The BIGGEST reason I dislike LegionTD (and how to fix it)

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
robizeratul
Basic Tree

The BIGGEST reason I dislike LegionTD (and how to fix it)

Postby robizeratul » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 pm

TL;DR : make player teams random in order to stop the constant rejoining. While also making the games a lot faster ,fairer,more balanced and fun.

my win/lose ratio is 19/39. Does this mean I am a complete noob? Should I just stop playing? Should you disregard my opinion? Instead of speaking about my gaming skill, let me say what usually happens before even starting the game.

Situation 1:

1)I join a game. Other team already has all the high ELO players.
2)I don't leave the game
3)Some high ELO players join our team, writes !scores, and leave.
4) This happens a few times. Soon only players who don't care about ELO/average players/noobs are on our team
5)before game even starts, probably 5-10 players have joined and left the game after seeing our team score
6)We wait 3-5+ min longer than we should just to start a game
7)we probably lose

Situation 2:

1)I join game early.
2)people see my score, they assume I am total noob at the game
3)They all go other team. Same thing happens as in 1. One team has all the high ELO players.
4)we probably lose

Now, lets say I want to improve me ELO I could do 2 things:

a)Get better at the game...problem is, even if I get really good, I will still end up with other average/noob players, so I will still lose a lot.

What I should do is what everyone does:

b)join games again and again. Write !scores and only stay when I am absolutely sure I can win.

Saw many players with 40/3. 50/5 100/10 and so on. Are these guys realky geniuses at the game? No. People like me who stay and just want to play the game get penalized. My score of 19/39 is also not real, because most of the time my team is already disadvantaged... Even if I stay at the same skill and I rejoin games again and again, I could easily get a score of 40/20. Sure it would take some time...but my skill wouldn't need to improve one bit. The same player at the same skill...and yet 20/40 and 40/20 is a huge difference

How to fix it: do it like some other bots, make players go random. Not only will this make games start a lot faster because players don't constantly leave and rejoing, but it will make games fairer and make ELO actually mean something.

point
Forest Walker

Re: The BIGGEST reason I dislike LegionTD (and how to fix it)

Postby point » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 pm

im totally like your idea, but there is no chaces to make it real, because there are many players who love to play with friends, with teammates or without some1 who just annoying the others or something like that

robizeratul
Basic Tree

Postby robizeratul » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:00 pm

maybe it could be a command? so game is always random but if red types in !norandom or something like that...it's disabled.

I don't know about others, but this would make the game much more enjoyable for me

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:04 pm

There have been plenty of suggestions on that matter, @robizeratul .

Feel free to take a look through our archive if you're interested in more information.
viewforum.php?f=43

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:43 pm

I personally could never support it. 50%+ of the time I am playing specifically to hang out with my friends.

The other 50% of the time, I actually enjoy the anti-stacking game, trying to be on the lower ELO team and fight the odds to win. It can be frustrating sometimes when my team is completely horrible and doesn't know the meta, but it's worth it to me for that sweet taste of victory from the underdog position.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

@robizeratul
All those people u ask about, who have like 100/10 score or 50/5 or so, those are just players from 1200 or lihl, who play mega with friends for fun, or for boosting some smurf accounts.

With your score 19/39, all people will assume the moment they see it that you have no idea about this game, and every normal player will dodge you, trying to avoid big tk in game.

My advice to you is that u reset your stats to 0, and start all over. Get yourself positive rank, try to play with better players, listen some advice from them, learn new builds/metas, simple improve your game. Get your account to 1200 elo, and seek for more competitive games in 1200 bot.

I hope this post helps you, gl !
D.S. 1989

robizeratul
Basic Tree

Postby robizeratul » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 am

Vendeta wrote:@robizeratul
All those people u ask about, who have like 100/10 score or 50/5 or so, those are just players from 1200 or lihl, who play mega with friends for fun, or for boosting some smurf accounts.

With your score 19/39, all people will assume the moment they see it that you have no idea about this game, and every normal player will dodge you, trying to avoid big tk in game.

