Petition Post to bring back the old dota 6.83d [EDIT - I added a poll]

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Would you like ENT to revert back to hosting Dota 6.83d apem or stick to the new 6.85k

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:15 am

Go back to Dota 6.83d with APEM
92%
Stick to the new Dota 6.85k with just AP and NO APEM
8%

Total votes: 64

darklord1992
Forest Walker

Re: Petition Post to bring back the old dota 6.83d [EDIT - I added a poll]

Postby darklord1992 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:29 pm

invid2k14
Resource Storage

Postby invid2k14 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Look its quite simple, no one likes the new map or only a little do. Its not good, at all. No one wants to spend all of our time on a shit map (no offense though) that has no EM mode so 1. itll be longer 2. longer games are better on D2 not D1. And hotkeys arent even working so the heck?

Dhamma
Treant

Re: Petition Post to bring back the old dota 6.83d

Postby Dhamma » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Larz wrote:It is an em mode but yes the gold does come a bit slower,

There is *no* em mode on this map, I tested this months ago. Start a game typing -ap or -apem, it makes no difference.

Larz wrote:but that is off set by the fact items are quite a bit less expensive.

This is not an offset. Some items are simply cheaper because of the balance changes to the map. This has happen before, and has nothing to do with em mode in dota on TFT.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

CSNY
Aura Tree

Postby CSNY » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 pm

It's still on 6.83k?? Really? Really to bad, DOTA is dead now. Shame for all of us who have been playing for years. Really don't get why ENT isn't hosting the better of the maps, 6.83d. An end of an era, and a huge drag.

CSN
These users thanked the author CSNY for the post:
Xanatos-iX (Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 pm)

Larz

Postby Larz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:29 pm

@shalama that makes no difference
if it is auto hosted at apem it makes no difference what you type only an admin can change the game mode
The same with ap you as a player cant change the mode by typing -ap or -apem or -arem

onlyme3
Resource Storage

Postby onlyme3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:31 pm

on a site note, whats up with the christmas themes in this map, thought this was a 'newer' version lol

sealman
Forest Walker

Postby sealman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:44 pm

I dislike the new map, but I don't know I've given it a fair shot yet.

One of my biggest problems are the camera zoom controls. Using the circle of power (or the -camera command), you can raise the camera far above the map, taking in a much bigger view.

Specifically, zooming the camera way out makes it easier to spot ganks, easier to aim long range actions like blink, hook or the storm spirit blink. This advantage is compounded by the fact that noobs will have no idea the commands exist. It also promotes using bigger, more expensive monitors. Warcraft 3 has specifically not updated to widescreen because of the possible advantage it would provide. Camera zoom provides a similar advantage.

The map feels like too big of a change. Maybe if we'd been taking it incrementally it'd seem better, but I found it all unpleasing when I tried it.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Larz wrote:@shalama that makes no difference
if it is auto hosted at apem it makes no difference what you type only an admin can change the game mode
The same with ap you as a player cant change the mode by typing -ap or -apem or -arem

You don't think I know that? I test maps by hosting them myself...........
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Kornylol
Armored Tree

Postby Kornylol » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 pm

please switch back as I fear this change might kill dota 1 for those who still play it
These users thanked the author Kornylol for the post:
darklord1992 (Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 pm)

child
Plague Treant

Postby child » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

It's not that bad, but imo the map has been shit since like 6.81 or even 6.79, especially on EM.

Let it stay a couple of days and unless the opinions drastically change then switch back to 6.83

Aebi01
Resource Storage

Postby Aebi01 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 pm

If you guys want I can go in and change everything and make the map fun again I was on the design team for the original DOTA up until 2014 and have ample experience with design and codeing. I will bring the map into design..
Michelle.....

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:30 pm

ndjj22 wrote:how many players have to request a change before one is made? it seems like leadership is tone deaf to what the community is saying
The quantity of qqing has literally no influence on us. Neither do posts which just state it's shit. We are a community and things tend to be discussed. If you, however, can't discuss a certain topic, then you might be wrong giving input at all.

Everyone has claimed there are bugs, I would like them to be posted somewhere in order for the developer to fix them. Regarding the general disliking due to it being ap and the game flow being disrupted, that's yet another issue I would take into account for changing the map back.

I would appreciate if the players who dislike the change would comment on the moderator's personal opinion:
im just going to give my opinion.
Many players complain about an op meepo or slark picker can ruin the game.
So now we have a version that is more balanced and we still complain.
It is an em mode but yes the gold does come a bit slower, but that is off set by the fact items are quite a bit less expensive.
The reasons the games are longer is due to it being more balanced and any carry that just wants to sit back and play safe cant get over powered.
If you also notice cool downs and mana costs are less.
this helps make the game a tad more skill dependent and not as much item dependent also off setting the amount of gold you no longer receive for just being in the game.
I like dota no matter which version it is.
I am just saying a change is not a bad thing try it out for a few see where it goes. If it is a disaster I am sure something will be worked out.

Furthermore, the map will remain for a few days to see how it goes. Rest ensured though that we will change it back if we dont see any major ups for it. As usual, we consider map updates a step forward as anything can be better than IceFrog's abandoned map.

As this subject draws a lot of attention to it, the topic will be moderated. Please avoid harassment, trolling, vulgar language and off-topic posts.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Nin
Resource Storage

Postby Nin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:12 pm

I always like new changes, but I expect EM to be EM. I expect lower tower damage, higher EXP from creeps, and more gold per interval.
I think whoever made the map did a good job and i'm sure they put in a lot of effort. I think there has been more players experiencing lag and dropping out though.

sealman
Forest Walker

Postby sealman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:25 pm

CAMERA ZOOM. CAMERA ZOOM. If you haven't played with this command yet, you need to see it first hand.
standard zoom level
standard camera height.jpg
standard camera height.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1811 times

maximum zoom out
maximum zoom out.jpg
maximum zoom out.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1811 times

I want to bring up the camera zoom options, make sure everyone is understanding this.

You can now zoom WAAAAY far out. Either through options at the circle of power, or through the -camera command. This is a seriously game breaking and an unprecedented change.

For long distance heroes, this can be a great boon, but also a boon to those trying to avoid ganks by characters like bara, storm spirit, phoenix and probably some others I'm not remembering. Noobs suffer the most, as they wont know this command exists.

People on d1stats are asking for it to be removed or set as an optional mode, considering it a dealbreaker for competitive play.
http://forum.d1stats.ru/viewtopic.php?t=451

@aRt)Y

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Nin wrote:I always like new changes, but I expect EM to be EM.
Seems to be a naming issue on our side only though which can easily be fixed. It's noted, thanks.

Again, ENT tries new things here and then. We dont force it on the players as we've nothing to win by it but we expect a normal discussion in order to revert changes.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”