Hey Please Unban

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

FeaR-BeaR
Armored Tree

Hey Please Unban

Postby FeaR-BeaR » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:42 am

Your Warcraft III username: overifyouwantit
Realm/Gateway: east
Why are you banned: I didn't votekick an apparent game ruiner in time and so Ive been banned.
Why you should be unbanned: I dont remember the game from last week very much and so i cant give any good reason as to why Ive not votekicked that game ruiner sooner. Although i usually do votekick game ruiners with haste im not sure why i didn't last week, sorry ive not voted and ill try votekick them alot sooner in the future. Thankyou

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Re: Hey Please Unban

Postby Kappa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:02 am

@Fear-BeaR @FalenGa

You can see the reasoning behind your ban here: viewtopic.php?t=128470
I'd review it to learn from your mistakes.

Hello Fear-BeaR,

please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

FeaR-BeaR
Armored Tree

Postby FeaR-BeaR » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 am

Hey

Yeah sure if it helps i will link the votekick rules.

Votekick Rules
-For flaming/verbal conflicts, use bot command, !ignore <name>, and/or Battle.net command, /squelch <name> , instead. Squelching will also block whispers.
- Do not spam or randomly start !votekicks, do not !votekick to avoid being kicked, and do not !votekick without proper reasons. Votekicks are ban-able even if they are not passed since negative intentions can still be assessed and misusing it can lead others to misuse it. Kicks and bans are enforced based on how severe the rule has been violated. ENT keeps the right to enforce punishments as warning.
- Do not abuse !votekick: its only purpose is to kick game ruiners who violate ENT's rules and negatively impact the game for either or both teams in the game.
- You are obligated to !votekick any player that has broken any of ENT's rules. If someone or several indicate that a particular player is game ruining, you, as a player in the game, are obligated to question/check about the situation/claim.
- If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes.
- It is possible to game ruin by being new. In this case, votekick will only be valid if the new player refuses to learn and cooperate. Just because someone is a newbie or bad does not mean he is intentionally game ruining.
- Maphack can only be confirmed once the replay is reviewed after a game. Therefore, it is invalid to initiate a votekick on someone solely due to suspicions.
- When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.
- You are free to refuse to votekick someone when there is lack of evidence/visible rule violation. However, communicate your decision via all chat, too.
- If you are unsure that someone on the opposite team is game ruining, ask the other team for clarification via all chat.

You are responsible for your own vote. Voting for something means you agree with it. You are accountable for what happens with your vote.

Thankyou

Note: I have some clarity on this game after seeing the end game score-board. This game needed a draw not when LMAO was apparently throwing or doing what ever he was doing or not doing. The player in particular was either a very good troll or just your general new/not very good player. Even then it could have been drawn and was not. At some point my Wind-runner left the game who also IMO was just as horrible in all factors of DotA play as our Anti-Mage.. even then there was no draw. In light of all that my not votekicking my one team mate in a 4v5 who could actually bring a win together by staying and playing it out.. didn't need a votekick as much as it needed the game to continue as it was 4v5 with the horrible worse then Anti-Mage Windrunner who effectively ruined it more then AM could by Leaving like they had. The whole of the sentinel team not drawing so the game could be left to no ones fault safely and calmly join a fresh new game in hope of having a better chance at a fun and proper game.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:42 am

You linked the rules but i don't think you actually read them, @FeaR-BeaR .
If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes.

How is windrunner leaving relevant to anti-mage intentionally feeding? He kept attacking with low hp in 1v3+ situations, didn't even try to back off/blink.

Also this :
Do not deceive players about rules in an attempt to get them banned/to force them to do something they are not obligated to. For example, telling users to draw or they would get banned is deceiving as drawing is a mere vote and not mandatory.

FeaR-BeaR
Armored Tree

Postby FeaR-BeaR » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:29 pm

I suggested not drawing could have them reported and thus banned. I cant ban people and so i dont.
I get the feeling the draw would have us all happily moven on but instead all of this. Even if anyone suggested after hes kicked we would draw, like a good sported and friendly ENT player would. idk. it is what it is , its done. Instead of having said disputes in games between the players we have all of this. Thanks for the note of doubt friend but i can assure you i have read.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am

Ban expired.

Return to “Processed Appeals”