READ: REGARDING SYLLABEAR STRATEGY

Believe you were banned unfairly? Appeal here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Forum rules
Do not modify the format: Write your information after the brackets and fill in the topic title (subject). For more information, please read here.
Astros
Protector of Nature

READ: REGARDING SYLLABEAR STRATEGY

Postby Astros » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:10 am

Only using the bear and leaving your hero at the fountain is no longer allowed. If you are to play syllabear, you must use the hero.

Also, if your bear dies and you refuse to leave the fountain with your hero because your summon bear skill is on cooldown, you will be banned for griefing.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

nitromon
Treant

Re: READ: REGARDING SYLLABEAR STRATEGY

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:32 pm

lol... what's next? dagon on bara, riki, bh, spectre banned too? Actually let's ban the item dagon altogether bc it really makes no sense.

I took a year off, it was great to get away from the toxicity of this place. miss the game a bit, but if we're going to be restricting creative builds and only groupthink what is acceptable to the cliche norms, then forget it. this place already down to a handful of die hard players. soon it will only be filled with the master_pains, bobbies, etc... as legit players leave.

bear only sylla has been discussed to death, you were in that discussion. unless the reasoning behind it has been proven false, what reason is there to restrict this build? people keep talking about the skill level of this place dropping, yet things like this only enables that. i noticed a shift in the players in my 1 year absence. no longer people concern themselves with roles such as lane pushers, map controllers, etc.. it is all just everyone out for themselves. rarely had good games where teamwork was involved.

perhaps it really is time to move on from this place.
These users thanked the author nitromon for the post (total 2):
zionreturning (Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:58 pm) • tweedepan (Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:59 am)

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:42 pm

should furion be allowed to only play with treants and leave his hero at the fountain? should lycan only summon wolves and leave his hero at the fountain? should warlock only play with his golem and leave the hero at the fountain? hmm u comparing sylla at fountain to dagon bara is like comparing apples to oranges. If this rule is whats making you leave the server, then perhaps its really time for you to go.
These users thanked the author plzbanruiners for the post (total 2):
zionreturning (Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:59 pm) • Bobalhao (Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:15 am)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:43 pm

Check this one: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12194281

Recently played dual book sylla build. It is all about outpushing. When the enemy team raxxed us, I tp to push, take out their raxes while they struggle to take ours. Team was upset at first, groaning I didn't defend until they see me take out towers and rax in a single push. Enemy team completely dumbfounded bc they thought the could rax us and finish at 30 mins. This build turned the tables.

But it is an unorthodox build. How long until you ban this build too? Yeah, they're right. Skill level of this place really is lowering below the bar.
Last edited by nitromon on Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:45 pm

plzbanruiners wrote:should furion be allowed to only play with treants and leave his hero at the fountain? should lycan only summon wolves and leave his hero at the fountain? should warlock only play with his golem and leave the hero at the fountain? hmm u comparing sylla at fountain to dagon bara is like comparing apples to oranges. If this rule is whats making you leave the server, then perhaps its really time for you to go.

False equivalency argument. You are comparing a bunch of timed trees to a unit that is both bulk and able to build items. Either way, the discussion for this build strategy still exist in the forum, this is all being talked to death. There was a player who was upset and so he used jug and rushed a radiance and walked around claiming it was the same. It is not.

I won't waste my time arguing with people using logical fallacy. Unless the original discussion is now invalid, what reason is there to ban this strategy? What is next? Soon only 1 build per hero? Spectre must get radiance? No radiance spectre is banned?

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:45 pm

delete, duplicate post.
Last edited by nitromon on Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:49 pm

oh if timed units is the case, should visage play only with his birds? should chen only play with his units ? idc what u discussed in the past rules can change, in this case i will agree its for the better of the community.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:50 pm

plzbanruiners wrote:oh if timed units is the case, should visage play only with his birds? should chen only play with his units ? idc what u discussed in the past rules can change, in this case i will agree its for the better of the community.

Again that's false equivalency argument. Do you even understand what a false equivalency argument means? Can vis' birds build items? Can it tank? It is not the same. Your arguments are faulty and invalid. You are arguing emotionally, not logically.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:54 pm

No i actually want to give ur strategy a fair shot but in no scenario is it not griefing. Youre deciding the parameters of this strategy, when i can claim the same with visage they dont need to tank when they can just stun and damage then run away. Chen creeps can tank and damage and i can heal them with then chen and recall them back. OH WAIT they cant buidl items.... hmm maybe i should build items on a courier and accompany them with dagon to fit ur criteria. Keep trying to win this argument tho its cute.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 pm

What's happening here is that you're running out of players and instead of teaching them to play, you're enabling their lack of skills. Oh, many players do not understand sylla bear build, they find it annoying, and don't know how to work with one, so let's just ban it instead. Right?

I wrote a lengthy guide on sylla builds, explaining each build's function and role in the game. Too complicated? Let's dumb it all down for the status quo. Well, no wonder this place is becoming more toxic and dumber.

It is equivalent to say since highschool literacy rate is dropping, we'll just drop literacy requirement for graduation to get more kids to graduate rather than teach them to read.

