ENT.18 Bot allow to Votestart

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Forest Walker

ENT.18 Bot allow to Votestart

Postby 1005 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:58 am

Hi ENT Admins,

Can you please allow ENT.18 bot to do !vs (Votestart) instead of wait for a full house.

I do prefer votestart does auto balance too.

Will this implement possible?

Cheers,

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Re: ENT.18 Bot allow to Votestart

Postby AmnoN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:41 pm

It creates too many issues with lane imbalances to allow votestart, especially when you consider that (as much as I dislike it) crossing and merging as incredibly important in Mega. It is also important to note that it is 4v4 because incredibly difficult if there are odd numbers and the map is designed for 4v4 in addition to the 1v1 and 2v2 maps being very different.

Autobalance is a totally separate issue. I do not want to speak on behalf of all staff, but historically, we have been against the idea of forcing balancing for several reasons... You can reference autobalance topics for more detail.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 pm

AmnoN wrote:It creates too many issues with lane imbalances to allow votestart, especially when you consider that (as much as I dislike it) crossing and merging as incredibly important in Mega. It is also important to note that it is 4v4 because incredibly difficult if there are odd numbers and the map is designed for 4v4 in addition to the 1v1 and 2v2 maps being very different.

Autobalance is a totally separate issue. I do not want to speak on behalf of all staff, but historically, we have been against the idea of forcing balancing for several reasons... You can reference autobalance topics for more detail.

But this is what I still don't get: Why is the defaultmode the most problematic one? Why is not no mid the normal mode and cross/merge must be enable via mode picking command. Same with autobalance. Why is the unfair mode that allows stacking and dodging of new players the normal one? Shouldn't the people who try to play with their buddies have to vote for it and with the consent of the remaining players be able to do so? (Well this one isn't a big issue anymore since ent left battle.net)

All "ancient" posts rejecting such suggestions refer either to even older posts or to the general perceptions that people are more interested in playing with their friends cross/merge than a fair environment for balanced games. Fair enough, but as I stated above, wouldn't this be an easy solution to this issue? Also the legitimate votestart suggestion here would be perfectly valid then and just blocked if people choose to pick stacking with friends mode.

Also in my opinion "serving" fair games, should be a priority over pleasing people smurfing with their friends.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Due to ENT shutting down, this suggestion is archived.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”