Someone please explain something to me

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
Fredbull
Aura Tree

Someone please explain something to me

Postby Fredbull » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Mega is supposed to be the learning ground for new players right? (which is indicated by the need to play Mega before one can play 1200+)

Then can someone explain to me why:

- New players are forced to cross to win ELO, which means they can't learn to play solo lane;
- Cross isn't allowed on 1200+ so this makes 0 god damn sense;

- A game mechanic called "Anti Stuck" (clearly intended for bug fixing) is being used on every round to get gold - if this isn't bad game development then I don't know;
- This """"mechanic"""" is also not allowed on 1200+;

So in short - players get to 1200+ without ever learning how to play the actual game. Does this make sense?

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: Someone please explain something to me

Postby Hakuna » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Too true. Too true.

I am of the opinion that there should be two seperate games, the cross version and the non-cross version. Both should have unranked and 1200+ modes.

Sadly there is a lack of CD keys and lack of general interest from the community.

For learning Legion I think it's definitely important to have a friend or two to play with otherwise you will be relegated to support every time.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am

Can't say the OP isn't right about it. If you want you can adjust the game mode so you cant cross. You just have to announce it in the lobby. And you did not even mention the worst: Merge. This allows you to cover up all major mistaktes that you made pre lvl 10 on your lane.

gloom
Resource Storage

Postby gloom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 am

I think OP has a point, but i'd argue on some details. First of all, i think it's pretty difficult to learn to play on 1200 level by just playing (mega or 1200, anywhere), you need people to help you or look up for guides. Said that, there are plenty of things you can learn even considering the rules difference: the units are the same, waves are the same, etc. A good solo yolo/holder build from mega will also be effective in 1200, so you can practice it on mega, with the advantage of being able to recover from mistakes using antistuck/merging. And you're not forced to cross if you don't want, but it's a good strategy to gain elo, superior than just solo laning.

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:48 pm

On 1200+ antistuck is not simply forbidden-its impossible to use/abuse when the creeps/fighters are not stucked.
But on the last vote we had on this matter the majority of mega players wanted to keep antistuck to compensate for bad teammates.
Its up to the community and Ent if should stay allowed or not.
Personnally i would have the no mid mode as default mode anyway but am not an blizzard employee so i wont force it :)
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
Augustinus (Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:30 am)

MrStrawberry
Aura Tree

Postby MrStrawberry » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Join mega lobby, and get red spot. Announce no mid mode, and play solo lanes, learn builds, etc. Thats the best u can do in mega if u want to learn.

Get 1200 elo, and move to 1200 bot, which is obv far more competitive than mega. Ask for advice when u get on 1200 bot, if u are feeling insecure, im sure most of the people would help you with the transition.

Also u can always watch reply's from other people's games. I would recommend u to watch reply's from some LIHL players if u already want to invest your time in it :)

Later on, u can always try get in LIHL, and get the most competitive games of LTD.

Hope this post was helpfull, good luck.

Fredbull
Aura Tree

Postby Fredbull » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Actually the no mid mode was a great tip, thank you all. And sorry if I seemed too salty on my original post, I was just annoyed at that moment : )

For no mid you just need to type -nm? I'll start doing that actually.

Thanks!

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm

-phgmcbnm would be the mode. but make sure you announce it in lobby so that everyone can see it and may leave in case of dislike.

Fredbull
Aura Tree

Postby Fredbull » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:09 pm

broud3r wrote:-phgmcbnm would be the mode. but make sure you announce it in lobby so that everyone can see it and may leave in case of dislike.

Yeah I wish I'd known that, finally got a game as Red, typed -nm and that didn't work. FML

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I have been playing some games with this mode on my way up to 1200 and apart from the games that were ruined by some douchebags, who did not understand that they could leave the lobby before the game started, my experiences were overwhelmingly positive. Especially noobs did surprisingly well compared to merge/cross games and could take their time to get into the games. Also no ragequits ect much less insults for not building with someone else. We had much more balanced games and calls. I would really love to have this as a default mode. People who want to cross could still put in in the mode.

Return to “Legion TD”