Here's How to Counter Mid-Lane hard carry Techies

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
xSAINTx1
Treant

Re: Here's How to Counter Mid-Lane hard carry Techies

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:51 pm

windrunner in dota 2 is a entirely different hero with the addition of talent tree and skill rework. She can move while using focus fire, and becomes invisible when using windrun. It's a very strong hero in dota 2. slark, huskar and viper pickers are ebola for the fact that they are cheesy as hell and often dominate lanes or are annoying to deal with.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:24 am

xSAINTx1 wrote:windrunner in dota 2 is a entirely different hero with the addition of talent tree and skill rework. She can move while using focus fire, and becomes invisible when using windrun. It's a very strong hero in dota 2. slark, huskar and viper pickers are ebola for the fact that they are cheesy as hell and often dominate lanes or are annoying to deal with.

I know about the talents. I didn't know she was considered to be a cheap cheesy hero in the same league as slark. "Sticky" focus fire has been in dota 1 for a while, by the way. AUTOMATIC ATTACKING WHILE ACTUALLY MOVING, WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

So you can just hit focus fire and follow target around while having 100% evasion and max move speed and they just melt in front of you. That sounds fair.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 am

It's a bit different:

Last time i recall using WR on DotA1, she can move while using focus fire, but she doens't attack while moving (she stops while attacking, even if you can move)

On DotA 2, she actually moves and attacks at the same time (like you can follow a hero and keep attacking with focus fire, with no interruption while moving) - that's why WR became so cheap ^^

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 am

Yeah I have no idea what they were thinking. Most changes sound interesting to me, but that just seems completely absurd. With scepter, she's doing 100% damage and the skill refreshes before the duration ends. So she's basically getting permanent max attack speed while always in attacking range and while being among the more evasive heroes to begin with. Sounds really fine.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 am

Thats why dota2 feels different in many points - and why i feel there's a bigger learning curve (even for us that come from DotA1 - most of the metas we know in DotA1 got completely changed on dota2 - they might work, but its not the same anymore)

Some changes were funny as hell tho:

Earthshaker for example - His aghanims now upgrades his totem skill: He gets a leap with totem (that can be reduced to 2 seconds cd at lvl25), so basically free dagger every 2 seconds, with aftershock stun when he lands ^^
Techies - At lvl25 he can either get +250 dmg, or his mines can move: Mines move slow af, that's true - but still, you can pull some rly weird combos with those (and i've done it XD nothing worst than pushing a lane and all of sudden, you defend, push your enemies back and they find mines everywhere behind them lols)
Winter Wyvern - Aghanims upgrades his artic burn: It becomes a spell that costs mana/sec, but you can toggle it on/off (and lasts while u got mana), so winter wyvern became quite strong due to that, since his artic burn is quite strong

And there's a lot more, that rebalanced some heroes (including the new heroes, such as Grimstroke - one of my favorites support OP dmg dealers; Dark willow - another strong support; Monkey King - OP carry, that even without a lot of farm, does a lot of dmg, amongst others)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:18 am

I know a lot of those big changes and additions, just not that one. I'm shocked. Between focus fire while moving windrunner players and pedophiles, I'm not sure who's the loser in that comparison.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:38 am

Dota 2 is basically seeing how much ridiculous nonsense we can add to dota before people stop playing it. Don't get me wrong, it can be amusing for some fuck around games, but I take it even less seriously than ENT dota. It's a lot like LOD; everything is broken, so therefore nothing is broken.

Wr moving while attacking is ok, but poor man's shield was too powerful -> removed.

Whoever imagined moving mines was likely on drugs.

