The BIGGEST reason I dislike LegionTD (and how to fix it)

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
supersexyy
Donator

Re: The BIGGEST reason I dislike LegionTD (and how to fix it)

Postby supersexyy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 am

ZinGir wrote:Why does everyone defend intentional ruiners? and wants there stats hidden? unless ofc you like to ruin games aswell.

Nothing is this thread is to do with intentional ruiners, unless of course you are assuming low elo players and game ruiners are one and the same. It seems you're almost self incriminating yourself as a proponent of the problem?? Though that does make sense why you're attempting to shoot down all suggestions.

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am

I mean saying your bad because your in a party of 4 999 elo or less is just sad anyone has the same chances, its just cause they refuse to learn that they stay under 1000 elo.

And sorry if you refuse to learn or to lissen to advice, your just another game ruiner.
Yes i call most of them game ruiners.

Some one has to stand up and just say it, the rest of the players are too friendly still to do what i do. i on the other hand dont. i say when somethings wrong. I aint gonna find sweet little words to discribe them, they have no respect why should i show them any?

Most of those game ruiners name the top 10 players accounts and yell thats m,y main account, so they not only play bad, they slander the top 10 players names every game they play. do i need to keep giving examples, cause then i have to start watching replays and posting whats being said.

Also stop with the fancy words, im an asshole just say that i know it you know everyone knows it.

(im not trying to insult anyone, im just giving the correct name to what they do)

P.S to everything is an exception so not every 999 or less is an ruiner but most are, i actually played with one last night he asked what to do, he had good idea's and we won.
One handed weapons suit me very much. They leave a hand free to preform rude gestures.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 am

Sorry Zingir but your opinion is just lacking. Once you have low ELO, it becomes very hard to get back up again, so basically you either have to be really patient and honestly an outstanding good player to ever get decent ELO, or be willing to make a new account every time some random noob fucks up your ELO. I really don't like the second solution because personally I value the # of games a lot more than I value the winrate or the ELO. Experience means a lot in my eyes. Yes not everyone learns as much when they play 100 games, but if someone shows on their profile they have 500 games played I don't even care that they lost 350 of them. They have enough experience at that point that so long as they are not a bitter piece of fuck like you seem to be then they will understand what to do and be willing to talk and cooperate.

To me ELO and winrates just indicate how big of a stacker you are not how good you are. Experience to me is more valuable than 100% winrate on a 27/0 account.

Each game comes down to RNG on so many levels that I just want to play with people that will talk respectfully, willing to take some advice and give some where needed, and discuss strategy. I don't really want to play babysitter on the team, cuz it sucks. Doubly so when someone needs their hand held for every single decision. That said, I'd much rather be babysitter to someone who listens than someone who thinks they know everything and won't talk to the team. Attitude is such an integral part of the game since you depend on your team to get anything done. It pretty much makes it not worth paying attention to ELO unless you are playing with a four stack of people you know all on Skype so you can properly coordinate and not lose over stupid mistakes over and over.

I have my share of bitterness to be fair which is possibly why I have not been playing Legion for weeks now.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

Thats true @hakuna, if a dude with lets say 813 elo joins and has 500>600 games i dont insult or tell them they suck, all i say is damn you had a baddy streak!

Dont get me wrong i think i mentioned it in an post above they just pushed me too far in the past weeks, but in the last 2 days some of them seem to have noticed talking to me and actually asking stuff works better then naming some random account with 1900 elo and then going mass gnolls.

So yea 30>60 people pissed me off, and 6 peeps who where honest and asked for help made it all better.
One handed weapons suit me very much. They leave a hand free to preform rude gestures.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm

In the end you cut your own flesh by displaying a toxic and condescending attitude towards new players, because our community is very small. However after trying for a while, I find that the ent community does not support players who try to integrate new players. This should be more rewarding than stacking elo.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 pm

And how ?
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:22 pm

How indeed. Making teaching new players rewarding without burning competition at the stake does not sound realistic.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Brandom
Armored Tree

Postby Brandom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Jabba41 wrote:And how ?

Maybe changing elo system so extremely umbalanced matches like 5/25 elo or worse would be automatically 1/29 elo or even 0/30 could work. It would definitely force some players to balance games, at least a bit. I dont really play mega tho so I am not sure if games are stacked as hard as 5/25 often enough to make changes like that.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:51 am

Integration of new players and mutual satisfactory ingame experience could be improved in many ways. The most obvious one would be matchmaking and score adjustments. Just to name a few points - each one offers room for improvements:

More accurate stats:
One of the major problems is that you get punished the most by taking people around 1000 Elo with few games into your team. These people are far from converging to their true Elo score and you will be dragged down or up along the way. This could be addressed:
  • Make it more difficult to smurf or reset stats so that peoples stats reward you with score points more accurately to what you have to endure with them in their team.
  • Use Glicko instead of Elo or anything that takes a broad range of insecurity about a players skill into consideration when giving out win or loss points
  • Separate people with almost no games from the normal matchmaking on public ranked bots

Fairer matchmaking:
Has been discussed here lots of times - see the autobalance debate or as stated above the need to rebalance Elo given out for stacked games.

