Here's How to Counter Mid-Lane hard carry Techies

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
Yamina1
Armored Tree

Re: Here's How to Counter Mid-Lane hard carry Techies

Postby Yamina1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

I saw some techies who can 1v5 people. smurf acc ofc

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 am

Sylvanas wrote:Of course, radiance for the hero that blinks in and immediately blows himself up. Or does it glitch and provide aura after suicide death like it does for supernova and panda split?

Is that a glitch? I thought that's just how radiance works, it has a little after effect after the hero dies, usually for a couple of seconds. But you don't necessarily need to die right away. With your tanks and teammates distracting them in a fight and you have cuirass and shiva armor, you're pretty tanky. Once you get in, dropping the mine is instant, but dropping the stasis ward has a casting time, so you will be in the fight for a few seconds.

But you're right, I rarely get it. Guinsoo is much better choice b/c it allows you to support team even when suicide is CD. I've also thought about using mjolnir. So the sequence if done correctly is blink in, activate shiva, drop a landmine, drop a stasis, radiance/mjolnir active... and suicide - doing massive aoe damage and heal allies if you have bloodstone, leaving the enemy severely weakened/stunned for your teammates to clean up. Also, before you died, hopefully you've emptied your mana cache in forms of stasis, mines, and remotes all over the place.

Also, you don't necessarily even need to suicide at times. With blink, you become like any other blink hero, where you can take out supports in the back. In a recent game, they had a lina and sniper doing massive support in the back next to the tower. While our tanks are engaged in the front, I blink past them and land on top of the sniper and lina, instantly dropping a mine and set up a stasis. Before I can suicide, they both ran, leaving their frontline unsupported. I just casually walk back.

I've been playing a little more techies recently, but I'm moving away from suicide tech despite how much fun it is. Trying to get back to the basics on mining and controlling the map. But I still get a blink dagger just for movement, especially people are warding so much now when a techies in the game, so you want to get to sweet spots by blinking over cliffs instead of walking across possible warding areas. Medallion is still an early key item b/c it supports (give armor to ally or take armor from enemy) plus mana reg and there's always a couple of moment where you need that blink suicide to save a teammate early. I prefer it over a soulring.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am

What a waste of Mjolnir. If you build it on techies (this is acceptable), you throw it onto the nearest big tank hero who's going to be taking damage, not yourself.

Dagger MOC is just not good. You could almost buy aghs with that gold, and it hardly gives you anything as techies going into mid-late game.. Other things equal, decent players won't get beaten by this, maybe it's fine for clowning some noobs who don't know any better.

Spoiler!
- No break mechanic besides doom/sd aghs where in dota 2 there's silver edge to deal with the bristlebacks/husks/specs/timbers/pas...etc (strong passives basically)
- Mkb + Skadi or Mkb+ spell orb effects don't stack (no Trueshot)
- Can't drop items on cooldown (can't drop Arcanes if on cooldown before using soul ring for example)
- Can't blink on unexplored fog, think of map edges and tree areas (hurts tinkers/furions/ams mainly)
- Linkens is super bugged that can block more than 1 spell if theyre cast in very quick succession and also spell-block lingers if sold
- enemy Euls doesn't disable blink dagger (like what?)
- missing uphill against wards (pretty sure by the time cm dewards that pesky obs she will be killed from a hero walking from base)
- courier item management is awful
- creeps collision size makes last hitting very awkward so you have to sometimes path somewhere you didn't intend when last hitting putting you out of position (which truly doesn't matter i guess since in ent people don't care much about cs or even think about the laning stage. The status quo is let me get my LOtHaRs so I can play my game)
- creep aggro and tower aggro is very clunky sometimes "A" denying your creepwave to remove aggro doesn't even work(not like these are utilized in ENT anyways)
- The map layout itself is unbalanced as well sentinel mids have easier jungle access which makes flash farming mids that much better on sent. Roshan is better on scourge since its closer to 2 towers t1/t2 bot lane so defending it is way easier than for sentinel. (which again i guess doesn't matter since most ENT players if not all don't even think about these things)
- I could go on and on about hero balances but that's a sensitive subject here it seems so I wont and leave it at some heroes have bugged spells which don't work as intended and inherently make the hero/spell Op amongst other things plus the fact that dota has never been balanced around Easymode anyways so that's fruitless to even argue considering there is only em games hosted in ENT.

Only thing that's a serious issue here is point 1 and linkens bug, which is very rarely abused and banned if it is. The rest are minor annoyances, not comparable with silly balance changes. I do play dota 2 from time to time, but not seriously. The game is quite fun but goofy.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Dagger MOC is just not good. You could almost buy aghs with that gold, and it hardly gives you anything as techies going into mid-late game.. Other things equal, decent players won't get beaten by this, maybe it's fine for clowning some noobs who don't know any better.

I don't know why people insist aghs on techies, I never ever get that item. The theory in most of my plays is to make a hero dynamic. If the enemy counters one aspect, you can adapt and shift your focus and strategy. Techies is limited to a caster but the good thing is landmines and remote are separate in terms of magical and physical damage. All aghs does is give more damage to the remotes, but it doesn't really improve or change the mining strategy. A techies is always prepared around mid to late game the enemy will counter with gem or book and maybe even early with sentry. And of course, the players that goes BKB... walks right over those remotes. Mine laying alone limits the tech and once countered, he becomes really useless.

The reason dagger is so important is because it changes the strategy and element of the tech. One thing many people complain about the tech is that a tech doesn't get involved in teamfights. He just stays back and mine. The blink changes that and allows him an option of engaging the enemy in team fights, such as blink to the back and drive off the support, dropping stasis in the middle of a team battle, etc...

But yeah, I have never actually gotten mjolnir before on tech, if you've seen techs get those, it wasn't me. Neither is radiance. Most games I only end up getting 1-2 level 4 major items, and I've always preferred guinsoo as 1st choice. It is pretty much an expected item on all caster supporters. I hate it when supports don't get guinsoos. 2nd choice would be cuirass to improve the physical damage mines and suicide, and it supports your teammates in teamfights as aura. I rarely have techie games that last longer than this and require more items, I would probably think shiva next, more mana and aoe and nuke. So that would be 5 items - blink, BoT, guinsoo, Shiva, cuirass... last item would be up for grab... maybe a skadi, slow will work on BKB, counters that... hmm... dunno? :D

I'm thinking lategame, SB catches techies alone, the tech with shiva/cuirass/skadi can survive the BKB. Once the bkb is down, drop a stasis or use a guinsoo, blink out and tp to safety.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:06 am

nitromon wrote:I'm thinking lategame, SB catches techies alone, the tech with shiva/cuirass/skadi can survive the BKB. Once the bkb is down, drop a stasis or use a guinsoo, blink out and tp to safety.

Very good thinking, works in a 1v1 game for sure

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Aghs is good if you want your remotes to do shit. If you prefer to support in another way, such as Scythe, then that can work too. The main thing I am opposed to is dumb builds like blink+MOC.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 am

Blink tech is good if you got some kind of aoe stuner in your team.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 pm

WE got'em boys! No more mid-lane techies for 1 week!!! Thank the Lord @Merex God! viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138607

Return to “Replays”