Legion TD Tier List

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
Hakuna
Forest Walker

Legion TD Tier List

Postby Hakuna » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 am

Hey folks,

I spent a bit working on a poll, hoping to get as many of you to take it as I can. Just asks for you to pick the best and worst unit for each tier.

You are free to use whatever criteria you want when answering, personally I would go on three factors:

Which unit am I most excited/most disappointed to see in that slot?
and
With which unit am I most successful/least successful?
and
Which unit am I most fearful/most confident seeing on the enemy team?

Obviously it's an over-simplification since there are plenty of factors that go into unit choice, such as what your team-mates have and whether you are building solo or in a cross (not applicable to 1200+, which is part of the reason I ask your ELO in the poll)

Please share this around, I want to get some results!

I've made it so that sign-in is required, just to keep the results reasonable in case someone felt like skewing the results intentionally. Please if you have more than one gmail only take the quiz once. If you don't have a gmail, feel free to make one just to take the quiz, I am not collecting the addresses.

https://goo.gl/forms/U3ww0NgQQXbynarg1

Click on "Previous Responses" to view the results!

FAQ:
Q: "Why can't I just click to see the results? I don't want to take the whole quiz just to be able to see what other people thought."
A: The quiz was designed to be as short as possible and the questions are not meant to be absolute just general. If you can't decide if archers are better or aquas just pick one randomly. It is only a general look at what people think. Letting people see the results before doing the quiz defeats the point of gathering data. It also opens the chance for people to change their answer to be just like what everone else is voting or to vote strategically to skew the result in favor of some unit that is in 2nd place or something.
Last edited by Hakuna on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Legion TD Tier List

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:29 pm

moved to the fitting subforum
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:09 am

hi man, good effort, i do however wanna point out 1 thing
the answer changes as the game progresses, so for example, while EA is arguably the best tier 2 to start the game with, orc warlock is the best tier 2 to accompany something like blasters/hydra
however, the "worst" option is probably the same for all, there is absolutely no niche for towers like Novice and Zombie :)

Brandom
Armored Tree

Postby Brandom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:31 am

I never saw it actually in action but according to bezdaks test buchers are great anti 18 units and thats why I would definitely place zombies higher than apparitions which never really shine :P

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:37 pm

MudMan wrote:hi man, good effort, i do however wanna point out 1 thing
the answer changes as the game progresses, so for example, while EA is arguably the best tier 2 to start the game with, orc warlock is the best tier 2 to accompany something like blasters/hydra
however, the "worst" option is probably the same for all, there is absolutely no niche for towers like Novice and Zombie :)

Definitely agree 100%. It's a question that really doesn't have one single answer, but for the most part we are looking at it from what units are the best to get on your starting roll.

To Brandom:

Yeah fair enough. I know many people have different affinities for units like those. I personally don't like the Ice Troll, because his aura sounds so much better to me than it winds up being in practice, although I realize as a magic damage unit he actually is pretty decent.

Thanks for both of your replies and votes!
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Brandom wrote:I never saw it actually in action but according to bezdaks test buchers are great anti 18 units and thats why I would definitely place zombies higher than apparitions which never really shine :P

apparitions are actually the best and only tier 5 that is acceptable to build at 20+ so i would disagree with u and say that at least apparitions have a niche (20+) whereas butchers are just useless af on all rounds

Brandom
Armored Tree

Postby Brandom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:03 pm

@MudMan Looks like u didnt check link. https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=113986 according to this, butcher is one of the best if not the best holder 18 while apparition is at most medicore 20+ unit-no idea how can u call appa best 20+ t5 when there are blasters for 27, goli aura and few others "acceptable" t5

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 pm

i actually did look at that post, butcher is the best unit to free-hold lvl 18 vs no send, assuming u started building it at lvl 1.
u need the value to be pure pudges. cmon u dont need to think a lot to know this is just a hypothetical that will NEVER happen in a real game. if u start playing zombie at lvl 1 ur dead meat and uw ill doom ur team to failure way before u even reach lvl 18.. so yeah lets be realistic here

Brandom
Armored Tree

Postby Brandom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 pm

I dont think it is nessesary to build butchers since lvl 1, starting butchers in front of ur aquas or smth on lets say lvl 14 would be proly enough to make significant difference on lvl 18 race

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:34 am

Building past level 20 is limited to extremely few units anyway so big whoop. I would advocate for Greymanes and Goliaths being the best late-game t5s myself, as I doubt you'd mass Apparitions any more than you'd mass Messiahs or Mistresses.

As to Zombies I don't think too much of them and I think in pretty much all cases it's better to reroll if the best thing you have to put in front of aquas is the Zombie. Why would you take a line of Butchers in front of Aquas when you could have Krogoths or Forsaken Ones? I just don't see the point. Leaves you weak to so many more waves when you don't need to be.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Hakuna wrote:Building past level 20 is limited to extremely few units anyway so big whoop. I would advocate for Greymanes and Goliaths being the best late-game t5s myself, as I doubt you'd mass Apparitions any more than you'd mass Messiahs or Mistresses.

no one said anything about massing apparition lol
at 20+, any t6 tower is better than goliath/greymane, even azure dragon, so the only none t6 tower u should building past 20 is aura - aka Apparition )

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 pm

New information in first post.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Now, I would like the answers split by time in ltd and highest elo reached (Imo it would be more important to ask for number of games played)

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:59 am

Agreed. There seem to be certain limitations to the format sadly. I still need to attempt to program my own framework for the poll, sadly I lose focus when I sit myself down to try and learn it.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:21 pm

You seriously need to split this between mega and 1200 rules tho.

24% saying landmine is the worst unit means 24% dont have a fucking clue about this game. Must be the same 24% saying ambassador is best.

Return to “Legion TD”