READ: REGARDING SYLLABEAR STRATEGY

Believe you were banned unfairly? Appeal here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Forum rules
Do not modify the format: Write your information after the brackets and fill in the topic title (subject). For more information, please read here.
nitromon
Treant

Re: READ: REGARDING SYLLABEAR STRATEGY

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:18 am

Astros wrote:Even since years ago, the moderators have inappropriately made a decision on this 'strategy' that doesn't work. If you do manage to win with it, it's not because it works but because your opponents aren't good. The ones who ultimately make the decision didn't even play DotA so there's that.

Here's an example of you playing and failing with the strategy:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12193707

Here's an example of myself playing and helping my team win while actually playing the hero:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 193580.w3g

In this game, you stole your teammates farm by teleporting to every lane, starving them of farm, and when your [Summon Bear] was on cooldown, you sat your hero in the fountain waiting for the next time you can summon bear.

More logical fallacy. You picked a game in which it didn't work, and use it as basis the whole strategy doesn't work. Yet you also acknowledge games in which they do work and claim it is because they were against lower skill level. Are you serious? Do you listen to yourself?

Such argument can be used against any strategy, hero, and what not. Do you always win every one of your games? You never lost? Every veteran player on here have had good and bad games. For you to make such an arbitrary comment is both ludicrous and just the shear hubris.

And you accusing all the other moderators of making a wrong judgment? Who are YOU to make that judgment. Wow the arrogance. What is wrong with you?

You may not know it. You've changed. I don't even remember you back then trash talking during games. You used to be someone who was calm and collect, able to garner respect. Now look at you. You're just like anyone else here.

You don't believe me? Take a year off. Then come back. You'll see how toxic and arrogant you have become.

If banning this strategy is what causes you to move on to a different game, then it tells me this was never about syllabear and more of you looking for attention (judging by your comments). Btw, this is not an airport. You do not have to announce your departure.

Yeah that must be it. I mean, just played a game a couple of days ago, a pugna fed like 3-11. All game, no teamwork, he does what he wants, runs into ganks when we warn him but doesn't listen... Then around the 40 min mark, he goes, "Oh spec didn't get rad!" and solely blame me for the loss, calling me all sorts of foul name. I didn't even speak to him the whole game until then. Then he followed me to the next game, kept trashtalking in the lobby.

Yeah, I can't believe I walked away from all this. I must be really looking for attention. Good one. You guys are all locked together in this Jerry Springer hell. You don't even know it.

God bless you, son. God bless you.
Last edited by nitromon on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:20 am

nitromon wrote:
Astros wrote:Even since years ago, the moderators have inappropriately made a decision on this 'strategy' that doesn't work. If you do manage to win with it, it's not because it works but because your opponents aren't good. The ones who ultimately make the decision didn't even play DotA so there's that.

Here's an example of you playing and failing with the strategy:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12193707

Here's an example of myself playing and helping my team win while actually playing the hero:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 193580.w3g

In this game, you stole your teammates farm by teleporting to every lane, starving them of farm, and when your [Summon Bear] was on cooldown, you sat your hero in the fountain waiting for the next time you can summon bear.

More logical fallacy. You picked a game in which it didn't work, and use it as basis the whole strategy doesn't work. Yet you also acknowledge games in which they do work and claim it is because they were against lower skill level. Are you serious? Do you listen to yourself?

Such argument can be used against any strategy, hero, and what not. Do you always win every one of your games? You never lost? Every veteran player on here have had good and bad games. For you to make such an arbitrary comment is both ludicrous and just the shear hubris.

And you accusing all the other moderators of making a wrong judgment? Who are YOU to make that judgment. Wow the arrogance. What is wrong with you?

You may not know it. You've changed. I don't even remember you back then trash talking during games. You used to be someone who was calm and collect, able to garner respect. Now look at you. You're just like anyone else here.

You don't believe me? Take a year off. Then come back. You'll see how toxic and arrogant you have become.

If banning this strategy is what causes you to move on to a different game, then it tells me this was never about syllabear and more of you looking for attention (judging by your comments). Btw, this is not an airport. You do not have to announce your departure.

Yeah that must be it. I mean, just played a game a couple of days ago, a pugna fed like 3-11. Then around the 40 min mark, he goes, "Oh spec didn't get rad!" and solely blame me for the loss, calling me all sorts of foul name. I didn't even speak to him the whole game until then. Then he followed me to the next game, kept trashtalking in the lobby.

