Ban appeal after drawing a game

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

sadface
Resource Storage

Ban appeal after drawing a game

Postby sadface » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 am

Your Warcraft III username: sadface
Realm/Gateway: europe
Why are you banned: Because I, with 7 other people, drew a game the admin didn't want us to draw.
Why you should be unbanned: The situation is pretty simple: we were in the lobby for a long time trying to find that last player. Some of us were talking, some others were idling. Who knows. Red (the admin who actually banned us all) joined last or second last. He apparently announced another mode than the auto one (so he says) but I didn't see it. It might be true. But we didn't see it. Everything was too fast between bot messages, people talking, etc.
From there of course we all wanted to draw it but red. We drew the game and now got banned. Really? I would completely understand being banned for leaving the game as it is a fault. But being banned because 7 people agreed on drawing a mode they didn't agree on? What are your thoughts.

Thanks for reading me,

Sadface

Zeratul

Re: Ban appeal after drawing a game

Postby Zeratul » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm

[System]: Waiting for 3 more players before the game will automatically start.
[System]: *** player [Jabba41] has joined the game

[Jabba41]: -pr is mode

No idea if you had already joined or not (given ur username is wrong, since there was no sadface in this game), however he announced it at least 2 times (ensuring all 7 players, besides him, were aware of the gamemode and could leave in case they dind't want to play it); he even took the time to inform you, ingame, that if you draw the game, due to not liking the mode, you would be banned, so what else did you want? Cookies and milk with it? oO

Same logic applies as the other appeal - Actually Jabba joined when 2 other players were missing, and he announced it more than once - So if you were afk and dind't read it, that's on you, not him.

poilut
Resource Storage

Postby poilut » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 pm

"when 2 other players were missing"
Guess who those 2 were. He didn't mention it to 2players out of 7.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:17 pm

poilut wrote:"when 2 other players were missing"
Guess who those 2 were. He didn't mention it to 2players out of 7.

Cute, but no - at least if you wanna pull something that stupid out of your ass, get your facts right.

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/dow ... 506908.txt

Code: Select all

[System]: *** player [Jabba41] has joined the game
[System]: [Jabba41@entconnect] has played 6 Legion TD Mega games here (ELO: 1024.41). W/L: 4/2.
[System]: Waiting to start until players have been pinged: Jabba41, RazowyChlyb
[System]: Waiting for 1 more players before the game will automatically start.
[System]: *** player [RazowyChlyb] has left the game (was kicked for not spoof checking within 20 seconds)
[Gatten]: nah
[System]: Players not yet spoof checked: Bronit
[System]: Waiting to start until players have been pinged: Bronitax

So all players were ingame when he informed (In case you don't get how - let me explain it to you "Waiting to start until players have been pinged" - meaning all 8 slots were occupied by players, and you can see he announced the mode right there) - try again.

poilut
Resource Storage

Postby poilut » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Alright. I will take the 12 hour ban. Still think it's pathetic that he bans 5people for this. I thought this game was suposed to be competitative with 1 mode.
Edit: I think you can also guess I did not see this chat.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 pm

poilut wrote:Alright. I will take the 12 hour ban. Still think it's pathetic that he bans 5people for this. I thought this game was suposed to be competitative with 1 mode.

If you read the rules, copy/paste them here, and acknowledge the fact that:

A) It was on your end that you dind't notice the mode announcement
B) Draw isn't mandatory, and on cases like this, it is considered abusive

Mods should have no problem reducing or even unbanning you

poilut
Resource Storage

Postby poilut » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:32 pm

I do actknowledge that this was my bad, but this admin even banned people who wanted to play the mode and simply draw because we asked to. I find that a bit much. Also, that draw rule being abussive is mostly there to prevent teams from drawing when they're losing right? We never forced the other team to draw nor did we threathen them. Even though draw isn't mandatory, it should not be bannable to draw when another team asks you to at lvl3.

(not defending my case atm, but the ones that drawed on the opposite team)

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Now that we're finally speaking and discussing things as they are:

Draw isn't mandatory, under any circumstance - that's the first thing, however drawing still occurs (when people have a leaver/disconnect, tk'er, etc.), and in these cases, it's okay if people decide to draw (Forcing a draw, such as "draw or be banned", will end up in a ban for you, even if people are acting like dicks for not drawing, forcing you to play 3vs4 or worse - After 1 person leaves in LTD, you are free to leave the game, without getting banned, but you still win/lose the elo, depending on game result at the end) but you can ask for a draw in these cases, and if they accept, it's fine

However in the case that occured, it is considered an abuse of the command !draw - Red has the possibility to change the gamemode, and while not all might agree with the mode, as long as red announces it with enough time in lobby (He has to announce it before countdown begins, and usually helps announcing it more than once), you can leave the lobby and join the next game: Staying in the game, means you accept playing that mode, and so drawing the game just cause you don't like the mode, is not acceptable;

So to sum:

Yes, you can draw and ask for draw when theres a leaver/disconnect or you got some noob/troll, and see if people accept
No, you can't force people to draw, or tell them it's bannable not to draw (since draw isn't mandatory)
No, you can't draw due to not liking the mode (as long as it is announced with enough time)

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Ban has expired.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”