khanmy - ban appeal

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

khanmy
Aura Tree

khanmy - ban appeal

Postby khanmy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Your Warcraft III username: [b]Khanmy
Realm/Gateway:
[b]Why are you banned: votekick
[b]Why you should be unbanned: I did agree to votekick - I never made false rules up. The agreement was made on the basis of it being 3 vs 4 in a 1200+ game. There were attempts made to draw the game - couple of their players also agreed - but 2 of them refused to draw the game and wanted to continue. Furthermore, my vote was simply due to the fact that their players agreed to the draw and thus started a votekick in order to accomplish the draw. No where in the rules it says I cannot agree to a votekick - that is my personal right and it is not defined in the rule book... What if a vote kick was started and I voted YES - just a votekick - and no claims.... would I still be banned???.... the fact that the person was in constant argument with "SAtisfacTION" for not drawing and them having their own arguments about the game rules and fairness play.... I indirectly without claiming anything agreed to a draw and me agreeing to kick to accomplish a draw becomes a violation.

Plz show me where it says i cannot vote for a kick... I never made up false claims and neither was I part of their argument or had any involvement... Could I request a ban for their 2 players for not agreeing to a draw when it was 3 vs 4 - but I cannot cause its not in the books its their decision.... I have also been kicked from such games in the past for not agreeing to vote... did I complain??? no cause its within their right.... If both teams feel they need to take a certain action for the fairness of the game then let it be... I am being banned because two people had their own internal issues and in the midst of this a votekick started and I agreed to the vote... I did not even follow their conversation simply because it was childish... My teammate was arguing about fairness and so was orange (forgot his name)... and SAtisfacTION was counter arguing on the basis that it was up to them to decide when it was fair and when it was not... Maybe take a minute and go through all the conversations and see if I had any involvement... Furthermore, I had no part and paid no attention to their argument - I do remember them speaking about votekick but did not follow enough to see who claimed what...

Lastly... you banned 3 playyers... what about their own player... Orange??? he just like me had an outside part for the fairness of the game by drawing and possibly involved in the kick to achieve draw (if I am wrong I am sry - I do not remember the full accounts of his involvement)... I never started a votekick and neither did I start a draw but I agreed simply because it was 3 vs 4... and because their own player was trying to accomplish the same goal.

I am aware of the votekick rules... and I agreed because most were willing to draw for the fairness of the game... and those individuals thought a votekick was needed to accomplish this... it was not random and it was not abused.

Banned for the following reason:

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 236030.w3g
Game Name: [ENT] Legion TD Mega 1200+ #7
Your Warcraft III Username: raported@europe
Violator's Warcraft III Username: ghery@europe, kon9kaaa@entconnect, khanmy@useast
Violated Rule(s): votekick abuse, lying about rules ("vk only banable if it passes"), obvious plug pulling during lvl 14 to prolong the game
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): during lvl 9 and after lvl 10/during arena
Any further thoughts: team west started 2 votekicks for no valid reason
Last edited by khanmy on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khanmy
Aura Tree

Re: khanmy - ban appeal

Postby khanmy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:08 pm

furthermore - I think you banning simply based on someone's complain is incorrect... I think I should have the right to explain my position before the ban is confirmed... In law I am innocent until proven guilty... but I am convicted before I even have a chance to make a statement... maybe send an automated email or in game msg when one loggs into ent game and warn them to the ban request and give the person 24hrs or so to make a statement.... just a thought...

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:49 pm

If you are kicking someone to make a draw occur, then yes, you should be banned. You voted both times. And yes, the try is bannable, as it is an abuse of our system. You state you didn't know why you were voting? Why vote, then, without figuring first- oh wait, because as you stated AFTERWARDS, you DO know why- and it was on a basis of being fair. So, you were trying to kick because he wouldn't draw.

NO where in our rules does it state you need to draw- and it isn't a mandatory thing. If he didn't want to draw, then play the game. He did nothing bannable, whereas, regardless of if the VK passed, you did.

@xxdragooonxx

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm simply going to add in this, and I expect cooperation, as you can see, it will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Hello khanmy,

please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

khanmy
Aura Tree

Postby khanmy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:28 pm

thx mariah...

I think there was a little confusion in my wording... I was referring to the individual making claims that you must draw or you must votekick - making his own rules. I am stating I did not fully follow that discussion and do not consider myself part of it. I voted simply to draw (2 of their members were for it) and when draw failed - 2 of my teammates decided to attempt a votekick. I am saying its one thing making up rules and its another thing to accept a votekick. The rules of draw are not properly or even defined people use it out of respect for the game. Votekick was attempted - reasons being to gain a draw. Those that agreed voted and those that did not, did not vote... its jsut that simple... The person that should be banned is the person that made up rules... I do not see my violation - I never made new rules or had a verbal fight with anyone. I was in agreement to draw so I voted - the person that requested the ban stated a votekick was started based on false votekick rules - my defence is I did not fully follow that discussion and get not participate in it at all. I understand that this could be considered as abuse of votekick - but from our perspective you could view it as them ruining a game - playing in 1200+ when its 3 vs 4.... again our team wanted a draw and so did half of their team. so I understand my ban request... but like I said at the top - I requested why was orange not looked into when we were banned (unless if he had no involvement - do not remember full details of his involvement due to time passed). I hope you understand my position a little better now. And like I said - I have equally been kicked from games where I have not agreed to draw - all members thought I was in violation to the spirit of the game and was ruining it - a votekick was attempted and it was successful... certain players today thought the same - a kick was attempted and failed.

Votekick Rules
Do not spam !votekick and do not randomly start votekicks or vote without proper reasons. Votekicks are ban-able even if they are not passed. Kicks and bans are enforced based on how severe the rule has been violated. ENT keeps the right to enforce punishments as warning.
Do not abuse !votekick: its purpose is to kick game ruinners who violate ENT's rules and negatively impact the game for either or both teams in the game.
For flaming/verbal conflicts, use bot command, !ignore <name>, and/or bnet command, /squelch <name> , instead. Squelching will also block whispers.
It is possible to game ruin by being new. In this case, votekick will only be valid if the new player refuses to learn and cooperate. Just because someone is a newbie or bad does not mean he is intentionally game ruinning.
You are obligated to !votekick any player that has broken any of ENT's rules.
If someone or several indicate that a particular player is game ruining, you, as a player in the game, are obligated to question/check about the situation/claim.
When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.
You are free to refuse to votekick someone when there is lack of evidence/visible rule violation. However, communicate your decision via all chat, too.
If you are unsure that someone on the opposite team is game ruinning, ask the other team for clarification via all chat.
You are responsible for your own vote. Voting for something means you agree with it. You are accountable for what happens with your vote.

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Do not attempt votekick in attempts to draw, understood?

khanmy
Aura Tree

Postby khanmy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Understood

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:14 am

Ban lifted, do not make me regret this decision.

Return to “Processed Appeals”