Dagon Spec

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
EdgeOfChaos

Re: Dagon Spec

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Zeratul wrote:
nitromon wrote:My point is team work wins the game and happy teams typically plays better

Again offtopic, but i cant avoid it XD https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/10132461/

During the game i dind't realize how bad this spec was flaming them (since he kept it in team chat) XD not to mention hes 1800 elo lol, but after the game ended and i decided to take a look at the team chat, i gotta admit i laughed for a while just reading some of his sentences XD (And no, this isn't meant to brag about anything, simply for the lols on how teamwork worked on that side XD)

Spoiler!
(07:46 / Allied) worthless_trash: u fuck
(07:49 / Allied) worthless_trash: ing
(07:50 / Allied) worthless_trash: idiot
(07:53 / Allied) worthless_trash: i called and u stayed still
(08:03 / Allied) worthless_trash: no brain?
(08:11 / Allied) worthless_trash: taco bell employee?
(12:01 / Allied) worthless_trash: my ult cd
(12:07 / Allied) worthless_trash: and u chasing lie a clown
(12:08 / Allied) worthless_trash: fucking b
(12:24 / Allied) worthless_trash: wtf u doing all alone
(12:26 / Allied) worthless_trash: u stupid fuck
(13:36 / Allied) worthless_trash: and u fucking bitches are afk
(14:58 / Allied) worthless_trash: and wtf are u faggots doing
(15:19 / Allied) worthless_trash: get health
(15:21 / Allied) worthless_trash: for the love of god <-- My favorite XD
(16:14 / Allied) worthless_trash: ok dont fight..

moments later XD

(16:19 / Allied) worthless_trash: can u fucking snipe at least?
(16:24 / Allied) worthless_trash: holy fuck u bitch
(16:38 / Allied) worthless_trash: teal u afk?
(18:25 / Allied) worthless_trash: u stupid bitch
(18:26 / Allied) worthless_trash: wtf?
(18:40 / Allied) worthless_trash: u have no iq
(18:40 / Allied) worthless_trash: at all
(20:10 / Allied) worthless_trash: dumb fucking idiots
(21:04 / Allied) worthless_trash: fucking rambo into mines
(21:34 / Allied) worthless_trash: why are u just ramboing
(21:36 / Allied) worthless_trash: into remotes and shit
(21:39 / Allied) worthless_trash: wtf is ur problem
(25:04 / Allied) worthless_trash: DUDE
(25:04 / Allied) worthless_trash: WTF
(25:08 / Allied) worthless_trash: U WATCHING
(25:11 / Allied) worthless_trash: holy shit!
(25:36 / Allied) worthless_trash: kick this fucking retard
(25:53 / Allied) worthless_trash: leave the game
(25:55 / Allied) worthless_trash: u dumb bitch

And my 2nd favorite:

(26:11 / Allied) bobo77: plz ff
(26:15 / Allied) bobo77: its over
(26:17 / Allied) worthless_trash: no
(26:19 / Allied) worthless_trash: im fucking playing
(26:21 / Allied) worthless_trash: and so are u
(26:35 / Allied) worthless_trash: i refuse to lose w/spec

(31:01 / Allied) worthless_trash: why dont u ucking heal me
(31:02 / Allied) worthless_trash: dude
(32:00 / Allied) worthless_trash: SNIPER
(32:02 / Allied) worthless_trash: DONT FUCKING AFK
(32:13 / Allied) worthless_trash: the fuck dude
(32:14 / Allied) worthless_trash: comon

> mfw a spectre buys vlads
> he's going to lifesteal with his 120 attack damage LUL
His name was clearly chosen with purpose. How are people so bad at this with high ELO? Are they trying out a new char, or e-bayed their account, or what?
However, he did also have a 0/14 LC. With a god damn Vanguard. Why do so many LC buy vanguard like they think it's going to help them. Again, LC is not a tank.
ah whatever. I had fun.

Yeah that's perfectly fine and cool if you had fun doing it. After all, having fun is the real purpose of playing.

HOWEVER don't act like it's a good item or that you carried your team with it because you didn't. Just by looking at the first game, this ES with more assists than spectre (who has huge passive ranged damage + a team-wide ult, i.e. you get an assist by any kill) was probably the person who contributed the most. And dumping 6k into detection (necro3) is silly when you can gem for 900, and like you only had 2 deaths anyways, losing it is unlikely. Then you could have spent that 5k on making abyssal + travel, for example.

