1v1 Mega vs 4 players games

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
susanoooo
Resource Storage

Re: 1v1 Mega vs 4 players games

Postby susanoooo » Mon May 29, 2017 4:04 am

Thx for your answer, i asked LF yesterday on the stream and he explained it. Is there a command to remove cooldown when you're sending units? Any advice about post 10 strategies?

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 am

IDK if there is a cd command but you might try to look up normal cheats for wc3, maybe there is one for this (cheats ofc work in single player). Also you can check all the commands by typing -debug again, maybe there is one and I just don't know it.

Since I'm on mobile RN, I will write about my strategies later...
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Well well I'm glad people seem to take interest in this 1v1 thread. I myself became quite a fan of these 1v1 games, I find it very similar to chess, which is a game I always enjoyed.

I'd like to share my views on some information shared by other people :) Feel free to read and comment, always like to get a second opinion and improve my / others strategies. My apologies for the long post (hence spoilers) wish I could give you all a potato.

bezdak wrote:@susanoooo
Well units that are useless in 1v1 are those, that have a huge weakness in at least 2 lvls. Stuff like phantoms, komodos, pandas, engis and such. Prolly the best units period are ygg and ea, LoD and aqua are also awesome.

Let me give my take on this quote from @bezdak (Hope this can help you in some ways @susanoooo)

Yggs
Spoiler!
I disagree with *Best unit being Yggs* ;) Yggs imo in 1v1 is one HUGE gamble, since 90% of the players will send lvl 1-2 which totaly screws you up. The best you can actually do with warrs + ygg on lvl 11 is about 10-12 leaks (being lucky). IMO Yggs are terrible for lvl 1-2-3-6-10, terrible for lvl 11-12, good for 13-19 (17 easy if you got enough TOK) and horrible for 20. Although I must say that massing TOK for lvl 27 works pretty good, but again if your opponent is not a fool he will go 28 instead.

:!: Conclusion : All-in-all I try to stay away from yggs in 1s

EA
Spoiler!
EA is good for starters, but quickly become uselesss (always sketchy on lvl 10 since they got nerfed, and that can be a total GG if you're caught with a low king). The best way to play em in 1s imo is to build total 3 EA + one tank for lvl 7 (usualy decent hold) and then get some anti 10 (other than archers). I usualy try to get a few more (4-5-6 eas) for lvl 12-14 but no more. If the game goes beyond 20, EA can be a really good help for lvl 27 (90% dmg to med armor). Once again you got to stiffen em up with some high hp tanks.

:!: Conclusion : Can be good, but use them carefully (much more than in a 4v4 game)

Phantoms

Spoiler!
I discovered recently that a Hellraiser (Upped phantom) + one good T1 or one T2 can hold by itself lvl 1-2 easy. lvl 3 with some more towers with it. HR are in my opinion one of the best damage dealer towers out there, to the exception of a few key levels (bosses especially). WARNING : These units do NOT do any damage whatsoever to demons, krakens and behe (not sure about behe but pretty sure it doesn't) Dmg is spell-based which means it won't affect any spell immune creeps. The best strategy to adopt with HR is speed. They are pretty much glass canons, really good damage but weak HP and so on. I don't recommend using solely mass HRs, best to mix them with some fast melee tanks / other casters. Also not a good idea to mix polar / Tree of time because they will end up in front of your melee units most of the time.

:!: Conclusion : Really good tower, although terrible vs bosses and spell immunes, massing them is not a good idea.

Engi's

Spoiler!
Engis are the best yolo early on imo. You wanna wreck them fast and hard? Feeling like a rockstar? Do you even income bro? Go 4/0 lvl 1 and two engis, you will be able to send a BO on lvl 2 which can be quite nasty. Massing Engs as you would do in a 4s is a nono. You will get wrecked 5-7-8 and quite possibly 10 as well. If you don't do any significant damage early on, you got to switch your tactic. I usualy go 3-4 engs and mix them afterwise, since theres no real use for them before 17. One mutant can be effective as a tank / dps on lvl 8-10 (Juice it tho!) One could go full income early, hit the opponent hard, then I'd recommend going full king so you're safe for 7-8 and 10. Playing defensive in 1v1s is usualy a pretty good tactic, you need patience and strike when your opponent is the most vulnerable. Having a fully upped king gives you security and more opportunities to hit hard on a hard level.

:!: Conclusion : Really good choice to begin with, be wary not to get too greedy tho

LOD

Spoiler!
Now this is one of the best, if not the best tower to go with. LOD are the best early on (easy clear lvl 1 even with warrs) and good for every other levels I can think of. LVL 6 is the only one you have to be careful, since the infernal gets wrecked fast. If your roll permits, saving some gold to get hades (one for lvl 5) is a good idea. Two hades + other ranged + 1 melee will clear lvl 10 easy and you will also be able to get good income (7/3-7/4) depending on what units you have at your disposal. I usualy don't build any more of these after lvl 10 until level 17. Hades kick-ass on lvl 20. Be careful beyond lvl 20 considering LOD is terrible for lvl 27 (which is the most common level people send to end a game). You're gonna like those if you get to a sudden-death (beyond 31) ; summons die first which spares your other units for a last man standing situation.

:!: Conclusion : Just do it!! (Sheia Leboeuf intensifies)
Hold the door!

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:10 pm

I would say most op stuff (if having only that as decent units) are Aqua > LoD > EA > Ygg > ...
But in 1v1 i normaly mix a lot, if not getting 1 of those, and end up building 4-7 different units till lvl 7 ^^
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:43 am

Also I'm surprised nobody mentions turrets, it's basically the most balanced tower in the game for early levels, good for any level but still not OP. Perfect solution for 1v1.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 pm

bezdak wrote:Also I'm surprised nobody mentions turrets, it's basically the most balanced tower in the game for early levels, good for any level but still not OP. Perfect solution for 1v1.

I've recently stumbled onto this post and must say this is absolutely true. Turrets are pretty neat indeed.

IDK why I never used them b4 in 1v1s
Hold the door!

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 am

First time ive red that yggs sucks at 2 haha
These users thanked the author BoretkPanda for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 am)

1996gracek1996
Resource Storage

Postby 1996gracek1996 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:16 am

just play -pr instead of -ph in 1v1 games and u wont have to cry about ANY unit being too op (yea i dont play ph beacuse its just about spamming 1 unit which takes no skill)

Return to “Legion TD”