G4NG / Please review

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

G4NG
Aura Tree

G4NG / Please review

Postby G4NG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Your Warcraft III username: G4NG
Realm/Gateway: entconnect
Why are you banned: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=143232&p=554165&hilit=g4ng#p554165
Why you should be unbanned:

With all due respect Flenga but have you watched the replay? just cause he was reported before does not mean this was a game ruin on his part.

Why is it implied that I have to votekick one on another persons request?

for sniper to point out creep score is pretty insulting since he was farming all game not playing with the team!

sniper was solo bot all game,
first time he engages in ANY fight is 13 minutes game time (16 minutes replay time) the team score is 5 13 at this point.

so sniper is k/d/a 1 2 3 (total 6 engagements at 26 minutes game time 29:19 replay time! team scores are 14/27 at this point, he has been farming all game and hardly playing as a team. Not a single participation in team fight. He was dead, revives back, types
(29:09 / Allied) 9zavdio: -afk
(29:12 / All) 9zavdio: mort keeps afkin
(29:14 / All) 9zavdio: he is 8 lvl
(29:17 / All) 9zavdio: !votekick mucu

mort was 1 7 3 not a great score but he has been in team fights and was being ganked. that's a total of 11 engagements more then double of sniper at this point.

This was a votekick abuse! you cant kick one for having a bad day! and one does not have to vote !yes when there is no clear game ruin or intentional feeding involved, this could be a votekick abuse!

The only time sniper speaks is when typing -afk and or trying to get mort kicked, when he clearly has no involvement in team fights or the game.

sniper not team fighting in mid lane 27 minutes (30:30 replay time)

31 minutes (34 minutes replay time) sniper killed by slark
(33:58 / All) 9zavdio: mort afk at fountain
(34:00 / All) 9zavdio: 6th time
(34:03 / All) 9zavdio: kick or report
(34:03 / Allied) gozman: !ff
(34:10 / All) 9zavdio: !votekick mucu
(34:18 / All) 9zavdio: playin 4v5 all time
(34:21 / Allied) 9zavdio: !yes
(34:22 / Allied) 9zavdio: ppl
(34:24 / Allied) 9zavdio: or report
(34:31 / Allied) G4NG: report wht?
(34:36 / Allied) 9zavdio: refuse 2 votekick
(34:42 / Allied) 9zavdio: he is 9 lvl perma afk
(34:43 / Allied) G4NG: why kick?
(34:51 / Allied) 9zavdio: all time afk mort
(34:57 / Allied) 9zavdio: 1-9
(34:59 / Allied) G4NG: 9 ur 14 not like ur 20
(35:17 / Allied) 9zavdio: he is still afk all the time
(35:18 / Allied) 9zavdio: bannable
(35:21 / Allied) 9zavdio: no kick = ban too

mid rax is lost and the game is over at this point!

I agree mort was afking every time he died, but this was not excessive and/or detrimental to the game. I blame sniper for the loss and not mort! he was farming all game, bot lane and jungle never with team!

It was odd that a sniper not getting killed in a game where there is bara and slark in the opposite team, he managed to avoid detection all game, never bought a single ward (obs or sent).

I have suspicion that sniper was hacking. I don't want to waste my time checking for a hack! but here is an instance worth your consideration
19 minutes 22:27 goes back seeing slark coming, there is no logic behind his move, Axe was near by in jungle, we had ward at bot river, mort was next to him bot lane, yet as soon as slark approaches he leaves the creeps and heads back. ^^

G4NG
Aura Tree

Re: G4NG / Please review

Postby G4NG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 pm

Plus I would like to add here that its not fair on me!

I was wrongfully banned earlier for 2 days only for an admin to unban me 2 hours before the expiry of that ban! and now I'm banned again unfairly.

I think there should be more consideration given to the fact that I have never ever ruined a game and or violated any rules. yet when someone new comes in and reports me shouldn't there be consideration given that the person reporting might be mistaken/wrong?

