Anti stack geomancer

Are you the best? Post your replays here and find out why you're not (just kidding, maybe)!
EdgeOfChaos

Anti stack geomancer

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:59 am

I always love facing a stacked team, it feels so good to beat them. In this game, the high ELOs all go Sentinel to make it 22 / 8 with a 1 good and 1 bad smurf on their team, so I pick Geomancer. Not my best game, and LC picks me off with lothars duel several times before I get farmed, but the game carries on too long, and I get my Skaddis. After some early teamwork and taking down a rax, they start getting cocky

(25:21 / All) KennyPowers: your my bitch

They obviously didn't understand Geomancer. In the space of 8 minutes, it goes from them nearly throning us to losing all their rax rapidly, and then losing. Finally, the inevitable denial comes:

(33:10 / All) KennyPowers: rofl ur just a cheap hero
(33:11 / All) KennyPowers: u suck

As I say. Can't teach stupid.

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/8316345/
Attachments
geo.w3g
(454.84 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

Hatedmaru

Re: Anti stack geomancer

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:21 am

Well, some heroes have better capacity to turn games around (even with extreme odds against them), and meepo is one of them (Arc is the 2nd one for me tbh - Give him enough time to farm midas, travels and necro book, and ur half way of having a huge problem soon xD) :P To keep meepo under control, u cant give him any time (No time at all ^^), or else what looks like a controlled meepo, becomes a huge problem (considering the OP amount of experience he gets + able to farm at more than 1 place, with good micro)

Looking at sent/scourge items, it seems like sent gave you time (and dind't farm well in the meanwhile), so you were able to comeback (hard), and just stomp it :P

And thats why, when i play vs Meepo, it's instant focus on pressuring meepo for the rest of the game, until throne is dead, or team forfeits ^^ Never, NEVER allow meepo to farm or get time :P

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:31 am

Arc Warden is absolutely amazing and it's a shame he's played so little. He's the only hero that building 3 Divine Rapiers can be acceptable on. I think what a lot of players don't realize is that Meepo is insanely vulnerable to stuns and silences early on. That's the way to shut him down.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:51 am

Yep, Arc is definitely funny (boring due to farming, but bleh ^^) - I usually dont do the rapier tactic, but the necrobook, manta, midas, travels and then its situational, depending on enemies and how the game is going.

And yes, meepo worst enemies are silencer/doom at least (Other silencers, like krob and trax, or storm with orchids + massive mana/dmg, also help a lot); Another "not-so-good" enemy for meepo, is sven with dagger, bkb, critical and his ulti :P That cleaving with insane dmg is also a pain in the ass for meepo ^^

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:17 am

The best late game meepo counter is ember with 2 battlefuries, crit and then proly divines or something. All u need is to stay behind ur team and when meepo blinks in with dagger and starts poofing, u use your sleight of fist and boom, no more meepo.
The other counters are farmed sven, leoric or pa with a bkb cuz they can kill a meepo with only a few attacks. And don't forget a fat medusa too, with her amazing stone gaze and split shot.
The only problem is that in pubs, meepos always farm faster because the carries I mentioned above usually have to compete against their team for last hits while meepo just poofs and kills camps in 2 different lanes loll
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Very late game those guys will probably counter Geo if they're on a similar skill level. But the real power of Geo is farming more than any other hero can, often reaching level 18 while the rest of the players are still around 11. Then around 30 minutes after you get your skaddis, you go end with your 3 lives (aegis + buyback) before their carries catch up. So while those builds do work, the real difficulty is getting there in the first place I think. The only response to geo early is a lot of stun or silence. Without stun or silence, Geos can poof away, so unless you can kill a hero in under 2 seconds you're out of luck. Any lockdown (doom atropos batrider) are great responses but no one picks those. I always love it when people pick ES/Lich and try to beat midgame geo - wow, that 1500 damage ulti sure hurt my 4000 HP geo, it'll take me a whole 6 seconds to heal from that

TheSpawn
Aura Tree

Postby TheSpawn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:07 pm

BiLyA wrote:The best late game meepo counter is ember with 2 battlefuries, crit and then proly divines or something. All u need is to stay behind ur team and when meepo blinks in with dagger and starts poofing, u use your sleight of fist and boom, no more meepo.
The other counters are farmed sven, leoric or pa with a bkb cuz they can kill a meepo with only a few attacks. And don't forget a fat medusa too, with her amazing stone gaze and split shot.
The only problem is that in pubs, meepos always farm faster because the carries I mentioned above usually have to compete against their team for last hits while meepo just poofs and kills camps in 2 different lanes loll

YYY. Only u know what is good. U still not top 5 ranked here? Why not 5k elo?

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:11 pm

TheSpawn wrote:YYY. Only u know what is good. U still not top 5 ranked here? Why not 5k elo?