What I'm trying to say is: yes item builds are adaptive and should be used depending on what the team is like. BUT that doesn't mean any old shit you buy is going to be good on any hero. There are a set of items that are good on spectre, that are also situational. For example, Radi, Basher, Skaddi, BKB, MKB, SY, AC, Heart, Butterfly. Any of these can be good but they should be chosen depending on what you/the team needs. Items outside of this set are things like Etherblade, Dagon, Bloodstone, Atos, etc. Yes you can win with them vs garbage enemies or when you're carried, but it doesn't mean you should. Unless you're trying to show your enemies that they're bad by styling on them or something, then go ahead :D.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:or e-bayed their account, or

Stop perpetuating this bullshit. If that ever even happened, it hasn't since many years now. That and "planting" players in the opposite team. Never happened, some people are just shit.

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Yeah that's perfectly fine and cool if you had fun doing it. After all, having fun is the real purpose of playing.

Maybe, but everyone would have more fun if less people bought lothars and dagon on every hero. Nobody likes playing against those people and even less with them. Sure, go wild, try new stuff, but anything involving lothars and dagon is old fucking news now. Those items exist for a reason, but that reason isn't to get them on every hero because you know no better way to stay alive and get kills and don't intend to learn.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:44 pm

You say that, but there have been cases. I have personally discovered and banned several players for planting as a mod. It just always makes me wonder when there's a very high ELO who is terrible. As well as lots of people who rig games in ways not against the rules: for example, a certain person on the top players list used to team up with skilled players, who would throw games down to 600 ELO. Was always interesting to see the 600-700 ELOs on his team go 20/0 while he did mediocre.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:You say that, but there have been cases. I have personally discovered and banned several players for planting as a mod. It just always makes me wonder when there's a very high ELO who is terrible. As well as lots of people who rig games in ways not against the rules: for example, a certain person on the top players list used to team up with skilled players, who would throw games down to 600 ELO. Was always interesting to see the 600-700 ELOs on his team go 20/0 while he did mediocre.

In dota? I know it's been done in ltd, but lots of Germans play that game and Germans love committing war crimes so shit like that must be second nature to them. Other than that, I'm aware many high elo players have their friends hop on 1000 elo smurfs to help them gain easy elo, but making low elo accounts for that purpose sounds really inefficient. Not only you'd have to spend games sucking on purpose, which takes times and has to be extremely boring (not to mention risking bans), but then you'd slowly regain that lost elo by playing the subsequent elo raising games and "ruin" the feeder account. At least, I can say I've never seen a suspiciously skilled low elo player. Some of them occasionally do okay-ish, but I've never had my ass kicked by one. Anyway you're the former mod, so if you say it has happened, then I believe you. People are just weird.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 pm

On top of my head i remember at least 3:

[*]The most known one with flowersnow which had his stats erased (along with the other one boosting him - which was purposely losing to lower his elo)

[*]the gamerlevelasian one (which was mael & mushi, if i recall correctly) - Pretty much they were supposed to play against one another, but after a while, he just decided to prolong the game (refusing to forfeit), and allowed his friends at the enemy team to fountain farm hard

[*]And there was another one with mael (and another kiddo), which were with naix and cant remember the other hero - Basically you could see them avoiding fighting each other (pretty much throwing for the other - like standing next to one another and refusing to attack, refusing to gank the other, etc.)

So yeah, its not common (or at least, not many are found - cuz some high elos u can see from their kda, and heroes/items/playstyle, that there's something fishy there lols), but there has been cases of such (which lead to bans + stats wipe)

This is the one from the gamelevelasian - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40859

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Zeratul wrote:This is the one from the gamelevelasian - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40859

Obviously I can't watch the replay and I also won't read the whole thing because that would take effort, but I'm getting the impression that what went on that game happened spontaneously. They're from different servers (asia and east), which makes it doubtful that they were playing together, Most likely, I'd say the Furion decided to be a dick to his team by teleporting away and letting them get fountain farmed. I've seen many people openly claim to not forfeit entirely because of whatever frictions were going on within the team during that game. I'd say he had a grudge with someone and since he happened to have the right hero for it he just ran with it. Also, why is Furion getting the full blame for preventing forfeit? Did forfeiting require a 5/5 vote back then?

Zeratul wrote:[*]And there was another one with mael (and another kiddo), which were with naix and cant remember the other hero - Basically you could see them avoiding fighting each other (pretty much throwing for the other - like standing next to one another and refusing to attack, refusing to gank the other, etc.)