Each of the uttered suggestions here and in other threads would be a step in the right direction to have a better matchmaking experience and at least reward you with more accurate stats change for games with very inexperienced players. I don't understand how this topic can remain undressed because similar suggestions have been turned down in the past. The status quo is some kind of worst case scenario. That is when I feel that the community does not back up the intaking of new players. Some players may defend the lack of a matchmaking system because they found comfort in abusing flawed mechanisms and I don't know why their voice counts as the wish of the community including players that don't know about the forum or discord.

Another thing is how BRQs are answered. Sends the message that it is your problem how you endure teamkilling that you encounter while dealing with new players, while you gave your freetime to help players grow into the community. It is always a risk to play with a newcomer and you never know if they will completely ignore any advice or try their best. When you dodge new players you don't have to bother with supervising and watching many aspects of the game AND you will most likely not end up writing a BRQ that is denied, because it is not intentional enough for counting as tk.

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am

Augustinus wrote:Integration of new players and mutual satisfactory ingame experience could be improved in many ways. The most obvious one would be matchmaking and score adjustments. Just to name a few points - each one offers room for improvements:

More accurate stats:
One of the major problems is that you get punished the most by taking people around 1000 Elo with few games into your team. These people are far from converging to their true Elo score and you will be dragged down or up along the way. This could be addressed:
  • Make it more difficult to smurf or reset stats so that peoples stats reward you with score points more accurately to what you have to endure with them in their team.
  • Use Glicko instead of Elo or anything that takes a broad range of insecurity about a players skill into consideration when giving out win or loss points
  • Separate people with almost no games from the normal matchmaking on public ranked bots

Fairer matchmaking:
Has been discussed here lots of times - see the autobalance debate or as stated above the need to rebalance Elo given out for stacked games.

Each of the uttered suggestions here and in other threads would be a step in the right direction to have a better matchmaking experience and at least reward you with more accurate stats change for games with very inexperienced players. I don't understand how this topic can remain undressed because similar suggestions have been turned down in the past. The status quo is some kind of worst case scenario. That is when I feel that the community does not back up the intaking of new players. Some players may defend the lack of a matchmaking system because they found comfort in abusing flawed mechanisms and I don't know why their voice counts as the wish of the community including players that don't know about the forum or discord.

Another thing is how BRQs are answered. Sends the message that it is your problem how you endure teamkilling that you encounter while dealing with new players, while you gave your freetime to help players grow into the community. It is always a risk to play with a newcomer and you never know if they will completely ignore any advice or try their best. When you dodge new players you don't have to bother with supervising and watching many aspects of the game AND you will most likely not end up writing a BRQ that is denied, because it is not intentional enough for counting as tk.

This would only benifit low skilled players, and discriminate more advanced players.

Only viable option is to force the newer players to play with them selfs, see how it is when other people throw your game. If they really wanted to learn anything they coulda asked in game or here, but they dont. so why do we have to pay for there neglect?

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 am

Im pretty sure you can learn a lot of tings aswell @ZinGir . Where do you draw the line ?

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 am

This is a suggestion thread. Can it not be derailed into a 'hate on noobs' / 'help Zingir sort out his problems' thread.

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am

@jabba I draw the line when i try to suggest things, and try to be friendly. and then just get flamed and told lies, and i especially hate it when someone else tries to help them and they get flamed. Also your 100% right i need to learn things too, and i ask for help or what my team suggests every now n then.

@supersexyy I dont hate noobs or bad players, nor do i need help with "my problems"(unless you wanna come here n kill me that be fine). its just they went ahed and destroyed any respect and compassion i had for them.

There was a time where i would swap to the noobs side and help them win, had fun win or lose. in the past few months(maybe a year) it has declined into a pool of people who rage when you dont exactly do what they say, or you get flamed for suggesting things. i would say stuff like "Hey dude i dont think that will hold maybe if you add >fill some units name here< and you will hold" and i get the response well im bla bla bla with 2200 elo so you better shut up or your banned. Iam 100% sure no one of that calibur would spam tier 1 units (that obviously will leak like peasants gnolls etc)

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:33 pm

@supersexyy This is a discussion thread, a suggestion would have to be posted in the appropiate section.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
ZinGir (Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:34 pm)

Return to “Legion TD”