Ban Appeal for Stomp@useast

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Ban Appeal for Stomp@useast

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:25 am

Your Warcraft III username: Stomp
Realm/Gateway: useast.battle.net
Why are you banned: "Grief/Reset Timer, lost mid rax."
Why you should be unbanned: In a game of Dota, I was active for nearly the entire game, was not attempting to grief or reset timer. We had to wait for the player "Live" to reconnect multiple times for minutes at a time from 22:04 til the end pretty much. After a few sessions of waiting for the lagger to reconnect with Gproxxy and people attempting to votekick I move my hero into base so I don't die if he stops lagging and go to the bathroom. After watching the replay I see that when I went to the bathroom they pushed and took mid rax. Within a minute or two the Admin King23 aka Demon assumes I am griefing/resetting timer, bans me, and kicks me from game. I return to my computer having already been kicked from the game. Go to play a game today and see I have a 5 day ban for griefing. I do not think this fits how the game went down; I wasn't ruining the game on purpose and this all goes down in the last few minutes of the game which promptly ended after I was kicked. I don't think admin King23 aka Demon was abusing kick and ban, but it was pretty hasty judgement in a game that was already a mess.

Thank you for your time.

Replay link:

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 241817.w3g

Game link:

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=7241817

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Re: Ban Appeal for Stomp@useast

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

Sidenote: I have been playing Dota regularly for about 10 years and this is the second ban I have received in that entire time. The first was also sent to ban appeal and was dispelled as a delayed fog click. I created this profile specifically to deal with the ban and did not have a profile because this is not typically an issue for me.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:36 am

Hello Stomp,

please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Please wait for the admin who banned you to respond here. Thank you.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 am

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :DotARules

I have read the rules and in the general rules it says, "Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer." This was the rule I was banned for. I didn't think it was an excessive amount of time and was certainly not intentional. Everyone's gotta pee and I figured since there was already so many long lag screens I had time. I apologize if it seemed intentional.

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Postby KinG23 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:06 am

You can't go AFK in game... if you do at least notify the team (you were AFK 5+ minutes, not 1-2). "Going AFK last few minutes".. important moments of game when we lose rax. You don't determine when a game is over. Going AFK at a crucial point in the game is indeed game ruining.

List all accounts you use.
*kisses*

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:54 pm

I can't know when the most crucial moment of a game is coming, especially when I already spend 8 minutes of the game waiting in a lag screen. I am also not going to piss my pants because of a game of dota either. I feel like I have presented a fair case here that I was not game ruining. I typically notify team every time I go afk for any amount of time, but like I explained, and the replay doesn't show the time spent in lag screens, I was sitting there waiting for him to either drop or our team to ff and text was hardly readable due to GProxy message spamming from people trying to drop him, so I figured I didn't need to tell everyone I was going to pee. I am not trying to be hostile here, but do you think this an unreasonable appeal?

Like my profile name suggests I make a new account pretty much every day to avoid the stress of caring too much about any one account. I try to keep my Dota time enjoyable, but I guess the most recent account that has any stats is log@useast.battle.net the rest are daily throw away accounts. I don't leave games in these throw away accounts though they are just so I don't get obsessed with stat hunting. I have been an active dota player for nearly 10 years now and have always been mannered and followed the rules and I play pretty much daily so it's obviously something I care about and would really like to be able to play this weekend. I am asking for a reasonable break here. I will remember in the future to always announce an afk situation and I am sorry it was part of why we lost the game, but it was the not whole reason and was not intentional.

Thank you again for your time.

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Postby KinG23 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:02 pm

I can't know when the most crucial moment of a game is coming, especially when I already spend 8 minutes of the game waiting in a lag screen. I am also not going to piss my pants because of a game of dota either.

8 minutes, not true. I suggest you stop lying in your appeal. Users are allowed a maximum of 180 seconds lag time before auto drop.

Are eye@useast or you@useast any of your accounts also?
*kisses*

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:47 am

It wasn't a full 8 minutes but it was lagging for 20 or 30 sec stopping for 20 or 30 sec and after a few of those loops it does add up to some time. Not trying to lie to you either, 8 minutes was just a slight exaggeration. I did make you@useast play one game and lose and I think I made eye once but, looking at the game history that isn't me. I might have made it and it already had stats so I went with another. If you are looking for an account to judge whether it is a trend or stand alone situation log@useast has a good chuck of my games for about a week and I can honestly say breaking the rules here is not something I try to do. It's partially why I am putting some time into this appeal. I consistently play games out without breaking rules and in this one game I go to the bathroom and I get banned. I suppose I am hoping for some greater justice for trying. All I can do at this point is say I will be more mindful of afking in game and for me (a daily dota addict) this ban is already enough to make me take more precaution in the future and I would be very grateful for a briefer ban duration.

Thanks for your time.

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Postby KinG23 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:28 pm

If you were banned on stomp@useast how did you play on you@useast and eye@useast? Are you playing from an internet cafe or do you always play at the same location?

Also please note the following:

Do not dodge your bans. Dodging is defined as playing on a different account while being banned on another account, often by a (purposely triggered) change of the IP. Dodging is considered a major offense equal to maphacking.

So if you are banned on one account, you are banned from playing on ENT on any account during your ban length.
*kisses*

NewAccountsDaily
Resource Storage

Postby NewAccountsDaily » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I always play from the same non cafe location I haven't been able to play any games on any account. I also don't have a vpn service or any kind of ip changing system. I think those two accounts are owned by someone else currently. I played one game of dota on you@useast a month ago on 13/01/2016, 18:13, so it must have expired due to inactivity and someone else made it and eye@useast I made, but it had stats so I never played on it. I am not dodging ban otherwise I wouldn't be here asking for an appeal.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:41 pm

@NewAccountsDaily After looking/investigating this for a while and speaking with king23, it seems like you did use eye/you accounts but previously to your recent ban (december and january respectively) - Seems like eye account was recreated after you played on it, by another player (Sorry for the incovenience).

Considering you already served some time of your initial ban, we expect that this won't happen again, so i'll be unbanning you now

Have fun, processing

Return to “Processed Appeals”