LUL POOR KESI LUL, NEVA EVA GETTIN ON MY LEVA

How would u counter a geo Kesi? Teach pls BrokeBack

edit - nvm, i just found out how Kesi counters a geo. All this time, the answer was on battlefury Bara-oh wait-damnnnnn must be hacks Kappa
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8340939
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:25 pm

lol Kesi the afk farmer. Bara doesn't fit your play style bro.
GOTEM

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:54 pm

BiLyA wrote:
TheSpawn wrote:YYY. Only u know what is good. U still not top 5 ranked here? Why not 5k elo?
edit - nvm, i just found out how Kesi counters a geo. All this time, the answer was on battlefury Bara-oh wait-damnnnnn must be hacks Kappa
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8340939

That's an.. interesting build..

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:48 am

Farming-wise, meepo is easily the most OP hero in the game.
Farming leads to better items, leading to an easy win.
It gets to the point where you dont even need to pay attention, as you can auto attack everything in the game.
This game is all about mobility.
Can a ganker reach a certain lane in order to gank said hero?
Can a healer save the carry that is getting ganked?
It's clear the Meepo has a clear advantage being able to teleport five time, and in those five times, teleport (with poof) further.
The only hero that comes to mind that has some close mobility to that is Tinker; however he doesn't have 5 bodies (in order to spread the damage).
Meepo is good early game (due to net + poof), good early game (because of the mass farm that can happens with 5 tp's and nukes), and good late game (due to items received in mid game with farm).
Yes, Meepo requires some skills, yes, he has some clear counters, but at the same times, he is definitely overpowered.
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:17 am

I think what makes Meepo so powerful is that he can basically be every role in a single hero. Good solo, unstoppable midgame, decent lategame.

Gank - Meepo has a long lockdown (with 2 meepos) and a ~400 dmg giant area nuke with 8s cooldown. If a level 4 meepo lands his net in a gank, the targeted hero dies immediately (unless your team is legit brain dead). Geo should always get mid lane, so make sure to call it asap.

Pusher - Meepo's best pushing quality is that the 4-5 meepos can warp in, insta-kill a creep wave, and then teleport out. The entire sequence takes about 8 seconds. Not even Bara's gonna get there that fast. Now he does that over and over, and your creep waves are always past your river. THEN when they finally decide to try pushing a lane of their own, Meepo simply goes to an unoccupied and pushed lane, and destroys towers. I've literally taken a rax before with no resistance from the enemies because they simply didn't see me doing it, it was so fast.

Semi-Carry - Meepo is basically un-gankable in pubs. Porting in, farming a creep wave (~300g) and then porting out takes about 16 seconds earlygame when you must poof the wave to kill it. Even if you reach Meepo in that time, it doesn't matter unless you can lock him down for a significant amount of time. And you'd better be with another player to gank him, because meepo will kill your ass one on one. Even if you DO successfully gank him, it's not as great as people think it is. Meepo will lose like 100-200 gold and 30 sec of farming time. Meanwhile you and at least one other player used a teleport scroll and gave up that farming time yourself. Not only that but you definitely don't catch Meepo every try. You probably miss him 50% of the time if you're GOOD. All that time and gold is being wasted by the gankers. It's funny watching a Mort running around all game trying to gank and delaying my aghs by 2 minutes, and then later seeing him with treads only at 20 mins.

Despite this, a Meepo actually does fall off lategame. You should be 6 slotted at 40 minutes, so don't let the game go on past that!! You've got to end before the real carries get 6 slotted and kill you.

Tank - I have four eyes of skaddi, so I have 5000 HP on my clones and 6000+ on my main. Have fun. And when you focus one geo, I'm gonna move that one back. You have 5 stacks of geostrike on you so you're slowed to minimum movespeed while you try to chase it. Furthermore I can be back at base instantly, heal, and be back instantly. And buyback + aegis gives me 3 lives in which to rax you.

The one thing that geo isn't, is a support. So throw that Mekanism in the garbage. Next person to make meka on geo gets slapped. And building vlads on Geo gives everyone in the game cancer. Another popular item is dagger - while it's good, it's situational. Against a sniper I might even prioritize that over ultimate orb, but vs. mostly melee? Nah.

Imo he isn't the most OP hero in every situation, but against disorganized players he's definitely OP. Of my 2 losses, one was against an ultra-cool prearranged team who outplayed me. The other was a less cool disconnection. Oh well. I think if they reverted Divided We Stand to normal leveling, the hero would be balanced. Two geos at level 3 is a bit much to handle, and I think that's the source of most of geo's issues. You just can't fight the super poof combo that early.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:33 am

your suggestions for playing geo aren't bad. You do have decent w/l on you dota robot acct, but the kdr is rather low for a geo. Your item choices could use adjustments as well. I too used to think blink is situational, but after trying it out in every game, I found it indispensable. There are a few heros against who it is far more effective than sniper. But it is effective against every hero, even ones like axe. True it is less effective against someone like sven who can aoe stun you when you blink poof him, but even against that there are work around of when/how you poof on top of him.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:30 am

Fair enough. When do you grab blink? After skaddi 1 or after aghs?

I don't care so much about kdr. Wins are what count. I usually play a more push-oriented geo than gank/teamfight oriented.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:35 am

You will have to discover that for yourself, based on your play style. For example, the currently highest elo player, who i took advice from, gets blink before scepter.

Each game must be played differently. Time and a place for everything. If the game allows, the gank/teamfight oriented play will give a higher chance of victory, for obvious reasons.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Return to “Replays”