Considering there were only 2 votekicks involved in the game and both were initiated by sniper!and also reported on forum by sniper! just being under leveled is not a rule and I cant vote kick someone for that!

plus sniper had no games on his !sd so during the game its difficult to establish if he is genuine or just a troll, trying to get mort kicked for his items. If he thinks mort was violating the rules he should report him after the game and not make decisions about kicking him in game its not fair for mort and its not fair on us to be expected to vote !yes for someone like this. There is no escape if I had voted !yes then mort would have come on here and reported for Votekick abuse, which is something everyone who voted !yes should consider before typing !yes. and then what I would have a ban again for voting !yes?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:09 am

Hello @G4NG ,

Obviously, i did watch the replay. We don't just ban people because they are reported.

What i saw on that replay was mortred constantly going afk and coming back after 2-3 minutes, then dying due to the outfarmed/outleveled opponents. Then rinse and repeat. He ended the game 1-14, and if you actually count, you'll see he spend the biggest part of it afk and/or dead. If that does not constitute game ruining to you, it does to ENT.

Deaths are not consired team fights, and getting ganked yet refusing to learn from it is not a great defense on mortred's behalf. As you noted yourself, at 29 minutes he was level 8. That's absurd and self evident.

As with any and all game ruiners in ENT, you, as a player in the game, share the responsibility of votekicking them out once they reach that point. Refusing to do so may result in penalties. Allowing game ruiners to freely do whatever they please is not going to improve the situation.

As for what sniper did/did not during the game, if you believe he broke a rule, you should report him. If you believe he is map hacking, you should gather evidence and report him. However, this appeal is in regards to your actions, not sniper's.

G4NG
Aura Tree

Postby G4NG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 am

Hi

I'm not advocating mort s innocence he is banned fair enough, but during the game it's very difficult to establish such offense and as such should be reported after the game. As far as I was concerned in-game, he was actually more of a help then sniper. For me being banned for not voting was as per my fair judgement, is unfair. It's not like he was diving in 5 and getting killed or grieving at fountain. We all were low scorers in that game not just mort. That's no reason to kick, yes he was under leveled but many heroes are, it's not like he was 8 and all the others were 20+. Level 12, 13 is not far off.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:19 am

Level 12 is 150% more than level 8. And that's without considering the increased requirements for later levels.

He wasn't being kicked for diving 5v1 or griefing. He was being kicked for going afk several times, interfering with his team's chances to win. It doesn't matter how bad the game was, it doesn't matter how bad your team was doing. Going afk is bannable and kickable.

G4NG
Aura Tree

Postby G4NG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:33 am

Come on mate, that's not fair.. one it's not 150% more its 50% more, as per your logic if I'm level 4 and my team is at level 2 thats 100% more I should kick them all out?

You said it yourself in your first post that if you actually count the amount of times he goes afk. One can only count after the game not during the game..

Like I said I'm not advocating mort s innocence, I'm only giving my perspective and that's as per in game not after the game. I watched the replay and I agree mort should be banned for being afk. But that conclusion is based on watching the replay. During the game it was judgement that mort was having a bad day. And sniper did not communicated his afk with us, he only spoke to kick him.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 am

Every single other person in the game voted on at least 1 of the votekicks. You were the only one who refrained from it, twice.

Looks like sniper did inform you he was afk. He didn't just wanna randomly kick him.

(29:09 / Allied) 9zavdio: -afk
(29:12 / All) 9zavdio: mort keeps afkin
(29:14 / All) 9zavdio: he is 8 lvl
(30:01 / All) 9zavdio: he is 8 lvl perma afk
(33:58 / All) 9zavdio: mort afk at fountain
(34:00 / All) 9zavdio: 6th time
(35:17 / Allied) 9zavdio: he is still afk all the time

G4NG
Aura Tree

Postby G4NG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:50 am

It's ok FlenGa, there is no point beating about the bush.. 29:09 to 35:17 during the 6 minutes he was trying to get him kicked? It's not informing us its giving reason to kick him.. that's counted as one instance..

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am

Look, given was clean history i don't want to drag this any further.

The important thing you should note from our conversation is that going afk is kickable and bannable. When a votekick is initiated, you need to investigate what's up and make a decision which you'll express with your vote or lack of.

Any user breaking one of our game ruining rules ( see our wiki page for further info on that ) is eligible for a votekick, in which everyone must participate. Not doing so comes with consequences.

Appeal approved.

Return to “Processed Appeals”