Unban Jupiter 67 @Unitil

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

kallezein
Aura Tree

Unban Jupiter 67 @Unitil

Postby kallezein » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Jupiter67
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: I was clearly banned cause my son woke up and i let him sleep. Urgent where i had to try to let him fall asleep again.
Family matters , i am really sorry for that that the team suffered.
I was told its better to leave and let the team handle the situation.

Why you should be unbanned:
Cause i really dont like to ruin games intentionley and i never do actually.

@Unitil Can you find it in your heart to please unban me ?

would much appreciate it .

Regards

Astros
Protector of Nature

Re: Unban Jupiter 67 @Unitil

Postby Astros » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=142190&p=550380#p550380

Re: @rain- , banned? :)

Postby kallezein » June 20th, 2019, 7:07 am
This is what rule have been breaking.

Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer.

Yes sir i will change my attitute, i am really really sorry. Next time someone of the admins ban me i will take the punishment without
doing any appeal, cause then i violated a rule again

Can i please get an unban now?

@rain-
Thanks mate

Happened less than a week ago.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

kallezein
Aura Tree

Postby kallezein » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:32 pm

But this is different man, this time it wasent my fault, the other times was my fault

I told them my son woke up. Thats why i had to afk.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:34 pm

I want to process this and unban you as you do genuinely seem apologetic, the only issue I am having is that you are saying that it isn't your fault. I do understand that your son is a priority over Dota and I respect that, however, if there is a chance you need to go AFK for extended periods of time I would recommend you simply not play instead as it can ruin the game for every other player who just wants to enjoy some gaming.

If you acknowledge why you were banned and understand that in future if you do go AFK for whatever the reason the ban will stick for the full duration next time, I will be happy to process your appeal and unban you on this occasion. I just need it to be clear that you understand that even if you have to AFK because of family reasons or anything else, you negatively impact 9 other people in a big way who just want to enjoy their games.

Thank you.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:36 pm

SnowwyWolf wrote:I want to process this and unban you as you do genuinely seem apologetic, the only issue I am having is that you are saying that it isn't your fault. I do understand that your son is a priority over Dota and I respect that, however, if there is a chance you need to go AFK for extended periods of time I would recommend you simply not play instead as it can ruin the game for every other player who just wants to enjoy some gaming.

If you acknowledge why you were banned and understand that in future if you do go AFK for whatever the reason the ban will stick for the full duration next time, I will be happy to process your appeal and unban you on this occasion. I just need it to be clear that you understand that even if you have to AFK because of family reasons or anything else, you negatively impact 9 other people in a big way who just want to enjoy their games.

Thank you.

This would result in him stopping to play at all, since it is simply impossible to calculate when you have to take care of kids.I appreciate your take on this, but it is not doable imo.
For being a responsible parent i strongly support an unban aswell.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Anda wrote:
SnowwyWolf wrote:I want to process this and unban you as you do genuinely seem apologetic, the only issue I am having is that you are saying that it isn't your fault. I do understand that your son is a priority over Dota and I respect that, however, if there is a chance you need to go AFK for extended periods of time I would recommend you simply not play instead as it can ruin the game for every other player who just wants to enjoy some gaming.

Thank you.

This would result in him stopping to play at all, since it is simply impossible to calculate when you have to take care of kids.I appreciate your take on this, but it is not doable imo.
For being a responsible parent i strongly support an unban aswell.

It would not have to result in that though and if someone has to keep going AFK for excessive periods of time every few games do you think that would be fair on all the other players who this impacts? Another issue is if we have exceptions for when we are lenient on certain rules, anyone can use that excuse every single time to avoid punishment, whilst I do not think it is the case here I am sure you could see how easily it could be abused if we treat different reasons for going AFK to others. The best way to apply the rule is at face value, we cannot simply change durations or keep undoing bans because of family reasons.

As I say, if this happens in a 40 minute game, this means that 9 people have just potentially wasted 40 minutes of their time on a game just for it to be ruined. Unless any other staff members disagree with me here I will process this AFK like I would any other, regardless of the reason. We do give chances but there has to be limits.

Proof of my claims being the fact that the vast majority of players manage to play full games without getting banned or reported for going AFK, issues can happen but not consistently, that wouldn't be viable to allow that. If you do not know when you suddenly have to stop playing to take care of the kids you have options :
- Politely ask to go AFK and risk being reported / banned if it is excessive.
- Do not play games when you may have to go away for an excessive period of time without notice.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:28 pm

I know you cant run it like that for obvious reasons, i thought it was clear that i made a sarcastic comment about the unban, appearantly my limited english skills tked me :D
just wanted to point out with kids ur never guaranteed you dont have to afk while ingame :) Sadly you cant unban on those terms in an open community i guess, for obvious reasons.
Sry my joke didnt work out like i planned to do ^^
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 pm)

kallezein
Aura Tree

Postby kallezein » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm

First of all i wanna thank you for listening.
Second of all i wanna also say thank you for understanding my situation. I think that everything is clear regarding what so ever on what is going to happen in the future.
Your right people are suffering from others who goes afk.
But honestly i am not reaping this 10-20 times. But we are discussing this now and i understand what you have written below

''If you acknowledge why you were banned and understand that in future if you do go AFK for whatever the reason the ban will stick for the full duration next time, I will be happy to process your appeal and unban you on this occasion. I just need it to be clear that you understand that even if you have to AFK because of family reasons or anything else, you negatively impact 9 other people in a big way who just want to enjoy their games''

I fully accept this and the next time it dosent matter what it is i will not ask for an unban and let the ban be.

@SnowwyWolf
Last edited by kallezein on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallezein
Aura Tree

Postby kallezein » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 pm

@anda
Its me kunkka- from OHS :) long time!
havent seen you in a whilre, you can ask Anda, i never leave or anything.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Thank you and I hope I'm not coming across as being too harsh. Believe me when I say I understand your family obligations and how they do indeed come first but as we discussed I also have to consider the impact on 9 other members of the community.

Thank you for being understanding and engaging in an amicable way.

Appeal granted, unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”