Geo Daggerless Build

Think your strategy is the best? Let others know and help out their DotA skills!
EdgeOfChaos

Re: Geo Daggerless Build

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Why do you think Axe always wins? Geo can destroy creepwaves much better than axe, though at level 3 is takes a bit longer.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Why do you think Axe always wins? Geo can destroy creepwaves much better than axe, though at level 3 is takes a bit longer.

Just from personal experience. When someone picks geo and I feel like playing axe I go mid and win every time. Although it doesn't matter much because most times the geo still wins the game later on. That crap hero is way too broken

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 pm

The only hero I consistently lose to as Geo is a pro Huskar.. so do with that what you will...

But you also need a really good team to beat a good geo. Hard to find.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:50 pm

There are heroes way better than husk vs geo. Keep a geo in base, and walk up to him and start hitting him, don't blink. Once he starts attacking poof that one to base and the fresh one from base. You might need to do it again with his next target. I know that this won't work every time esp if he isn't alone but it's the best way to deal with a husk.

I wanted to mention a few glitches with net.

Net does not stop channeling if the hero already in net. If you net someone and they start to tp or a channeling spell like wd or lock, you have to wait for the current net to expire to net them again to stop the channeling.

Net does not prevent the hero from going invisible. I know ppl know this, but it's worth mentioning since technically earthbind should prevent ppl from going inv.

Net can remove dust. I've seen it too many times when I dust riki and net him, when the net expires the dust is removed. I don't know if it's just riki tho, it's the one I noticed the most.

I think that's it for the main ones, I'll edit this if i remember anything else.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:49 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:The only hero I consistently lose to as Geo is a pro Huskar.. so do with that what you will...

But you also need a really good team to beat a good geo. Hard to find.

I like sven vs geos :)

On another note, if you have a huskar and a necro, huskar ults, hits a few times, necro heals, hits a few times then bams the ult, geo instant death yes?? need to find someone to try this crazy counter combo with lmao

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 pm

> implying that you can find a player to combo with on ENT

No but for real, I've always wanted to try that. It seems that you can beat literally one-shot any non-magic-immune hero that way, huh?

Sven shreds geo, but only if his team doesn't force ulti/bkb before engagement. Sven without ulti AND bkb is food.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:12 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:> implying that you can find a player to combo with on ENT

No but for real, I've always wanted to try that. It seems that you can beat literally one-shot any non-magic-immune hero that way, huh?

come play lod where you can pick 2 ults! in fact you don't even need reaper. All you need is sky silence, pugna decrep and lifebreak :lol:
GOTEM

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Technically with huskar and necro (both with aghanims) u can 2 hit meepo:

Huskar lifebreak with aghanims deals 65% of max hp -> Necro ulti with 50% hp or less = death so yes it works

And as Burnt says, LoD you can do it urself easily xD Theres another funny combo of that one ^^ Decrepify, morph stats, ancient seal, lifebreak, flesh heap and dismember :D

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 am

Reaper Scythe CD is still reasonably long though, so it's still no guaranteed Meepo counter. With Aegis+Buyback you have 3 lives, that combo only takes away 1. Then you just head in and rax while it's on CD.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 am

Ehhh aegis yes, buyback no -> If a hero dies during scythe, the respawn timer is longer + u cant buyback due to the aghanims upgrade on scythe :P

And yes, its not the best way to stop him, but definitely helps ^^

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 am

True, assuming the aegis life doesn't take the reaper scythe.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Any way you look at it, geo isn't a hero. He's IceFrog's last cruel joke.

Return to “Strategy”