mr_brownstone@useast.battle

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

totalkaos
Forest Walker

mr_brownstone@useast.battle

Postby totalkaos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Warcraft III username: mr_brownstone
Realm: useast
Situation: auto-bans
Why you should be unbanned: man come on, how have i been banned for 2 days a second time for too many auto bans. this auto-ban thing is ridiculous. i left 1 game in the past 7 days because the team refused to help the game was 4v5 with a leaver at the start and i asked the team for help with the bottom lane, but instead legion commander decided he was going to farm the neutral creeps. i cant see playing a team game when your team refuses to help, and i didn't even bother to submit a BRQ for this guy even though i have the replay saved. this is the only game i'm aware of that i left. i don't see how im have received a 2nd leaver ban when i stay for every game even the ones that lag sooooo hard i drop, either by vote or disconnection. im asking for this appeal because i don't feel i broke any rules and im also submitting this appeal to ask that something be changed or fixed with this leaver ban bot. it's just ridiculously insane to ban people for being disconnected or having a bad connection. things happen, but this leaver ban bot IMO is starting to compromise the integrity of game play.

nabo.
Donator

Re: mr_brownstone@useast.battle

Postby nabo. » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 pm

@totalkaos

[spoiler=]-autobanex too many autobans recorded within last three days [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #74 2014-04-20 00:00:00 22 Apr 2014 09:35:02 EDT Still banned
-autoban autoban: left at 347/1497 [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #81 2014-04-19 00:00:00 19 Apr 2014 14:09:40 EDT Expired
-autoban autoban: left at 1445/2861 (DROPPED, stayrate=94.66726027397264, leaverate=1.3699) [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #14 2014-04-19 00:00:00 19 Apr 2014 07:46:25 EDT Expired
-autoban autoban: left at 319/2595 (DROPPED, stayrate=95.26007518796996, leaverate=1.5038) [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #55 2014-04-18 00:00:00 18 Apr 2014 10:13:14 EDT Expired[/spoiler]

No, disconnecting should be bannable. U r implying that people who disconnect frequently should not be banned because its is a "techincal difficulty". But, your internet state and technical issues are yours alone and it is ur personal issue to fix. There are different degrees in which we are able to relate and understand an individual's situations and accordingly, we decide to grant an unban or not. We do give freebes. The main reason why cases of leaving or lagging our or disconnecting are "similar" is because in all cases, by fact, you do handicap your team and influence the game outcome.

Our autoban system is fair. The duration of the ban depends on an individual's stay ratio and number of games. So, ur ban may be 1 hr to several days depending on ur stats. As you can see from your recent ban history(spoiler), you have had two really short unnoticeable bans and was forgiven due to ur high stay ratio. The reason you are banned is because u have had "frequent" or "too many" autobans in the last three days.

Thoughts?
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Love
Treant Protector

Postby Love » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:30 pm

@totalkaos "this auto-ban thing is ridiculous" if you think having autoban is ridiculous imagine warcraft three where people have no fear of just leaving a game any time they wish because they can just go and start another.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥ Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. ♥-Aristotle

totalkaos
Forest Walker

Postby totalkaos » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 am

TwitterKid wrote:@totalkaos "this auto-ban thing is ridiculous" if you think having autoban is ridiculous imagine warcraft three where people have no fear of just leaving a game any time they wish because they can just go and start another.

i never said having it was ridiculous, what i said was that the parameters in which players are banned using your AUTOBAN bot is ridiculous. this meaning, your autoban bot counts not only intentional game leaving when tallying autoban offenses but also internet connection issues (i.e server lag and player internet issues.) what im lead to believe is before you join an ENT hosted game the player needs to contact their ISP to ensure no preventative maintenance will be conducted for the duration of that game. like i stated in my appeal i left 1 game in 7 days due to the lack of support from MY TEAM, but im getting banned for 3 days due to too many autobans... in short, find a way to determine if the player left on his/her own free will or if there were true connection issues. ban the players who intentionally left on their own free will dont penalize players who have no control over connectivity.

totalkaos
Forest Walker

Postby totalkaos » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:49 am

nabo. wrote:@totalkaos

[spoiler=]-autobanex too many autobans recorded within last three days [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #74 2014-04-20 00:00:00 22 Apr 2014 09:35:02 EDT Still banned
-autoban autoban: left at 347/1497 [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #81 2014-04-19 00:00:00 19 Apr 2014 14:09:40 EDT Expired
-autoban autoban: left at 1445/2861 (DROPPED, stayrate=94.66726027397264, leaverate=1.3699) [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #14 2014-04-19 00:00:00 19 Apr 2014 07:46:25 EDT Expired
-autoban autoban: left at 319/2595 (DROPPED, stayrate=95.26007518796996, leaverate=1.5038) [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #55 2014-04-18 00:00:00 18 Apr 2014 10:13:14 EDT Expired[/spoiler]

No, disconnecting should be bannable. U r implying that people who disconnect frequently should not be banned because its is a "techincal difficulty". But, your internet state and technical issues are yours alone and it is ur personal issue to fix. There are different degrees in which we are able to relate and understand an individual's situations and accordingly, we decide to grant an unban or not. We do give freebes. The main reason why cases of leaving or lagging our or disconnecting are "similar" is because in all cases, by fact, you do handicap your team and influence the game outcome.

Our autoban system is fair. The duration of the ban depends on an individual's stay ratio and number of games. So, ur ban may be 1 hr to several days depending on ur stats. As you can see from your recent ban history(spoiler), you have had two really short unnoticeable bans and was forgiven due to ur high stay ratio. The reason you are banned is because u have had "frequent" or "too many" autobans in the last three days.

Thoughts?

nice long speech, but here's my thoughts to ur reply. you can check the games i've played i have plenty on multiple accounts due to the type of players admins on ENT allow into their games. i dont stack, i dont play with friends, i dont look for people i know can win, i join a game and i stay where i land unless someone joins a game that i know has a tendency of ruining the sportsmanship of the game. i get sick and tired of whiney ass stackers that cant play against people with the same lvl ELO as thiers. neway, i have 150+ games on this account im banned on and i bet out of those 150+ games i have less than 7 games in which i left. like i said before i dont leave games, even if im on a losing team i will stay till the throne falls to avoid any penalties otherwise encountered. i've been banned 2x in less than 3 weeks for too many autobans and i find this a bit annoying that the servers lag, i've been voted out, or unknowingly i joined a game when i had other pressing matters come up and by the time i was able to return to the game i was dropped for being afk and all of these scenarios accumulate toward autobans.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 am

@totalkaos

Autoban is autoban. All games are managed by bots and how autoban works is pretty good considering this old game. If you want to change how autoban works, I suggest you post on suggestion section. To convince uakf.b, u will probably have to provide an actual "how the bot should calculate whether to ban you or not". Disconnections are treated like leaving, but they are likely more appealable, unless you have dced a lot recently.

Now u r giving me reasons of why u got banned or left on several occasions...before u told me u got banned once. Anyway I know u have a good stay rate. Whether u r a skilled player or not, idc.

Next time, if u got a nice excuse and ask me nicely. If u r reasonable, things will work out.

Unbanned. HF
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Love
Treant Protector

Postby Love » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 am

@totalkaos it counts disconnections because if I wanted to I could leave the game by disconnecting my computer from my wifi. Problem solved. Have fun gaming
♥ Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. ♥-Aristotle

Return to “Processed Appeals”