rangeban mistake?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

LeviSenchou
Basic Tree

rangeban mistake?

Postby LeviSenchou » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

Your Warcraft III username: DuckLing
Realm/Gateway: west
Why are you banned: 120327 rangeban Chew
I play on ent for dota and lod on rare occasion. I searched for the number on google and found this:
https://entgaming.net/openstats/?bans=&search=rangeban

Why you should be unbanned:

To be honest I do not understand the rangeban. I tried to join a LOD dota game today and found this message.
It seems that the admin Chew range banned me, though I do not know why this was. I use different names at times with different friends I play with, and also travel to s.Korea occasionally for work and this perhaps looked like ip dodging? I really have no idea. Is there any way to rectify this?

I can join normal dota games and legiontd for example still with no issue.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: rangeban mistake?

Postby FalenGa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

Hello @LeviSenchou ,

You are not actually banned. You've just been caught in a range ban, as you noted.

A range ban is a ban on a specific range of IPs, placed to prevent dodgers from further dodging their bans.

The range ban you're on is only active on the LOD bot. Meaning you can freely play every other game hosted by ENT.

Will you be actively playing LOD, or was it just a one time thing?

LeviSenchou
Basic Tree

Postby LeviSenchou » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 am

Thank you for being able to confirm what happened, I was quite confused haha.
I play on a private bot usually, but recently lod has become popular in our group, and we were going to play ent some of us before the rest on, but I was stuck studying instead. :o Would it be possible to be unrangebanned? Sorry, I dont really know much about how it works.
Thank you for your time checking into this for me also!

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm

I am sorry, @LeviSenchou , but removing the range ban is not an option, as the dodger is still active on it.

Our standard procedure in cases like this is to add one of your accounts to our whitelist. While you're playing on a whitelisted account, our range bans won't affect you.

I took the liberty of adding duckling@uswest.battle.net to the whitelist. However, if you want me to transfer it to another account of your choosing, just let me know in this topic.

Keep in mind you can only have one account whitelisted at all times, and you're eligible to change that account once every 2 months.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:57 am

No response, feel free to contact us if you wish to switch your whitelisted user account.
As noted, you're eligible to switch your whitelisted user account once every two months.

Processing.

@LeviSenchou

Return to “Processed Appeals”