Other fun changes:
- Geomancer's Geostrike now provides life steal
- Huskar passively gets inner vitality, and has a Disarm skill
- Ember's magic shield now blocks 750
- Slark now gains agi permanently on killing hero

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:32 am

I probably should have given it a decent try before it became too ridiculous. I'm sure there was a time period with just the right mix of balance and fairness, but now it looks like they've jumped the shark. It's like mr. Burns having every known disease known to man but not dying because they all cancel each other out.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 am

Viper, tech, doctor, chen and keeper of the light. Then Kotl my favo I guess. Well about swedish players that pick tech, I don´t know if anyone else does :)

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm going to need some dotabuff links of the people trashing dota2. I'm willing to bet 99 percent are just theorycrafting easymode warriors who just read the changelogs. Dota 2 is far superior in depth and balance compared to 6.83d. Don't get me wrong 6.83d WC3 dota is fun for the nostalgia aspect but other than that its extremely unbalanced. I'm going to go ahead and list a few things that come to mind that Dota 1 just lacks in terms of balance or is mechanically bugged in some way.

- No break mechanic besides doom/sd aghs where in dota 2 there's silver edge to deal with the bristlebacks/husks/specs/timbers/pas...etc (strong passives basically)
- Mkb + Skadi or Mkb+ spell orb effects don't stack (no Trueshot)
- Can't drop items on cooldown (can't drop Arcanes if on cooldown before using soul ring for example)
- Can't blink on unexplored fog, think of map edges and tree areas (hurts tinkers/furions/ams mainly)
- Linkens is super bugged that can block more than 1 spell if theyre cast in very quick succession and also spell-block lingers if sold
- enemy Euls doesn't disable blink dagger (like what?)
- missing uphill against wards (pretty sure by the time cm dewards that pesky obs she will be killed from a hero walking from base)
- courier item management is awful
- creeps collision size makes last hitting very awkward so you have to sometimes path somewhere you didn't intend when last hitting putting you out of position (which truly doesn't matter i guess since in ent people don't care much about cs or even think about the laning stage. The status quo is let me get my LOtHaRs so I can play my game)
- creep aggro and tower aggro is very clunky sometimes "A" denying your creepwave to remove aggro doesn't even work(not like these are utilized in ENT anyways)
- The map layout itself is unbalanced as well sentinel mids have easier jungle access which makes flash farming mids that much better on sent. Roshan is better on scourge since its closer to 2 towers t1/t2 bot lane so defending it is way easier than for sentinel. (which again i guess doesn't matter since most ENT players if not all don't even think about these things)
- I could go on and on about hero balances but that's a sensitive subject here it seems so I wont and leave it at some heroes have bugged spells which don't work as intended and inherently make the hero/spell Op amongst other things plus the fact that dota has never been balanced around Easymode anyways so that's fruitless to even argue considering there is only em games hosted in ENT.

Despite all these flaws and more which I'm sure I've forgotten, WC3 Dota is a nice nostalgia experience which I still play here and there since I really like stuff like the badass shadowfiend and jugg models/hero quotes/attack animations.But it is a casual Dota experience and nothing more, be it because the player skillcap is limited by the engine side of things and lack of balance, or that the playerbase and meta is very 1 dimensional and predictable. (predictability is bad btw in a strategic game like Dota hence the constant updates and balance patches)

YamiBakura32
Armored Tree

Postby YamiBakura32 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 pm

There is another way to beat Techie picker. One game where i played vs Techie mid https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11617710. That faggot was beyond Godlike at mid while i was cleaning mess at top lane against Huskar, when i bashed Huskar face off the wall, he didn't used his ulti not even once me and made 1-14. Nort 1-15 biggest feeder on Ent still not banned, ruining people games. The secret is to pick Axe and make Dagon and make people suffer until they ff. As the proof i nailed that strategy with my 31 Kills, along as i was debating with Huskar, complaining with Nort and teaching Techie a lesson in game chat.