People who play for kdr will typically hound the easier kills over the more "critical" ones, since they're going for kill amount rather than winning the game, maybe that's what happened? Again, I can't see the details of the game, but if you were going for kills, you would go after some underleveled shitty caster over and over rather than help your team take down a fed naix and most likely only get an assist for it. I just can't see the objective of 2 players who play on opposite teams and refuse to fight each other that they couldn't accomplish by playing together.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Well furion was mael, and the other one on the enemy team was his friend, and it was 4/5 by that time (one of them left meaning that furion was the last one to !ff, which he never did), and altho i can agree to some extent that they were playing vs the other at the beginning, u can see after a while that they dind't want to kill furion so that he could defend, to prolong the game to farm kills (the one i report was 150/0 kd in that game xD).

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 am

Zeratul wrote:Well furion was mael, and the other one on the enemy team was his friend, and it was 4/5 by that time (one of them left meaning that furion was the last one to !ff, which he never did), and altho i can agree to some extent that they were playing vs the other at the beginning, u can see after a while that they dind't want to kill furion so that he could defend, to prolong the game to farm kills (the one i report was 150/0 kd in that game xD).

As it turns out, reading a little of that thread might have been a good idea:
First of all, I try to kill the fountain almost every game. Second, furion was my friend (Mael) but he absolutely tried to win this game up to the point of the fountain dying. No one was planted from the beginning to do anything.

I think I'm gonna go with that version. It must have been done on purpose, but not pre-arranged.

At the moment, the vote becomes 3 out of 4 if there's a leaver. So I suppose it was different then?

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 am

Mhm i think it was back then (i dont remember all the details exactly), but i recall that they weren't unable to forfeit due to furion (i think they had 2 leavers at some point, meaning that it was down to 3/3 to forfeit)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:24 am

Zeratul wrote:Mhm i think it was back then (i dont remember all the details exactly), but i recall that they weren't unable to forfeit due to furion (i think they had 2 leavers at some point, meaning that it was down to 3/3 to forfeit)

That is correct, ding ding ding!

Just read the end:
Seems like these two originally had the intention of playing against each other competitively, but after dispute with teammates, furion decided to ruin the game and refuse to !ff resulting in letting the other team fountain farm to the extreme. Intentional or not, it was a form of boosting.

Looks like I was right about the in-team drama that was going on in that game.

I really can't understand why those last 2 guys didn't just leave. It could have been the easiest ban appeal in history. "I left a game because I got fountain farmed 150 times while some dickhead furion was hiding in the corner of the map and refusing to forfeit the entire time."

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:28 am

Sylvanas wrote:I really can't understand why those last 2 guys didn't just leave. It could have been the easiest ban appeal in history. "I left a game because I got fountain farmed 150 times while some dickhead furion was hiding in the corner of the map and refusing to forfeit the entire time."

Ent doesn't ban leavers in DotA when there are 3 or less players on a team
MAGA

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:51 am

Zeratul wrote:On top of my head i remember at least 3:

[*]The most known one with flowersnow which had his stats erased (along with the other one boosting him - which was purposely losing to lower his elo)

[*]the gamerlevelasian one (which was mael & mushi, if i recall correctly) - Pretty much they were supposed to play against one another, but after a while, he just decided to prolong the game (refusing to forfeit), and allowed his friends at the enemy team to fountain farm hard

[*]And there was another one with mael (and another kiddo), which were with naix and cant remember the other hero - Basically you could see them avoiding fighting each other (pretty much throwing for the other - like standing next to one another and refusing to attack, refusing to gank the other, etc.)

So yeah, its not common (or at least, not many are found - cuz some high elos u can see from their kda, and heroes/items/playstyle, that there's something fishy there lols), but there has been cases of such (which lead to bans + stats wipe)

This is the one from the gamelevelasian - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40859

I won't dredge up the past by naming names.. but there were 2 players a long time ago who did this. They got banned, then unbanned. Then they did it again, and got banned again.

Pretty sure there was another one after that and before those 3 as well.

gotta get that freelo or something.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:58 am

CheW wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:I really can't understand why those last 2 guys didn't just leave. It could have been the easiest ban appeal in history. "I left a game because I got fountain farmed 150 times while some dickhead furion was hiding in the corner of the map and refusing to forfeit the entire time."

Ent doesn't ban leavers in DotA when there are 3 or less players on a team

True, but that's just one more reason why it's hard to see why they didn't just leave.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:31 am

I love Hash lol....
Carried all the way to 2k, almost every single game

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=hash

check out the cs vs the game count

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=divinerape

Burnt
Treant Protector