Treant

Re: Entry Fee

Postby Jamo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:17 am

Yea, that would be included in my suggestion

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:33 am

I see many talking of increased focus on winning and the possible effect on atmosphere. of course in this sort of entry-fee league, every dc would have to be reported to keep the league fair. that's how it is meant to be. dodging would be punishable as well, if signed, with a dc penalty or some such. the only real increase would be in accusations of collusion, such as 2 players working together on opposite teams to split the reward. This existed originally in LIHL as well, with MickietheMousie and iightfyre both supporting their main-man donald/beep respectively, and massive accusations of manipulating the system going back and forth (I guess beep won that with the anti-stuck abuse, forever coming out on-top in the eyes of those who didn't read between the lines).

Editing in some early drama for those who obviously never saw the collisions:
viewtopic.php?f=207&t=8357
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8775

any increase in competitive nature will contain drama, and this sort of atmosphere. as it settles in, players will find niches etc. that they fit into well. if necessary there can be more strict guidelines about flaming.
off-topic
Spoiler!
Off topic:
@jamo I did a round-robin tournament for the 1v1, since we had not as many entrants. It's quite frustrating to lose it and never rematch.

the hard part is in a 20-60 player round-robin, that would both a. take forever, and b. be very difficult to arrange. if we accept entry fees from each team, and just re-arrange the teams, it's more difficult to enter as you need to join with 3 other players.
Last edited by eldryan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

pewpew lasergun
Treant

Postby pewpew lasergun » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:42 am

sure as hell would be fun to run for the top !
I would pay, but most ppl wont i think especially if its recurring

remember we have players from poor countries where $20 is alot. :lol:.

the vote will also be biased for obvious reasons. ur fan club^^ .

:evil:

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 pm

eldryan wrote:
supersexyy wrote:would become overly competitive.

I don't follow.
Well, you can't deny that when money plays a role, things easily get (more) toxic. I do see where sexy is coming from, however, it might just be a matter of the amount. $1 or $2 is not too much and still works for the idea.

Scheduling fixed tournaments at the season ends might be a nice idea though. Everyone who wants can participate and no is forced to pay.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Jubadus
Forest Walker

Postby Jubadus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:19 am

How about you just donate $20 per player that joins for everyone @eld
Then you can have your winnings if you win.

I don't think I will play if it comes to this cause people will not be as fun to play with and it will become too "serious" for a game. I play to relax and have fun and I know people's attitudes will change the second money is involved.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 am

Well, i think if all of you guys send the money to me, and then i send it to winners at the end of the season ... then its a pretty good idea!
These users thanked the author SLSGuennter for the post:
Jabba41 (Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 am)
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

pewpew lasergun
Treant

Postby pewpew lasergun » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 am

i just looked at fana in lobby.

how bout make ppl who are banned pay for unban earlier :D
though expect pesos from fana ^^

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:07 pm

eldryan wrote:
Tom_hardy wrote:Well i would instantly leave this league, it would nothing but destroy it.
People would get rly angry if someone fail, every dc would be reported, no more friendly atmosphere, for the most players who know they will never be 1 or 2 it would just be waste of 20$. Dodges and pp will happen waaayyyy more frequently.
Way to go if u wanna kill this league, i hope this is a joke

yea, ik the danger of dodges/pp. also gotta have new rules about swapping. all the top 10% player finishers would have no $20 fee (20$ back), so basically everyone over 1150 - which is more achievable. @art)y yea, can just have the moderators publish rankings and return that money, it's only like 8 more players if 90 people.

it would definitely result in more anger, but man every dc should be reported. ppl should be not failing. if you want more casual ez games, this would be a bad suggestion. but it would definitely increase the desire to be #1. right now, the main desire is just to be in the "!top" and half the games players even mass crabs and say "hope this holds".

the only real issue would be when 2 players like donki and tin get on same team, gonna be rage.

Edit: make no mistake, this would decrease activity. games not gonna be as casual, YOLO mode. would probably have to add many more players from 1200 bracket to make this suggestion result in more activity.

Hey eld, i would advice you to avoid using my name on ur post especially for such a raging cases or u gonna force me to make a thread asking to lihl players who is the more toxic, which we already know the answer ( #eld ) ; but knowing u only playing 1 month per year and your racist trend, pretty obvious you dont know LIHL player that much.

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 pm

however, you're demonstrating my point quite aptly....

MarshMallows

Postby MarshMallows » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Archive now? not gonna happen 80%+ no votes

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 pm

I do admit I did not read all of above but we rly have to face a fact that LTD in this version will not have a bright future.

Either some1 make ltd like dota or LOL, meaning make it new, maybe races should be to choose, more options ofc (I dunno!) or it will just die.

All in all the presense have showed that 1 hero games (dota and LOL) is the future of the games and we r just dinosaurs now.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:15 am

I know #Jamo. I am afraid that the affords have been taken by few will not encourage all. Looking forward though, but also realistic,

elektro
Treant

Postby elektro » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:10 am

Tbh, better ideea than the eldryan´s is that : leave the lihl how it is, and organize TOURNAMENTS, 1v1, 2v2,3v3, 4v4, that u have to pay 20$ to get in. and the winner and 2nd place take the prize.. this way we keep league friendly, and whos competitive and wants to win some money to, choose a team and pay the money, and maybe win more !!

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Archiving since there's no interest (luckily :P )
Tournaments with entry fee might be working (tho I'm also no fan of this), but there's still the question who wants to host/organize it :)

We are always open to tournaments if someone feels like making one.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Return to “LIHL Archive”