me baronhelmuth@useast.battle.net got unreasonable ban

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

baronhelmuth
Basic Tree

me baronhelmuth@useast.battle.net got unreasonable ban

Postby baronhelmuth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 am

Your Warcraft III username: baronhelmuth
Realm/Gateway: @useast.battle.net
Why are you banned: I was on team west. Some guy on team east went afk, so we waited like 5-7 minutes on him with pause. He didnt respond, so we kicked him. We tried to draw before we kicked him, but missed it by 1 vote, because the guy was afk. After we kicked him, we didnt want to play 4v3 (I was on the 4-man team), we were really fair and tried to draw. Therefore we made a new draw vote, and again 1 guy was lacking to vote. The remaining team east guys said it was yellow, and he didnt respond. I Questioned "Yellow?" in all say chat, and they responded: "Edstr420nd: kick him and draw since he wont answer and BestLTDPlayer: "he is the one not drawing" BestLTDPlayer: "or answering". So based on what his two teammates said, I anticipated he went afk because he thought it was already draw. So I did like the rest, we kicked him, so it was 2v4, and then we instant draw and took a new game. And now the guy reported us for misuse votekick.
Why you should be unbanned: Because I had all good intentions the entire game. I was on the team who played 4 versus 3, and could have just played and didnt care. Instead I was a good guy and tried to make a draw, and that comes back to haunt me with a 4 days ban. It is higher because I am repeated offender, but jesus christ, I have played like 300 games the last 6 months, once in a while people manage to completely tilt you, and in all episodes where I get ban, my teammate could have gotten ban aswell, but I dont know how to do it. This website is so confusing to me.

baronhelmuth
Basic Tree

Re: me baronhelmuth@useast.battle.net got unreasonable ban

Postby baronhelmuth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 am

Original ban thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133171&p=515728&hilit=baronhelmuth#p515728

As you see in post, OP even write: "Any further thoughts: there is no rule to draw or to chat, but vk abuse is banable. all need ban.". He apparently saw we were writing to check if he is afk, and then just consciously ignored us. lol. :?: :?: :?:

Replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 234755.w3g

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello baronhelmuth,

please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

baronhelmuth
Basic Tree

Postby baronhelmuth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ng:VKRules

Under General Rules, bullet point 7, Vote Kick Rules:

"If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes."

The game was broken, so everybody wanted to draw. One guy didnt draw, and his teammates said he was afk. As you can read in my original post I clarify it further. He did not respond in chat, so I typed !yes. Now I am banned 4 days for votekick abuse. Unfair in my opinion. If I did not type yes, I would possibly be a banned due to not kick a game ruininer according to rules. When I type yes, I get banned for votekick abuse. You see the dilemma :D? I cannot see if he is afk. I cannot see his buildings. His teammates said he was afk, and i get ban :(

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Approved.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Processed Appeals”