Banned for getting tired of abusive shit from teammates?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

dkwolfie
Basic Tree

Banned for getting tired of abusive shit from teammates?

Postby dkwolfie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Dkwolfie
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: 'ruining game'
Why you should be unbanned: I gave up on that game, but only because the entire game my teammate was verbally abusing me, and wasn't letting me play my game. I was rushing mass cara on top lane, but that didn't fit our mids idea of how to play top, even though it has worked for me in several games. Then instead of helping me at all on top he deactivates all his spawns and ignores me when I request help.

Of course I get mad and since they won't draw and the enemy had subs and we didn't I deactivate my spawns to end it quickly.

Then he comes on here and says I ruined the game and got a ban... It was ONE game and I've played dozens after with no issue. I realize I was an ass for deactivating spawns, but they had subs, I had 0 help and the guy was an ass. It was gg already.

RadiantCrystal
Protector of Nature

Re: Banned for getting tired of abusive shit from teammates?

Postby RadiantCrystal » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 pm

viewtopic.php?t=95795

just because your teammates were verbally abusive doesn't mean you have the right to game ruin

@Haunt
(09:54:07) Jabba41: Hello RadiantCrystal. I'm so glad you became an Admin here because green is the color of hope and whenever your presence brightens up my life i cant thank you enough to know such a person like you. [KING NOW GIVE KISSES]
Spoiler!
ChatBot: aRt)Y has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

dkwolfie
Basic Tree

Postby dkwolfie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:57 pm

But that wasn't the only reason. They had subs, and my mid didn't want me to help. So I deactivated to end it. No way my caravels were gonna hold off subs. If anything my mid was the reason the game got ruined.

dkwolfie
Basic Tree

Postby dkwolfie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Basically, I understand I was an ass for what I did by deactivating, but at that point they had subs and we didn't even have the tech. So I gave up because our mid had been toxic and ruined it for me.

What our mid did:
He was verbally abusive from game start.
Deactivated his top spawns and cost us the lane, because I had nothing left to upgrade and was teching, and my money was coming in faster than I could tech.
He refused to communicate with me.
Had even told me he wasn't going to help top anymore because I was a noob.

The guy had long ago ruined the game for me and it was gg.

I guess I am just surprised that the mod who watched it banned me, but did nothing to the guy who reported me, and was also the guy who ruined the game for me.

I know I broke a rule by ruining the game for him, but is he really not in the wrong what so ever?

I understand why I got the ban, but just surprises me how strictly you will enforce the rule (Game would have ended another spawn or 2) but fine. But is everything he did okay?

If so I really think there needs to be a look at the rules, because I've had no issues with any other teammates, but if I had to repeat that game, and at that moment when I deactivated everything was the same I probably still would have done it, and I would still spend a day not playing because of how much he ruined it for me.

Leave the ban, at this point I am just curious if the guy really did nothing wrong, as seems to be suggested.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:55 pm

We don't generally ban the OP. If you think about it, you'll understand why.

You broke the rules and therefor I had to ban you.

Now, you said you understood why you got banned. Will you act any differently if I unban you?

Arii
Protector of Nature

Postby Arii » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 am

Expired.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

Return to “Processed Appeals”