Discovered why MAC users get DC

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
Spicyfries
Basic Tree

Discovered why MAC users get DC

Postby Spicyfries » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:16 pm

I suspect that the reason Mac users often get Disconnected in Legion TD is the following unit!!!

Geomancer (200 MHP;15-17 NDMG;0.8 AS): Geomancer is melee Goblin builder tier 2 tower. With low HP can tank a bit in early game but is almost useless. Can be upgraded into Clockwreck (770 FHP;76-84 NDMG;1.0 AS) which is also melee tower. Can be used in early and mid game as a tank. Clockwreck has Cluster Rockets ability that stuns target in small AOE (at ability tooltip it says that it also deals 10 damage, but it is a bug, because it doesn't deal any damage). Overall decent tank with nice stun ability.

I noticed that the same round that someone builds this unit and mobs attack I get directly disconnected. I would assume that removing it can possibly fix the issue. Thankfully its not a commonly built tower.

My last 2 disconnects were due to this issue I believe. Could you please check the logs and confirm if this was the problem? Thanks. Also, is it possible that you provide me with the full list of units on both teams up to the second I disconnected in my LAST GAME. Thanks.

Please any mods look into this, I would be happy to assist!

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Discovered why MAC users get DC

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Do you have replays of it? @Spicyfries
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Spicyfries
Basic Tree

Postby Spicyfries » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Kiwi wrote:Do you have replays of it? @Spicyfries

No. What happens is the moment my units are about to engage a new wave I disconnect.

After playing so many games and have dc-ed I see that many of those have that 1 unit in common. Take my last 2 disconnects for example.

2nd last DC - I disconnected when both the upgraded and upgraded units stated above were present
Last DC - I disconnected, however I did not notice the unit on my team prior to DC. Thus if it was on the enemy team, then it would confirm the fact that this the DC on mac users is due to that unit.

YoMama
Resource Storage

Postby YoMama » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:15 am

Yes it definitely is. Just had a couple of games with disconnects now again, and in one of them I just saw one of my teammates building geo and upgrading to clockwreck after round 3. At the beginning of round 4 I got the disconnect..

@Mods, ist there any possibility of removing geo from ENT (legion) maps? I think this would make life much easier for many mac players, and also for their team mates, as disconnects usually leads to draw or 3vs4... Anyway Geo/clockwreck is not a good unit..

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9536874

A LIHL game from yesterday in which I built a clockwreck with spare gold for race 17. As you described above; a MAC player from the opposing team desynced as soon as my units were engaged in combat.

One hell of a coincidence if it's not the issue :o
TeachRolls

Return to “Legion TD”