New

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
Dodobro
Basic Tree

New

Postby Dodobro » Tue May 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Hey guys

It's been a few years since I've played warcraft 3 legion td and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to hop on discord or something to help me relearn the game. Been watching some of Forward's videos and it seems like if you don't know what you doing, can just instantly lose games.

I don't want to throw games and get raged at, not fun for either side.

Thank you.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: New

Postby bezdak » Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello,

honestly, for me LF's videos were enough, thanks to him I know what I know. I got to 1200+ in about 150 games (was kinda struggling a bit on mega bot, since I knew the 1200+ meta but not the mega one :D ) and I can hang (and even carry the game if good roll). The next thing for me is to perfect the harder builds, get better with planning and mb try to get vouched for lihl in a month or two.

If you watch LF's vids daily, you've got the basic knowledge and the rest will come with time and practice. Don't worry about "throwing games", you will fuck up and you will get yelled at, that's a part of the trainning process. Just try to learn from it, but don't let it discourage you. And then play and play and play... Also what helped me with builds tremendoous amount was hopping in the singleplayer and experiment by using -debug mode.

Wish you all the luck and especially huge amount of patience :)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 pm

@dodobro

Tbh mate you should play a bunch of public mega games in order to familiarize yourself with the different builds. Try one, see if it works. It doesn't? Tweak it some, try pushing less, etc. This is the place to learn and don't let yourself be put down by trolls & raging players.

But be warned, the mega games are full of nabs and terrors!
Hold the door!

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Oh, almost forgot! Try a mass gnolls build, see how well it works! :D
Hold the door!

Dodobro
Basic Tree

Postby Dodobro » Thu May 25, 2017 11:33 am

Update

Played a few games everyone was nice and gave advice, few things I noticed is that crossing is kinda annoying considering I was inspired by watching 1200+ games, also seems to be people farming elo by stacking teams, not much can do about it though, just have to play through it and get to 1200+ I suppose, see you guys there soon. ;)

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm

LForward to see u in 1200+. If you know what I mean :P

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm

@Dodobro
Unless you have REALLY shit roll or someone rolls ea crossing is almost never worth it. The so called ''incomer'' will end up sitting on 7/2 or 7/1 at lvl 7 unless enemy team has had major king leaks. I would advice u never to cross, unless you're playing for fun.

IamHodor
Forest Walker

Postby IamHodor » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Watch lihl replays if you want to improve your builds. https://entgaming.net/customstats/lihl/games/

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm

@nicolai123 honestly I dare to say you have no idea what are you talking about.
From crossing the creeps suffer from clogging twice as much as on solo lanes, therefore 2 lanes have the strenght of something like 1.75 lane or even less.
The valuer not only has to have actually less value than both should have if they built, but also the fact that killing units in cross takes forever and mostly the lane still holds (since again, it needs less value), it is a sure win on every race level against a no-cross team.
Also it boosts some builds that would normally be weak. For example, aqua lane is kinda useless against 14 without good tanks, however aqua cross is super anti-14 simply due to the fact the DPS overruns creeps until they can do anything. More units are better in most cases thanks to damage sharing, aoe, more dps while creeps still come one by one and so on. If you build 2 blasters, they hold much more on 1 lane than if you split them on 2 lanes (and split the creeps also of course)

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm

@bezdak is correct. It's one of the reason why cross isn't allowed on 1200+ ... Having over 1.5k 3.5 beta games under my belt I can tell you that if you got the right build there is no way in hell 2 solo players can compete with a good cross (Extra delay, many auras etc). B4 the update if you went T-Birds cross you were litteraly unstoppable!

I mean them t-birds could pew pew all day and nothing gets through
These users thanked the author HodoR_ for the post:
bezdak (Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 pm)
Hold the door!

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:25 pm

@Hodor_ Beta has heroes and shit not really the same thing
And again, you're just using specifik examples of crossing in a perfect situation... That almost never happens. And bezdak cross is extremely weak to sends 7 and before, so just because they can do insane yolo push doesnt mean it doesnt fuck their team in the proces. You can easily do the same 14 hold with ea or aqua with good tank with even better push if a lane suicides and then anti to catch leaks.

elokiller
Armored Tree

Postby elokiller » Sun May 28, 2017 2:07 pm

meh, obv. cross has a huge adventage over solos cause you cant die on certain levels, where solos actually easily die (12, 15) + you cant race cross cause it will always leak slower / clear atleast one side

and for early game.. in most cross games there is like zero king gold, which also kills alot of solo builds.

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Mon May 29, 2017 2:22 pm

@nicolai123 lol. sry mate, cross isn't weak at all on 7. Even EA cross can clear it easy if you know what to build. The only level that can be sketchy is 10, even so if you have the blockers built in the right place you won't leak squat.

tbh the only time a cross is vulnerable is early on, lvl 1-2, if you send warrs or furbs on 2.
Hold the door!

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:25 pm

@Hodor_
Yeah i c ur point i realize that 8 ea with some good delay holds 2 lanes, but as you said it leaves you open for 10, all in all cross is overrated and IMO it is
often used as a tool by players who don't know the game and just want a cheesy win. This is just my personal experience playing on mega bot.

ps: rly fking impossible not to split on 10 with full archer cross
These users thanked the author nicolai123 for the post:
HodoR_ (Tue May 30, 2017 2:35 pm)

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon May 29, 2017 8:48 pm

nicolai123 wrote:ps: rly fking impossible not to split on 10 with full archer cross

This is your only statement i agree with :)
These users thanked the author bezdak for the post:
HodoR_ (Tue May 30, 2017 2:35 pm)

Return to “Legion TD”