How to Git_Gud at Medusa in Pub 6.83d

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
Letbell
Treant

How to Git_Gud at Medusa in Pub 6.83d

Postby Letbell » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Stats & Pick one: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=Git_Gud

Git_Gud *sarcasm*

child
Plague Treant

Re: How to Git_Gud at Medusa in Pub 6.83d

Postby child » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

It seems like u commonly buy manta diffusal sheep divine
Why manta? Mana shield shows as effect and when u use manta it takes it off automatically, annoying as fuck.
Why diffusal? Doesn't it not work on splitshot? (Idk)

Why those items over drums, sny, skadi, (then sheep/divine)

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Or treads, linken, butterfly, skadi, satanic divine. Too bad you cant make mkb on dota1 bc it bugs with splitshot... And you dont need to buy diffusal or sheep on one of the 5 hardest carries in the game loll. All you need is to balance your tankiness with your dps.

Manta is rly good on dota 2, but this mana shield deactivation doesnt help at all on wc3
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 pm

BiLyA wrote:And you dont need to buy diffusal or sheep on one of the 5 hardest carries in the game

About the sheep part not true at all, sheep on medusa is actually legit. Theres alot of pro players who have won competitive games with it. Its like a ranged carry's version of abbysal. Also the extra mana has great synergy with shield.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Aside from the item selection, lets talk about the game play - don't you feel boring playing a hero that you need to last hit for 30 min to start functioning for 10 games in a row? lol
GOTEM

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Burnt wrote:Aside from the item selection, lets talk about the game play - don't you feel boring playing a hero that you need to last hit for 30 min to start functioning for 10 games in a row? lol

IHMO, it is quite boring to farm all the time while the team is doing all the work. However, since it is a pub, and it's really hard to trust anyone. Also, dota's huge teamfight rarely come up, and I usually waited out someone got caught in my team. Teleport in and ultimate and make a comeback.
It's basically how ridiculous medusa's ultimate can turn the game around if used properly.
I remember saw someone in competitive game used ultimate first and teleport in near tower and completely catch everyone off-guard once medusa teleport in the middle of the enemy team. Those Pre-5 seconds worth the $$$.

Unless if you have at least 2-3 support on your team knows what they're doing,
Heroes such as Earth spirit, Vengeanceful spirit, and Warlock; who does really good jobs on creating lots of spaces and really good at teamfight. Although, I rarely seen anyone playing Earth spirit to its full potential in v6.83d, but I know a few that do.

Farming and reading situation takes a lot of practice and 1 wrong moves is over for you lol. Once you learn this, you're pretty much unstoppable and able to win any team-fight regardless of how bad your team are doing. I learn this from someone who's literally play Medusa/Axe/Kunkka 24/7

child wrote:It seems like u commonly buy manta diffusal sheep divine
Why manta? Mana shield shows as effect and when u use manta it takes it off automatically, annoying as fuck.
Why diffusal? Doesn't it not work on splitshot? (Idk)

Diffusal counter most bad line-up against medusa such as anti-mage, slark, abaddon with MoM, and etc
Slark without his mana = dead slark. He jumps on you: teleport or use ultimate out. Once you got divine. He's no longer a problem and his ultimate can pretty much get hit by splitshot (which is pretty weird)
Anti-mage without his mana = dead magina
Abaddon without his MoM = dead abaddon

Manta can pretty much remove some nasty disable such as; mainly silence that's all.
Other projectile stun is too hard to dodge with the delay unlike dota 2.
Removing the mana shield after manta is a good thing, and you can make a fake-out heroes who run while you hitting their heroes like paper. :D

child wrote:Why those items over drums, sny, skadi, (then sheep/divine)

For some reason, I don't really like drum as much, and it's kinda a waste of gold and slot too.
It's extremely good with medusa with extra hp/mp/atk spd, and ms.
However, a good support on the team; a tank or someone has better synergy with this item is better than for medusa to have it.

Frank wrote:
BiLyA wrote:And you dont need to buy diffusal or sheep on one of the 5 hardest carries in the game

About the sheep part not true at all, sheep on medusa is actually legit. Theres alot of pro players who have won competitive games with it. Its like a ranged carry's version of abbysal. Also the extra mana has great synergy with shield.

Hell yeah, sheep stick on medusa will also solve your MBK problems too, it's also act like LC's ultimate where you can negate the heroes' passive.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 am

I dont think medusa outclasses slark as a late carry. Diffusal wont really hurt him once he has skadi. pl/am do rape slark tho. How i would play him is just get stacks from killing your teammates then kill you espescially easy when im fully maxed out which i could argue slark farms faster then medusa for the first half of the game. more mobility free regen etc. You probably have won against shadow blade slarks where they cant maintain their farm due to constantly needing mana. Also slark is way more forgiving in his skillsets and can survive situations medusa cant. Basically you can be way out of position w slark. Since were talking pubs here and not competitive play a good slark should beat a dusa everytime no matter what your build.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:07 pm

Frank wrote:I dont think medusa outclasses slark as a late carry. Diffusal wont really hurt him once he has skadi. pl/am do rape slark tho. How i would play him is just get stacks from killing your teammates then kill you espescially easy when im fully maxed out which i could argue slark farms faster then medusa for the first half of the game. more mobility free regen etc. You probably have won against shadow blade slarks where they cant maintain their farm due to constantly needing mana. Also slark is way more forgiving in his skillsets and can survive situations medusa cant. Basically you can be way out of position w slark. Since were talking pubs here and not competitive play a good slark should beat a dusa everytime no matter what your build.

Yes, in this scenario. Slark will always have an upper hand by eliminating the opposing easy prey for slark.
    -80% that I played against slark will always have an upper hand in pub
    -50% that I alway get ignored by slark.

However, a medusa who knows how to farm and read-situation can catch up with slark pretty quickly if left ignored due to how fast she is orientate herself to farm in lane, jungle, and stacking ancient at the same time.

Slark will always win against medusa in a right-click battle
Medusa will always win against slark is a team-fight

Overall, it's all depend how well both side timing and position themselves in order to get the upper-hand.

EDIT: Gameplay against good slark with the same scenario. I kinda agree where slark can pretty much solo anyone in that game lol
Attachments
Cumback with Medusa by Git_Gud #2.w3g
(619.58 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Return to “Replays”