens glitch - Revise the rule

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Astros
ENT Staff

Linkens glitch - Revise the rule

Postby Astros » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Linkens is a frequently purchased item and some games stretch to the point where it may have to be sold to substitute for a different item. Clearly, the rule is stated to not purposely glitch or exploit in a game but considering this, should the rule be revised regarding when Linkens can be sold?

Some suggestions:

-Must hold Linkens for a minimum of 40 minutes before it can be sold.
-Linkens can be sold if the game is past the hour mark duration.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Re: Linkens glitch - Revise the rule

Postby Edgeofchaos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm

Is it possible for someone to fix the bug instead?
Don't know if hermit is still here, else someone else with mapping knowledge could try, or I could if there's any interest.
EdgeOfChaos vs. Masterkiller bo3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141323

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Edgeofchaos wrote:Is it possible for someone to fix the bug instead?
Don't know if hermit is still here, else someone else with mapping knowledge could try, or I could if there's any interest.

That would be the easy remedy but I would assume that if it were to be fixed, it would have been done by now. If you're willing to do so, that would be far better.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:18 pm

I think, we all can agree, that if linken is purchased at x time (say 15-30 mins) and the game prolongs to 70+ mins, where defensive items are less viable, and to where disable/mobility/damage items are more useful, then it should be ok to sell linkens for said items. The problem itself is not that its unfair that a glitch is present, but that some heroes will not have time to farm a 7th item or more, thus making it an uneven playing field. Someone plz amend the rules, as its not right to ban all players, because let's be honest, everyone has and will continue to do it. One ban request will not stop this.

divinerape
Aura Tree

Postby divinerape » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Amend the rules or we will go back to dark ages of ent when king.kar was purging ent with 20 sites of ban reports.
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT

rizzrak
Aura Tree

Postby rizzrak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Linkens sphere is a glitched item in this version. I dont think there will be any further map editor to fix it. So the best way to do this
is to make a rule everyone can agree on. If you have linkens, the only way you can sell it is if your full slotted, and need to replace your 6th final item. Or if you have 6 items and want to add the linkens as your 7th.

There are many cases where people do this, and it should not warrant a ban. Most people dont know Its actually a waste of gold to buy linkens just to sell it for the block. which is why it only becomes a game changer when its late game. i believe this rule makes sense for everyone.

it is legal to sell linkens as long as it replaces your 6th slot, or to add the final 7th slot. @astros

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 pm

The code is all a bunch of obfuscated shit and I can see why no one else fixed it, fixing this would be a longer project and I can't even test it alone since you can't cancel your own linkens so yeah I'd assume for now it's just going to be bugged. Anyone interested in working on this and know jass and potentially fixing it give me a pm and I can show my results so far, I've found the code responsible for linkens refresh though it's extremely difficult to understand
EdgeOfChaos vs. Masterkiller bo3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141323

Farmer
Resource Storage

Postby Farmer » Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 am

Why cant you simply just make it part of the game? Why ban the option to even do this? This situation really only occurs in a long game, so making it a bannable offense for selling an item late game is laughable. Why must I be forced to keep an item that is most useful mid game? Nobody is dumb enough to make it and sell it right away because that's just a waste of gold and a negative impact for yourself. If anything its just a cool added bonus feature for this map. If you find the need to make a linkins and sell it you should be allowed. ANYONE CAN DO IT. Its far different than the bat urn glitch since it would only benefit that one hero in the current game.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed May 01, 2019 12:25 am

Pseudo 7th slots aren't supposed to be a thing in 6.83. If you had reasons to get a linken's earlier in the game, those reasons should still exist later on, so there's no real justification for selling it outside of exploiting the glitch on purpose, and at that point you're basically letting that glitch dictate how the game should be played.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:09 am

I don't agree sylvanas. Sure on paper, single spelled disables are strong in the early-mid game, but late game, even supports have items that can you kill enemies, or keep you alive. Think, supports can farm linkens, and place buff on you, and let the true carry do the heavy dps. supports can have pipe, force staff, eblade even to place on their cores to survive physical burst damage. Argue that point. Also, all heroes in 60+ mins usually have hex's, high armor, and damage. If your carry has linken and bkb to save themselves from a few magic nukes, and the enemy cores do not have defensive items, you will lose the game, if both parties play as well as each other. The thing is, linken may be bugged to some, but it's only a problem for those who can't farm it. It's a problem sure, but its fair because everyone has the option to buy and sell it. It's not a game breaking glitch like TA refraction. If linken is bought early for the right intended purpose, of blocking a spell and providing regen/some stats, then it should be allowed to be sold in the ultra late game. Sounds like a fair argument, and im glad i got banned for it so the community can start some discussion.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed May 01, 2019 5:11 am

Pretty sure a lot of people going to disagree with this, but if you can't fix it, then code it and lock it like some of the agh scepter on some heroes so it is not droppable or sellable.

While we're at it, someone modify so you can upgrade diffusal unlimited times to get more charges. Seems rather silly after using 16 charges you can't buy more.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed May 01, 2019 5:40 am

While linken's viability as a final, permanent item is debatable, ignoring this glitch still ends up reshaping the endgame. Anyone that can afford it will get themselves a permanent spell block effect that they normally could maybe not even consider getting under normal circumstances. Then all those heroes end up being one spell harder to lock down, and a team with more disables than necessary ends up having just enough and a team that had just enough ends up not having enough.

Imagine you're a hero like leoric or sven, who depends on his one stun to close the distance and kill his targets, and you're the only person in your team who's in reach of some key enemy. Well if it's late game and they're allowed to get a 7th slot spell block, they're getting away. People that normally would have been killed end up living, and the outcome can change completely all due to phantom spell blocks that shouldn't be there. This is how you allow a glitch to introduce a weird random factor into the game. Personally, even if it's not an ideal scenario either, I don't consider that being stuck with a linken's is the lesser of two evils.

phuphew
Armored Tree

Postby phuphew » Wed May 01, 2019 9:36 am

To be honest, i guess in 100 games maybe there is 1 game where i am 6 slotted and manage to go for a 7th item, since in most cases people save for buyback. Since most of the players wont sell linkens anyways. And if you decide to finish linkens at around min 25, why would you sell it immediately.
+ I think in 1000 games i didnt ever play 1 game, where this glitch really was a gamechanger. I cant even remeber that ever someone sold linkens.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Wed May 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Edgeofchaos wrote:fixing this would be a longer project and I can't even test it alone since you can't cancel your own linkens

I’ve heard you also get the bug triggered if you use linken on your allies - not sure if this would allow you to test alone

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 pm

kunkka wrote:
Edgeofchaos wrote:fixing this would be a longer project and I can't even test it alone since you can't cancel your own linkens

I’ve heard you also get the bug triggered if you use linken on your allies - not sure if this would allow you to test alone

:V Yes, you can.

The bug will also triggered if you used it on your allies.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKW3tgYXgE (TheBaltazarTV)
Attachments
Linken bug.JPG
Linken bug.JPG (16.74 KiB) Viewed 2855 times

Return to “Suggestion Archive”