Yeah, I can't believe I walked away from all this. I must be really looking for attention. Good one. You guys are all locked together in this Jerry Springer hell. You don't even know it.

God bless you, son. God bless you.

Sir, this is not an airport.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:29 am

I didn't say anything when I left a year ago because I wanted to leave room for the possibility of returning. I do truly love this game and for a time truly loved this community, despite yes there were toxicity but majority seemed to be good hearted players.

Returned for less than 2 months and already see how much further this place has devolved into, especially the past couple of days. Every single game, people just trash talking minutes into the game, blaming everyone for their own failures, and everyone playing selfishly. But more so, seen some players I recognize from before and seeing how utterly more toxic they have become. If you've been here this whole time, you may not see it.

Everyone I cared about in this community already long left. I miss them dearly. Saint, the geo player one, actually invited me to another dota game long time ago (I don't remember if it was Dota 2 or Bnet dota), I didn't want to go. Been playing DOTA for over 20 years, didn't want to try something new. That's how it is when we age.

But if there was one person I would stay here for, it was for Astros. Last of the few I considered friend at one point. If I am such a terrible player, why would you invite me to IH in the past? And you seem to forget so easily in the past how much I defended you here when so many turned against you, mocking and attacking you as an abusive mod, terrible player, and awful person. Yet now you repay my kindness and friendship with disrespect, personal attack, and putting me down.

I'm not mad at that. I'm sad. Because you don't see what you have become, what this place has made you into. There was a time you would respond to discussions by staying on topic, rather than resort to childish attacks and arrogant boastings. If you don't see what you have become, that is the real tragedy. And if it hasn't, it will, leak into your real life as you watch your arrogance and toxicity push away everyone you cared about. And at such time you will remember me and what I am saying here.

I'm not coming back. This was the last straw. Good luck to you, whatever your future hold. I apologize if I have been harsh. But I rather be harsh and speak the truth, than be silent or speak people pleasing words. That's just how I am.

Good luck and God bless.

Shout out to old schoolers - firefly, scubasteve. I'll miss you guys. I may be wrong, but I remember playing with you guys before ent. Those were the days. Edge, didn't know you are still here. Would've loved to see one of your geo games again. They were mesmerizing.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:01 am

You set the tone for this discussion with your initial reply and now you're trying to act like the victim. If you're gona go just go silently, there's no need to guilt trip anyone because you didn't get your way. It's a video game at the end of the day, but let me speak from experience that the level of toxicity in ENT is very mild compared to other competitive games. If you, as you claim, were good enough to play in IH games, you yourself would realize how absurd your strategy is. With that said ive never heard of you or played with/vs you in IHS and ive played with the best players that have ever played in ENT. Im defending Astros because ive seen him be fair and geniunely care about the community. Hes running the show by himself and is doing the best with what hes given. There are rules Im not in agreement with, but I've sucked it up looked beyond myself and adapted to them. You coming here threating to leave as if you're the last player required to fill these games is hilarious. You expected sympathy but instead got a reality check.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:46 pm

nitromon wrote:I didn't say anything when I left a year ago because I wanted to leave room for the possibility of returning. I do truly love this game and for a time truly loved this community, despite yes there were toxicity but majority seemed to be good hearted players.

Returned for less than 2 months and already see how much further this place has devolved into, especially the past couple of days. Every single game, people just trash talking minutes into the game, blaming everyone for their own failures, and everyone playing selfishly. But more so, seen some players I recognize from before and seeing how utterly more toxic they have become. If you've been here this whole time, you may not see it.

Everyone I cared about in this community already long left. I miss them dearly. Saint, the geo player one, actually invited me to another dota game long time ago (I don't remember if it was Dota 2 or Bnet dota), I didn't want to go. Been playing DOTA for over 20 years, didn't want to try something new. That's how it is when we age.

But if there was one person I would stay here for, it was for Astros. Last of the few I considered friend at one point. If I am such a terrible player, why would you invite me to IH in the past? And you seem to forget so easily in the past how much I defended you here when so many turned against you, mocking and attacking you as an abusive mod, terrible player, and awful person. Yet now you repay my kindness and friendship with disrespect, personal attack, and putting me down.

I'm not mad at that. I'm sad. Because you don't see what you have become, what this place has made you into. There was a time you would respond to discussions by staying on topic, rather than resort to childish attacks and arrogant boastings. If you don't see what you have become, that is the real tragedy. And if it hasn't, it will, leak into your real life as you watch your arrogance and toxicity push away everyone you cared about. And at such time you will remember me and what I am saying here.