My advice to you is that u reset your stats to 0, and start all over. Get yourself positive rank, try to play with better players, listen some advice from them, learn new builds/metas, simple improve your game. Get your account to 1200 elo, and seek for more competitive games in 1200 bot.

I hope this post helps you, gl !

Your advice is good, but that wasn't my point.

I was saying that I could easily have 40/20 without improving my skills one bit. Just rejoin games again and again until I am in a good team...however I didn't do this. I always stayed in the team I was put in while the other players constantly moved from team to team, left and so on

The fact that every normal player dodges others and tries to find a better team constantly instead of actually just playing the game, is a bad thing...at least in my view.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Dodging bad players is a bad thing ? I dont think so. In mega there are plenty of stubborne new players who dont want to learn and just tk your games. Impossible to play with. Thats what people are dodging.
D.S. 1989

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Let me get this straight, if you were playing in a hockey league and were to pick teammates, you wouldn't mind teaming up with some lower league that scores once every 100 games?

In your case your stats might not reflect your skills, yet how the hell are we supposed to know that?
Hold the door!

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 am

Well one way to tell if the player is worth playing with or worth a dodge is to try talking to them in the lobby. If they don't respond or don't respond well, then it's pretty fair to dodge them based on stats alone, but if they are willing to chit chat and not be toxic then I would say give them a chance. If you then find out they aren't a good teammate, don't cooperate or lose their ability to be a good communicator once in game, then remember their name and avoid them.

That's how I operate anyway. I try to give anyone a chance. Also I personally love to win but I really don't care that much about ELO. I do like to have even games though where both teams seem equally skilled.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

ekzekuciya
Aura Tree

Postby ekzekuciya » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello!
I have bad English, I translated this text via google translater
My idea is this:
- Make team balance (TB) in the games and put the command !votehold, if 3 players accepted then the game becomes without TB mode. (1p start another 3players agreed)
- Allow donators some commands: !swap, !hold. (if donator typed !hold 1, !hold 2, then red and blue gonna stay and another players change positions (TB) *See below
Profits:
1. Players who play with friends can play with friends via command !votehold, or buy premium acc for commands
2. Games will start faster
3. Elo hunters gonna hate and show how really they good. They will match their stats. (or buy premium and abuse ELO with strong players)
4. More donater for ENT
5. More balanced games, and its really interesting

*Staff Member edit*
Donator command incentive has already been denied at the following link
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=124195
Last edited by Unitil on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited strike through for donator command incentives

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Um not to be a wet blanket but what would stop ELO hunters from !votehold voting to be on a stacked team? It's quite common that they are the first ones into a lobby anyway, or early enough that they could do that, right?

I think there are two options:

No freedom, everyone is forced to play in autobalanced games, prevents stacking. (Never going to happen, but this is option 1)

Full freedom, everyone can play on whatever team they want, is essentially 100% equivalent to what you said EXCEPT that your thing requires people to learn codes which honestly is not something that the staff want either. (This is how it's likely to stay for the foreseeable future)
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 pm

the never ending story of autobalance debates.

and they always end the same :D
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 pm

It all started when the Smurf nation attacked.
Hold the door!

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 am

This is really an issue for the community at the moment. I also disagree to the advice to go 1200+, it should be normal to have lower ELO than that and also new players or less active players deserve better matchmaking.

I used to play like the OP and made exactly the same experience. And it is not even intentional, you just don't dodge players and you lose. Right now I know certain players of the community and know with whom its safe to play and I recognize certain teamkillers. Also I made the experience that people with offensive nicks are more likely to make the game uncomfortable obviously... Sad, but right now I would rather write a guide on how to avoid the "right" players in the lobby than on the current game meta.

Autobalancing won't solve this issue; than its just a gamble who gets the teamkilling mates.

Before anyone complains, this is not about bad players or newbies, it is about how trustworthy a player is to play to the best interest of the team.

Return to “Legion TD”