Need Clarification on a rule.

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
SCORPEANrtd
Resource Storage

Need Clarification on a rule.

Postby SCORPEANrtd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 am

Hello, I need some clarification on a rule, since it's brought some confusion to not only myself, but seemingly the entire LTD community as I have seen.
The specific rule is in reference to Anti-Stuck, it being: "Cannot be used to kill-steal your teammate. (Using anti-stuck on units in the middle is allowed.)"

My interpretation of the rule, in the way that it's written (primarily the use of parenthesis to dictate when anti-stuck can be used, while the general rule is about kill-stealing), would lead me to believe that you can use Anti-stuck in order to catch leaks from your teammates (or perhaps even, with permission from your teammate, similar to that of crossing, pickup their remaining creeps, after you finished yours, while they still have units of their own, which, without consent, would be considered kill-stealing). The middle, in this case, would be dictated as red, in this diagram:
Image https://i.imgur.com/LF5niQf.png

However, I was told that this is not the case, by several people including at least one moderator (who was told this by other staff), and that, the middle is dictated as the blue, and using Anti-stuck to pick up leaks in NOT allowed, and is abuse, and therefore bannable. That, you can't use it to pick up kills that leak in the lane, but you can use it to pick up kills in the [blue] middle, after your units teleport.
Frankly, that doesn't make sense to me, because, in my opinion, if the first is abuse, then surely the second is too. Both would be using Anti-stuck for a reason other than their intended purpose.

I'm not sure I've been in a lobby of LTD, where at least one person hasn't used Anti-stuck for its strategic value of catching leaks (or other purposes such as distracting creeps off the king by delaying when your units teleport), so i'm curious if it's actually against the rules or not to do this. And if it is, why are the rules not clearer about it? For example, the 1v1 rules are clear, anti-stuck can ONLY be used if something is actually stuck.

Hopefully I can get some clarification, preferably from someone who wrote the rules, or whoever is primarily in charge of the LTD section of ENT (just so there is no more confusion, as, from personal experience in moderation/administration, staff make mistakes). Thanks
-SCORP

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Need Clarification on a rule.

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 am

Use it in the red area to catch leaks or to help your mate in case he agrees to.
Use it in blue as often as you want.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

SCORPEANrtd
Resource Storage

Postby SCORPEANrtd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:50 am

Jabba41 wrote:Use it in the red area to catch leaks or to help your mate in case he agrees to.
Use it in blue as often as you want.

That's what I would assume, but I have also been told I would be banned if I did so, by other staff, so I just want as much confirmation as possible.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 am

What I told you is the truth.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Panopticon (Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:09 pm)

SCORPEANrtd
Resource Storage

Postby SCORPEANrtd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Jabba41 wrote:What I told you is the truth.

I will trust your word then
These users thanked the author SCORPEANrtd for the post:
Jabba41 (Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:01 pm)

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:02 pm

I've heard and been told and believe that using anti-stuck in the blue area is problematic due to the possibility of hiding units by only using anti-stuck on some units, letting others remain back and unseen, such as for example yggdrasils.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:49 pm

That's not true either.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:46 am

That's quite unusual. I've played in many many games where this was explicitly said by members of both teams.

If it isn't a rule, mind me asking why not? For instance, there is a rule stating,
"Cannot be used to delay or prevent units from teleporting to king with the intention to hide units or to aggro units away from king."
So for instance I've seen many times and felt it was going against the rules when someone would anti-stuck units in the mid that nobody cares if they see it, such as clockwrecks or something, to run forwards and catch the leaks, so that the Yggdrasils or EAs or Blasters, etc, can stay hidden. Usually done as a tactic so that the enemy will feel they can send 7, but you secretly are holding units to counter 7. I thought that given the rule about hiding units this would similarly be frowned upon. Explain?
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 am

The rule state that it's not allowed to try and hide or delay the units from teleporting to the king. So what we get from the rule is that we can hide the troops after they have teleported to the king.

Also the rule just say "intention to hide" which may not be the case a lot of the times. There has been several times when the teams antistuck one player in the middle so he can get the gold for a tower. The intention is therfor not to hide and he can't be banned.

Aswell as it sometimes happens when the units move automatically after being teleported. This would have the same effect as hiding but no one could be punished
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:43 pm

I've played in many many games where this was explicitly said by members of both teams.

It doesnt matter wat people say ingame as long as you follow the rules. Rules dont rely on votes.

See wiki page :
Using anti-stuck on units in the middle is allowed.)

And most importanly:
Cannot be used to delay or prevent units from teleporting to king with the intention to hide units or to aggro units away from king.

-> Notice : Delay or prevent units from Teleporting

Dodonik
Basic Tree

Postby Dodonik » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:56 am

Bump. I feel like this is an important question.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am

One that's been answered? ^
These users thanked the author epicdeath for the post:
Panopticon (Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 pm)

Return to “Legion TD”