Presenting: the silliest fucking game I have ever played on ENT

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Presenting: the silliest fucking game I have ever played on ENT

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:49 pm

nitromon wrote:Haha, though I don't play Drow anymore, I stand by it. But frost is definitely a plus for skadi b/c it can be stacked with lifesteal, dif, and moljonir. Anyone know if it stacks with desolator? Also, anyone know if it still stacks with Clinkz flame arrow? In one previous version it did and it was awesome. :lol:

Drow already has frost arrow, which reduces move speed way more than skadi does, specifically to keep people within ult range. You're supposed to commit to it and build around it, otherwise you're wasting her and should just pick one of the many other heroes, it's not that hard.

Skadi doesn't stack with deso, stacks with flame arrow.

nitromon wrote:So many times people overlook frost as a viable counter for agil DPS heroes. Say a PA in the game, most players suggest getting heart to tank the crit. I always thought you probably want the frost from skadi to slow her IAS.

Attack speed is base attack speed multiplied by the sum of attack speed increases and decreases. Skadi's attack speed reduction against melee heroes is so insignificant and completely dwarfed by pa blink's massive bonus that it's barely even noticeable. Stacking attack speed is literally the counter to attack speed debuffs, just look at ursa. Like always, you quickly "think" about the right way to deal with situations and then pretend "so many people overlook" your wonderful findings that you came up with 15 seconds ago.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
kunkka (Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 pm)

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Re: Presenting: the silliest fucking game I have ever played on ENT

Postby Edgeofchaos » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 pm

If you want to play PA, then play PA. Why would you ever want to pick Axe and then play it like PA? It makes no sense.

Why do you have this weird idea that heroes should be build with items that do not belong on that hero? Being different isn't necessarily a good thing. Most people build heroes in one or two ways for a good reason. Certain heroes are supposed to be stronger early and weaker late. That's just how the game is and by not accepting that, you'll just fail to do your job in the game.

There are millions of dota/dota 2 players and this game has existed for 15+ years. Innovation has already been done. You won't discover something that they haven't; you aren't better at the game or have more knowledge about it than all the pros. The good builds have already been discovered. You may think that things are being overlooked, but rather they have been looked at and then thrown away as un-optimal. In DotA, there is a right and wrong way of playing heroes. If you do something like dagon spec or skaddi drow, you are simply playing it wrong. Like I don't want to be mean here, but I think you need to hear this.
EdgeOfChaos vs. Masterkiller bo3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141323

Return to “Replays”