unfair ban

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

DeathWhisperer
Armored Tree

unfair ban

Postby DeathWhisperer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Your Warcraft III username: deathwhisperer
Realm/Gateway: europe
Why are you banned: vk abuse
Why you should be unbanned:
i didnt know which game it was cause i started another post on another player
now i had the time to see the game and the reply log
hmm i started 1 votekick against yunero cause whole game he greifed and flamed
ive never seen anywhere in ent someone getting banned for 1time vkkick
this is the reply of the chat log http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 305029.w3g

EdgeOfChaos

Re: unfair ban

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:07 pm

@deathwhisperer Please keep in mind that any form of votekick abuse, even if it does not pass, is still bannable. Even though we rarely ban for just one or two kicks that go nowhere, it is up to moderator discretion. You would have to ask @halo_mauler why he banned you, but I'm guessing it's because you have many votekick abuse bans already in your history.

Keep in mind that flaming, while against the rules, should generally not be kicked for (and by that point his was not excessive and bannable). What will you do next time instead of votekicking?

DeathWhisperer
Armored Tree

Postby DeathWhisperer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:57 pm

since i got banned for that next time ill ignore him thats the best solution

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm

I believe you started an invalid votekick i will review again
(14:00 / Allied) DeathWhisperer: !votekick ()
(15:49 / Allied) DeathWhisperer: !votekick ()
I dont ban for the first failed/invalid (if it doesnt pass) attempt you started an invalid votekick and attempted to do it again.

DeathWhisperer
Armored Tree

Postby DeathWhisperer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 pm

yes my friend review it again even tho its over now. it was the same attempt to vk him
if you look at the timestamps he provided it is the same because you cant start another vk when 1 is still in progress or you havent waited a few minutes after the first attempt

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Looks like you waited until the first one expired and attempted to do it again am i wrong? It was just too eairly right? Almost 2 minutes after your failed attempt you tried it again.
(14:00 / Allied) DeathWhisperer: !votekick ()
(15:49 / Allied) DeathWhisperer: !votekick ()
@deathwhisperer

DeathWhisperer
Armored Tree

Postby DeathWhisperer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:57 pm

it was less than 2min i typed the 2nd 1 at that time so it coudnt start ik the rules dont worry i report ppl alot of times for violations
you shouldnt of banned me or anyone else for 1vk start
now the thing is that if 1 vk starts and you think its false and it passes thats a different story
i play about 5-10 games per day and in a average of 95% of the games a vk starts that doesnt pass you want me to report all players?
if i do and you ban them even for a day each then they will be no more players to join dota games
read here a random ban request i saw
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=109574
beerlord specifies :One votekick attempt that does not come close to carrying is not considered abuse in most situations.
Denied.

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Different moderators handle cases differently. The point is about banning for the second votekick even though it did not register is that there was intent behind it.

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm

You were banned for votekick abuse before. You started an invalid votekick and attempted to start another this game.
Do not spam or randomly start !votekicks, do not !votekick to avoid being kicked, and do not !votekick without proper reasons. Votekicks are ban-able even if they are not passed since negative intentions can still be assessed and misusing it can lead others to misuse it. Kicks and bans are enforced based on how severe the rule has been violated. ENT keeps the right to enforce punishments as warning.

Return to “Processed Appeals”