It's not just a reflection of some 30 yr old video game, but a good reflection on the nation and humanity in general. We're not headed in a good direction if this is any indication.

Q.E.D.
These users thanked the author nitromon for the post:
zionreturning (Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:03 pm)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:02 pm

plzbanruiners wrote:No i actually want to give ur strategy a fair shot but in no scenario is it not griefing.

No scenario "you understand." That's the correct information. Again, I do not like repeating myself. I have recently played sylla bear only build quite successfully since returning from a year break. Yet, in the original discussion and how it came about, there was one game, which we were pinned in bc my teammates chose a bunch of agil heroes while the enemy had a early game heroes such as nukers. They took out our outer towers leaving us to turtle. Sylla bear only build at 15 mins allowed me to break their push, so they couldn't rax. They were int heroes with low hp and sylla with a rad is tank. I move in, they scatter while they lose hp and my teammates of agil lategamers were able to clean up and get kills/gold.

Next, with BoT I start controlling the lanes, controlling the map. They try to push a lane again, I tp to another lane and push that back, forcing them to defend. This gave us breathing room and allowed my mid-late game teammates to farm and level. A team of nukers and early heroes has a time limit, they have to finish within 30 mins or so, or it is gg. They knew it and that was why they were pushing hard.

I bought time, gave room for my carries to grow. After 30, tide was turned, we were the stronger team and we won.

Don't you get excited reading this? This was how DOTA games use to be played. Now? You don't see games like this anymore. Every game was lopsided. Team with better teamwork wins. Everyone gives up after a few deaths, a lot of trolling, whining, and complaining. And most importantly... nobody cares what roles and functions of various heroes and builds anymore. Everyone just doing whatever they want to suit themselves.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:07 pm

You're giving me strong jazzy vibes, and even if im winning the argument i still lose my time here. Youre convienced its not griefing and wont be even open to the idea thats it not so I will quit while im ahead. You win.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:15 pm

plzbanruiners wrote:You're giving me strong jazzy vibes, and even if im winning the argument i still lose my time here. Youre convienced its not griefing and wont be even open to the idea thats it not so I will quit while im ahead. You win.

How are you "ahead?" You gave no rebuttal. You make a claim, "it is griefing," yet offered no evidence to the argument. You said under "no scenario is not not griefing," I just offered you one yet you did not address it, mention it, you just say "balh blah blah you are wrong, I am right."

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with this place and humanity in general. Get off your pride.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:24 pm

I would pay good money to see the chat log of u and jazzy3113 in the same team and you employing this strategy. And yes youre correct i didnt give u a reason why its griefing and i really dont care to because i realize who u are now and that you're just another troll here looking for some attention. You do sound smart though ill give you that.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:05 am

nitromon wrote:
plzbanruiners wrote:You're giving me strong jazzy vibes, and even if im winning the argument i still lose my time here. Youre convienced its not griefing and wont be even open to the idea thats it not so I will quit while im ahead. You win.

How are you "ahead?" You gave no rebuttal. You make a claim, "it is griefing," yet offered no evidence to the argument. You said under "no scenario is not not griefing," I just offered you one yet you did not address it, mention it, you just say "balh blah blah you are wrong, I am right."

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with this place and humanity in general. Get off your pride.

Honestly, you're not good but you're typing to much better players who have a better understanding of the game than you.

Even since years ago, the moderators have inappropriately made a decision on this 'strategy' that doesn't work. If you do manage to win with it, it's not because it works but because your opponents aren't good. The ones who ultimately make the decision didn't even play DotA so there's that.

Here's an example of you playing and failing with the strategy:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12193707

Here's an example of myself playing and helping my team win while actually playing the hero:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 193580.w3g

In this game, you stole your teammates farm by teleporting to every lane, starving them of farm, and when your [Summon Bear] was on cooldown, you sat your hero in the fountain waiting for the next time you can summon bear. That's technically afking and griefing, of which I could have banned you for. If you're going to claim [Summon Bear] is a strategy, then the downfall of that strategy is if your bear dies, your hero has no items. If you refuse to move your hero out of the fountain, why shouldn't you be banned? Is your hero not having any items a fault of your teammates because you chose a shit 'strategy'?

The excuse of it being a 'strategy' was never the case. Only someone who doesn't understand the game would claim that bear only is better than hero+bear. I get it, it's fun to run around with your bear with no possibility of your hero dying. That doesn't make it a strategy. If you were good, you should have no issue playing BOTH the hero+bear which is significantly better than just the bear. You aren't, which is why you're more comfortable just running around with your bear at the expense of your teammates.

Also, let's quit it with the slippery slope fallacy here. I've been playing here for a long time and outside of me banning this, there was never any discussion of banning anything else. You're trying to make something out of nothing. The fact is, bear only is not a strategy, it's detrimental to your teammates, and if you're going to grief in the fountain because you can't summon your bear, you will be banned.

If banning this strategy is what causes you to move on to a different game, then it tells me this was never about syllabear and more of you looking for attention (judging by your comments). Btw, this is not an airport. You do not have to announce your departure.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post (total 3):
EdteOfChaos2 (Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:01 pm) • kunkka (Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:13 am) • Bobalhao (Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:24 am)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Return to “Ban Appeals”