[ID] Gothmog@europe.battle.net

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

The_novelist
Basic Tree

[ID] Gothmog@europe.battle.net

Postby The_novelist » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10787353
Game Name: Island defense
Your Warcraft III Username: The_Novelist
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Gothmog
Violated Rule(s): Maphack/third party tools usage
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): 06:46
He nukes through the fog of war into a lumbering camp. He has no vision of the camp through the Fog of war and shouldn't be aware of any lumber camp being there.
Any further thoughts:
Apart from not buying pearl at the start, which is just a bit shady, he proceeds to find two lumber camps back to back without scouting. This can be called 'luck'. But he also in the replay nukes the trees behind walls to get workers at 02:15 and at 05:00 and 08:30 he decides not to nuke because he 'knows' there is nothing to be gained from it. He goes straight to all the 'good' lumber camps without buying/doing any scouting. At 05:38 he kills draenei's RC, but doesn't check the rest of the base and just leaves it, knowing all to well that it is empty. All of these things can be seen as just a coincidence or luck.
At 11:30 he hides his minions in texas base to catch a builder walking in there. He makes his mini's move before the builder is in his line of sight. After that he moves all his mini's straight down to Bay base to siege Gnoll's base before he even got the info that the base was there. even the mini's across the map who he sent there. Normally just your main or one mini is enough to kill the lumber base, but he knows that there is a base there before he pearled (which he bought 8 mins into the game and only used once)
Final point to discuss. At around 14:20 mins he proceeds to surround Draenei with his minions (he has no vision of him but still nukes at the location he's standing) whilst camping Draenei's RC with his main.

All these things lead me to believe that Gothmog is cheating.
I hope to hear from one of the moderators soon about this issue.

Kind regards,

The_Novelist

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: [ID] Gothmog@europe.battle.net

Postby Panopticon » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 am

I only really found just two times that were suspicious: at the ~11:30 mark where he tried to ambush demo, and the ~14:20 mark against draenei. Every other point of time, he had knowledge or prior vision via builder death.

The first two lumber bases he attacked are two of the most common lumber bases, as well as the other minor lumber bases that were scattered about.

The draenei RC was placed at an unpopular/uncommon corner of the map, nobody really builds a lumber base there, so checking it is generally high risk-low reward.

When he was hunting dryad, he had vision of the builder for the vast majority of the time while he was hunting it.

The so-called "texas base" mark is somewhat suspicious, as he didn't have vision of demo, but he had seen pirate walking up that direction a few seconds earlier. Coincidental and circumstantial that it was demo, he could've been waiting for pirate to run up into that lumber base, or simply running the minis behind the trees so Pirate wouldn't be given the possibility to see the minis hiding there and moved them back after a few seconds.

Gnoll base: Not suspicious; that is a VERY popular basing spot, especially when there's 6 fruits inside the base. Not many people build a lumber base there without basing there in the future.

Draenei hunt in top left corner: the only HIGHLY suspicious point. Seen draenei in top left corner, didn't have vision of builder when he nuked twice almost directly on him in that tree hiding spot/seed/exit node. As for the RC camp, Titan had vision of two, and thus had a 50% chance of drae teleporting to the one main was camping, or else he would've teleported to the one next to the minis.

Keep in mind that glac doesn't necessarily need neither pearl or vision to nuke or scout. There are a few players out there that can win without the use of either.

There's really not enough evidence to actually ban him on it, with only one replay. If somebody can supply more replays with suspicious activity, then a possible ban can be made.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=128352&p=498896#p498896

With this one replay being played before the map update, there's just too many coincidences happening regarding him, especially so when new map has confirmed working anti-mh features now. Could still be heavy coincidences, however I doubt it that it's not maphack related, and when it's coupled with a highly suspicious timestamp.

Edit's TL;DR version - Played before map update, no disconnections. Played after map update, constant disconnects. Coupled with highly suspicious timestamps, chances of gothmog maphacking raised from 42% to 97%.

Spoiler!
Banhammer incoming, brace for impact Gothmog.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 pm

I have reviewed a game with Gothmog and I will go through what I have found. All of the time stamps I give will be going off of Warcraft III replay timer.

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10791401

Spoiler!
1:54 - Goes straight to radioactive's factories without vision. Slightly suspicious.
2:54 - Nukes troll workers above bay base with no vision of where the workers are or if there is a lumber base there. Note: this is a popular lumber base, however he nukes to the right side of it rather than the common spot of nuking the center for more workers. Troll's workers were near the right side. Slightly suspicious.
3:08 - Runs to another lumber base without vision. Mind this is a new lumber base so it makes sense that people might go there often now since its new. Slightly suspicious.
5:12 - First time pearl has been used. It was used to see pirate after he went invisible.
6:00 - Runs to the right of middle in ww when tauren and murloc were running to walls top of mid. Not too suspicious.
8:07 to 8:27 - Runs to makrura after he desyncs and kills him rather than going to nearby lumber bases that he knows are there now that he has killed someone. Suspicious.
9:31 - Second pearl of the game. Pearls on pirate as he is running down bot right to make a lumber base. Sees that pirate is making a lumber base.
9:50 - Moves mini top right away from the back lumber area and into a spot where it will have vision of things around the base. He does this when gnoll is almost at the top right base. Kills the gnoll 10 seconds later when his mini auto attacks him. Slightly suspicious. Gives more vision of pirate's lumber base.
11:20 - Important to note the pirate's builder flashed for less than a second when he was denying his lumber base. With that said, titan was giving the mini commands on the other side of the map and was not looking at the lumber base bottom right.
11:43 - Minis were running to kill the walls and titan moves them to go to the bottom right base (moves them seconds after pirate builds a wall down there), beach base, without vision. This is extremely suspicious as this is not a smart move for the pirate to do, therefore, most people playing titan would not check that. Furthermore, titan moved his minis there without vision of the pirate.
11:49 - Pearls for the third time of the game, no doubt for vision of pirate when he uses wind walk. Kills pirate seconds later.

Final verdict, he is maphacking. gothmog@europe.battle.net banned for 1 year for use of third party tools.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri May 18, 2018 8:34 pm

My findings on this case:

Spoiler!
2:38 - After killing off Grey's facs/walls, takes a brief pause and
heads directly down to bot-mid where blue's LB is, and nukes in fog.
3:04 - Heads directly to light blue's LB without any indication that
it's there.
8:06 - Doesn't kill the last wall on Dryad's LB indicating he knew
it was killed by the hunter which can't be seen without pearl.
8:30 - Kills Makrura, which doesn't seem suspicious on it's own but
after seeing other movements from this game + the fact he
ignores the purple/orange LB and heads in this direction
immediately after the desyncs, seems so. +Took less than a second for him to notice green while going to light blue.
11:46 - Moves minis away from the walls and towards the beach
base where orange was without vision. Pearl from main came after
the fact, conveniently when orange was going to windwalk out.
13:00+ - Conveniently pearls on top of both pink and his hunter, following that moves one of his minions to the top right base.
While this doesn't seem suspicious alone, instead of pursuing pink who was last seen going top left with the minions at his LB, he waited it out with said minion at the base as if he knew he was going that direction.

I support the Maphack 100%.

Edit: Replay attached.
Attachments
gothmog.w3g
(97.14 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

The_novelist
Basic Tree

Postby The_novelist » Sat May 19, 2018 11:17 am

thanks for solving my issue! And for all the extra research too, he was being such a dick when i saw him again yesterday afternoon I was really hoping for someone else to call him out on his bullshit as well.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:12 pm

User dodged TID: 132028

Processing.

Return to “Processed Requests”