why 3.41h replaced 3.41e ?

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
oxoDus
Treant

Re: why 3.41h replaced 3.41e ?

Postby oxoDus » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm

I guess we simply got upset at how random this game sometimes can be. I personally feel the difference between old and new map(tower holding-wise), but it doesn't really matter as long as we all sit under same conditions, so as broud3r said we just have to adjust to the changes. Of course strategy game should be more mind/skill game than lottery game. One of this lottery variable is sends spawn/movement(some charge in front, some stuck behind) if you could consider fixing it then it would be 1 less lottery variable. Thanks for your effort broud3r.
El Psy Congaroo

skibbel
Armored Tree

Postby skibbel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 pm

ppl arguing against the new heal system are just a bit stubborn imho ;)

the game is about build/income strategies not about clicking heal at the right moment.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 pm

skibbel wrote:ppl arguing against the new heal system are just a bit stubborn imho ;)

the game is about build/income strategies not about clicking heal at the right moment.

There is more stragey in healing than you might think my friend. especially on rounds like 7, like , when the heal is really really close. Sometimes you need to heal, because if not, and it auto heals for half, you are very open for an 8 attack send, and then use 1 or 2 heals on 8 etc.. while in this system, you can just sit back and relax and just not give a care at all, because either way it fully heals.. which for me is sad. A lot of excitement dies with that.
Thou shall self tk.

skibbel
Armored Tree

Postby skibbel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:19 pm

thats all true, the auto 1/2 heal brought more tactics, but it wasnt part of 3.41 either
These users thanked the author skibbel for the post:
Akitos (Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 am)

Akitos
Treant Protector

Postby Akitos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:18 am

skibbel wrote:thats all true, the auto 1/2 heal brought more tactics, but it wasnt part of 3.41 either

Finally someone who notices this ^^

About heal usage in general: the game is random enough as it is, removing all elements where one individual holds all the cards about win/loss and instead focusing more on the overall team is certainly the correct way. Luckily LTD2 has noticed this and have even implemented automatic king control. Don't get me wrong, using king properly and even healing properly were skill based parts of the game, BUT, they always came at the price that your game depends on one individual; which is fucking shit for solo que. So yeah, removing all those elements is certainly a good idea. Just because something was a part of the game, doesn't mean it has to be forever... wake up and accept the changes. Changes are good.
LTD 1 & 2 veteran | full-time streamer @twitch/akitos

Return to “Legion TD”