P.S This Ultimative Strategy Dagon Axe even works if enemy picker Techie picks another Hero. For Example when Techie picker picks Bara https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11616574

Alternative Bonus, If an enemy techie gets Stacked and gets his techie picked and you have trash team, just pick Xin https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11407619 Lmao i still remember this game it is called "Rise of Na*is" when i beated crap out of LC and Bara with a belt, while Omni and Huskar were smoking cocaine. Techie mid was only good selling drugs to Husk and Omni and placing p**n on ground and around just so OD can get hooked to it. Meanwhile woman Sniper biggest nightmare to this game never placed a finger to our bunker, because i was always showing her my right finger next to her nose, every time she looked in our base. Took 15 elo made 32 kills and left the game.
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT
I keep it real cause i'm not afraid to make enemies. YamiBakura32 - Best player on ENT

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 am

How you managed to get 30+ kills and die only 3 times as an ember with zero survivability items is beyond me (roughly 1500 hp in ultra late game). All sb had to do was charge you, and legion to blink, and you just lost 18000 gold worth of divine. Axe is pretty trash in late game too, especially when you troll around with dagon 5 eblade. Ah, I just looked at your profile history, and notice you make dagon on every hero. No further comment necessary.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 am

Woah... that's weird. I do that build, except I don't bother with dagon anymore unless just for fun. Also I don't bother with bottle. I also have an account a while back called inub, though I'm sure you're not talking about me. I never solo. I prefer fair fight.

Cuirass is key b/c reducing armor amplifies land mines and suicide. Radiance would be a good 2nd item with shiva. Basically you're going for maximum AOE damage to turn the tide of a fight to your teammates.

Basically you wait until your teammates are locked in a teamfight. You need tanks on your team to do their job. You blink in and instantly drop a landmine b/c it is quick. You should be able to drop a stasis too if they're too busy fighting. Then combined with radiance, shiva, cuirass, medalion (but only 1 hero), you can do maximum aoe damage and leaving them stunned for your teammates to clean up.

Medalion is good early to target single heroes, but you can trade it somewhere in the middle for a bloodstone. This gives AOE heal to your teammates when you suicide and gives you mana to lay mines in between fights.

Old replay: I build upon this and changed a few tactics since then.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=114317&p=447637&hilit=blink+blink+techies#p447637

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:33 am

nitromon wrote:Woah... that's weird. I do that build, except I don't bother with dagon anymore unless just for fun. Also I don't bother with bottle. I also have an account a while back called inub, though I'm sure you're not talking about me. I never solo. I prefer fair fight.

Cuirass is key b/c reducing armor amplifies land mines and suicide. Radiance would be a good 2nd item with shiva. Basically you're going for maximum AOE damage to turn the tide of a fight to your teammates.

Basically you wait until your teammates are locked in a teamfight. You need tanks on your team to do their job. You blink in and instantly drop a landmine b/c it is quick. You should be able to drop a stasis too if they're too busy fighting. Then combined with radiance, shiva, cuirass, medalion (but only 1 hero), you can do maximum aoe damage and leaving them stunned for your teammates to clean up.

Medalion is good early to target single heroes, but you can trade it somewhere in the middle for a bloodstone. This gives AOE heal to your teammates when you suicide and gives you mana to lay mines in between fights.

Old replay: I build upon this and changed a few tactics since then.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=114317&p=447637&hilit=blink+blink+techies#p447637

Of course, radiance for the hero that blinks in and immediately blows himself up. Or does it glitch and provide aura after suicide death like it does for supernova and panda split?

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm

nitromon wrote:Cuirass is key b/c reducing armor amplifies land mines and suicide. Radiance would be a good 2nd item with shiva. Basically you're going for maximum AOE damage to turn the tide of a fight to your teammates.

Basically you wait until your teammates are locked in a teamfight. You need tanks on your team to do their job. You blink in and instantly drop a landmine b/c it is quick. You should be able to drop a stasis too if they're too busy fighting.

Cuirass is key b/c it’s the most cost effiecient since for 5K gold and you can reduce 5 armor.

Blinking to the fight and laying static is very good strategy b/c no one can react to such fast cast (1 second only) and trap activation (another sec only)

Return to “Replays”