Unban me

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

CreepyNoob
Armored Tree

Unban me

Postby CreepyNoob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:24 am

Your Warcraft III username: Majalulo
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: Leave and after ban dodge
Why you should be unbanned: I got banned for leave long time ago (almost a year if i remember right) and changed ip to play again , so i got banned again for ban dodge , administrator was "Inti" or something like that, I'd like to play , need to be unbanned , i dont think 1 year ban is fair for leaving a game and the dodging the ban ... thanks.

kasper699
Treant

Re: Unban me

Postby kasper699 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:50 am

dodging a ban is an major offence its equal to maphacking

CreepyNoob
Armored Tree

Postby CreepyNoob » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 am

You are indeed wrong , I'm sure dodging is not a good action , but map hacking it is a major offence , you're just an idiot that can't see the difference , or some bored kid without anything to do , so spam other people's appeals/requests.

Besides, I came here to make appeal to do the right thing, otherwise I could do again what I did and just dodge the ban , but as I said , you are just an idiot.

Alexxino7
Armored Tree

Postby Alexxino7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 am

Dodging a ban is an major offence. Its equal to maphacking.

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:49 am

We consider dodging a major offense. There is nothing unfair about it, this is how we handle dodging. I understand that you dont want to be banned for a year and this is what appeals are for. But then you have to give us a reason why you should be unbanned. And the only "reason" I see here is you saying, that it is unfair.

CreepyNoob
Armored Tree

Postby CreepyNoob » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:42 pm

the REASON is the same reason everyone would say "I want to play" there are no other reason I make an appeal. And for my it is unfair that dodge is consider as mhing, butthat's just my opinion.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 pm

CreepyNoob wrote:And for my it is unfair that dodge is consider as mhing, butthat's just my opinion.

Dodging is not considered as mhing, that's a misconception which lead to your argument. The "consequence" of dodging is considered the same as the consequence of mhing, meaning the "offense" is taken as "serious" as mhing. The difference? No, it is not the same as mhing as though you are cheating with a 3rd party program, but the severity of the consequence is the same b/c it is a "serious" offense. In fact, my opinion is that it should be "heavier" than mhking.

Reason: MH is a hard consequence, I agree. BUT MH is still "breaking" a rule in the game and then taking the consequence. Ban dodging is not "merely" breaking the rule in the game, it is circumventing the system which guide the rules of the game. That's one level higher than breaking a rule in the game, the offense takes "outside the game." In fact, you cannot ban dodge unless you have first already been banned. So thus, it should be considered even MORE serious than rule breaking.

So part of your misconception is that it is a 1 year ban and that's it. In fact, the mods here are quite understanding in this regard and first ban dodge offenses have a high chance of being reduced in an appeal if your attitude is correct. They have a system in place in which they will make sure you serve part of that time undodged and then you will be unbanned. Banning is to educate players, not to punish them. If your attitude is constantly blaming mods, blaming the rules, etc... you are only showing your disregard for the rules, the system, etc... so you will not get a sympathetic ear.

You break a rule, you need to own up to it. If you feel it is unfair, you appeal. You try to circumvent the system, then you're just showing complete disrespect and disregard for the system, the mods, the community, and the players.

CreepyNoob
Armored Tree

Postby CreepyNoob » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:03 am

Not gonna quarell about it sir. I wanna play , made my point , you've your opinion , I have mine , nothing wrong with it.
You're taking this too far by telling me I'm disrespecting players. systems blabla.

You certainly lack experience in how things work. My attitude it is correct but you saying that if I dislike anything , then It is not correct? Aren't we free to think what we want?. Besides, I did take my part of the fault , I said my action wasn't good , but I sat my ban 1 year already , now made appeal , what's your problem? Wanna earn merits to get mod with that justice speech? go somewhere else please. I just wanna play , stop spamming the thread, thanks.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 am

@CreepyNoob

Nevertheless, nitromon is correct. You don't simply come in here guns blazing throwing insults at everyone telling you the truth. Ban dodging is a capital offense here at ENT and is treated with the same consequence as it is with maphack. Whether you've disagree with this or not, is irrelevant. This is our system, our rules and they've not changed in ages nor do they plan to.

That being said, and if you've ready to move forward in your appeal -

Do you understand what you did was wrong? If put in the same situation where you fall under a ban for game ruining/other sorts, will you act on the same actions? Following this,

Please link me the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, I can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking me to the rules, I expect you to have read them. Cooperating will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Do note that cooperation on appeals is both expected and appreciated. As stated before, you've entitled to your opinion on our rules but that will not change how they work and you will follow them the same as the rest of our community.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

CreepyNoob
Armored Tree

Postby CreepyNoob » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:05 pm

@Merex

I do understand what I did wrong ,I'm acquainted with rules 'cause I've been administrator in other DotA' communities, before they went down with last patch. Regardless that , here I link the rules that I broke that time :

.Do not leave before the game has certainly ended, especially if no other player has left.

.Do not dodge your bans. Dodging is defined as playing on a different account while being banned on another account, often by a (purposely triggered) change of the IP. Dodging is considered a major offense equal to maphacking.

Source : http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules

Summing it up , I'm looking forward to be unbanned already, my ban lenght has been already 1 year as I stated before.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:20 pm

@CreepyNoob Approved.

You should be able to play now. DM me for any further concerns.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Processed Appeals”