[DOTA] Calmness @ US East

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Prime
Armored Tree

[DOTA] Calmness @ US East

Postby Prime » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 am

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9249856
Game Name: [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #10
Your Warcraft III Username: Prime
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Calmness
Violated Rule(s): Troll, hero harass, game ruin
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Tough because it was throughout entire game (once at about 36 minutes?)
Any further thoughts: This is a tough ban probably because it takes some judgement but this guy follows different teammates from camp to camp at neutral creeps trying to ks their creeps throughout the game... not once or twice but probably at least 10 times to 2 or 3 different players on our team throughout the game. He then intentionally used his team for cannon fodder as you can see in almost all the team battles... remaining at 100% hp and mana until we all died. This is a situation where everyone knows what he was doing, including himself, but he thinks he can be cute by saying he doesn't have to play exactly how his "demanding" team wants him to. Obviously the situation wasn't a demanding team but that he was just a complete troll and pain in the butt the entire game. ENT would be a lot better off without him.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: [DOTA] Calmness @ US East

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:10 pm

@prime Provide timestamps of the things you mentioned please.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

The_Thumper
Resource Storage

Postby The_Thumper » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:22 am

Honestly, I've played games with this guy and totally understand what OP is saying. If you check his kd and elo it says it all. He plays for a high kd and doesn't care if team wins or loses. Especially when there are multiple ban requests from people who've played with him, ENT mods should really investigate into this matter. You guys have been doing a really good job on the upkeep of the community and I would hate to see you guys lose members cause of this guy - A complete Troll with a selfish agenda.

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 am

33:00 min is one I seem to remember. Basically you can take your pick at any timestamp and within 30 seconds to a minute see a team battle or something he does that is shady. Also chat log pretty much lines up with when he was harassing his teammates and using fireblast on the neutral creeps his teammates were trying to farm. I have no affiliation with The_Thumper but others were bitching about him before me and The_Thumper isn't the only person who is tired of this guy for sure.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

I've played with calmness in a few pubs and ih games. I don't know him well, but in my experience, he was a capable and helpful.

Sure, based on his k/d, I'm sure there are plenty of examples where he doesn't help teammates because it would cause his own death. That said, this isn't against the written rules, so I think it'd be over-reaching for this play-style to result in a ban.

Moreover, from chatting with him, he seems like a good-natured human being. I bet if you asked him nicely to change his behavior, he'd oblige.

If I had to guess, he enjoys playing the way he does, because he can 'win' every game regardless of whether his teammates suck. I think that's a clever perspective towards enjoying the game, though I wouldn't necessarily want to play with him because of it ;).

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Also, I thought you said you quit dota thumper xD.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:22 pm

0630 runs straight to drow, who was on fog for a while.

0720 again runs straight to drow, who was on fog. Changed direction 3 times, following him perfectly.

0900 clock was mid for about a minute, then left. Ogre had no vision of him leaving. However, he charges towards drow, who was in fog, obviously aware of clock missing.

0915 looks like he wants to get the top rune, but changes his mind. The rune was gone, and he never had vision of it.

1215 avoids clocks gang.

2150 doesn't help Ember. Either because he knew it was an illusion, or because he was aware of the 3 nearby enemies. Or both.

2310 casts slow and backs off quickly, avoiding slardar who pops out of the fog.

2522 instantly casts stun on pit when he runs into him. Pit's location at that particular moment was not usual, meaning ogre should not be expecting enemies, let alone be ready for a fight.
Pit backs off, and ogre looks like he wants to follow him, seeing his team is around. However, he changes his mind after a couple of seconds, probably realising the enemy team is about to gang him. Never had vision of anyone besides pit.

3030 he is pushing bot tower with furion. A few seconds before they destroy it, he backs off. Meanwhile, clock is approaching in fog, with his team following up.

3713 blinks away from pit, who was approaching in fog. Left creeps alive.

Calmness is banned 1 year for map hack usage.
Attachments
9249856.w3g
(499.39 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Return to “Processed Requests”