I'm not coming back. This was the last straw. Good luck to you, whatever your future hold. I apologize if I have been harsh. But I rather be harsh and speak the truth, than be silent or speak people pleasing words. That's just how I am.

Good luck and God bless.

Shout out to old schoolers - firefly, scubasteve. I'll miss you guys. I may be wrong, but I remember playing with you guys before ent. Those were the days. Edge, didn't know you are still here. Would've loved to see one of your geo games again. They were mesmerizing.

1) You're entitled to do as you please. The reason I was being mean to you is because you're acting condescending towards someone who has vastly more knowledge of the game than you do.

2) ENT hasn't really changed much except there are fewer players. I remember back then, there were 10-15 people getting reported daily. I'm not sure which version of ENT you are claiming had fewer ruiners, toxic players, etc.,

3) I don't know who you are, sorry. The only people who were ever upset at me were the ones who were banned by myself. Beerlord was one of the nicest moderators here and everyone flamed him as well. There are crazies on here who would rather blame someone for banning them rather than realizing that it was their own actions that caused them to be banned.

4) Again, you're entitled to do as you please. The fact is, ENT still being alive in which DotA 1 is being played when there are thousands of new games since DotA 1 was released is not anything to be sad about. I have no clue what you're even referring to as this place made me into. Bro, it's not that serious. Syllabear [Summon Bear] only is not allowed because it was never a viable strategy and causes more frustration amongst teammates than any benefits it can provide. You're getting too worked up and emotional. Maybe if you didn't start your replies by sounding condescending, you would have gotten a more cordial response. All the best to you.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:49 am

Now I remember this is the same guy who advocated for the dagon spectre “strategy” back in the days! We should all listen to him guys. Please don’t go, you are breaking my heart babe :(
These users thanked the author kunkka for the post:
EdteOfChaos2 (Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:03 pm)

dumpster_
Aura Tree

Postby dumpster_ » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:15 pm

See ya.
Lost dozens of games with this guy while listening to him lecturing us about what we should all be doing.
Somehow despite his oh so deep understanding of the game he still loses more often than not.
I guess the rest of us scrubs are incapable of grasping how to properly support a dagon 5 spec.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:12 pm

nitromon.jpg
nitromon.jpg (128.95 KiB) Viewed 426 times

If you think bear-only Sylla is a good strategy, you don't know anything about DotA.
If you think Dagon spectre is a good strategy, you don't know anything about DotA.

Every good strategy has already been found through millions of players playing the game every day and finding out what works vs what doesn't, averaged out across all those games. You didn't find some secret meta that professional DotA players who play this for a living weren't able to find. If you want to play like an idiot, then play like an idiot - I don't care. I make stupid items sometimes too because I think it's funny. But don't try to justify it by saying that it's actually good and other people just don't realize it yet.

You are arguing with people who actually know what they're talking about here.

Also people "hated" Astros because he banned a bunch of idiot ruiners. Wow all the idiot ruiners hate him, what a surprise. It's an inevitability of being a moderator.
These users thanked the author EdteOfChaos2 for the post:
kunkka (Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:46 pm)

RichardCoffee
Forest Walker

Postby RichardCoffee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:10 pm

nitromon wrote:
I'm not mad at that. I'm sad. Because you don't see what you have become, what this place has made you into. There was a time you would respond to discussions by staying on topic, rather than resort to childish attacks and arrogant boastings. If you don't see what you have become, that is the real tragedy. And if it hasn't, it will, leak into your real life as you watch your arrogance and toxicity push away everyone you cared about. And at such time you will remember me and what I am saying here. .

Woah. You sound like an anime villain giving a betrayal monologue. That's pro as FUK.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:53 pm

EdteOfChaos2 wrote:If you think bear-only Sylla is a good strategy, you don't know anything about DotA.
If you think Dagon spectre is a good strategy, you don't know anything about DotA.

Every good strategy has already been found through millions of players playing the game every day and finding out what works vs what doesn't, averaged out across all those games. You didn't find some secret meta that professional DotA players who play this for a living weren't able to find.

Disagree! Pro players never found the secret meta with dagon gondar 8-)
These users thanked the author kunkka for the post:
EdteOfChaos2 (Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:09 pm)

Return to “Ban Appeals”