Lihl and discord

Moderator: LIHL Staff

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Lihl and discord

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to mention that recent movements were not intended to be directed to someone specifically. As we all know, lihl has been moved to discord, that is a unquestionable decision taken by lihl management due to the continuous ban of bots. We all need to to the effort to adapt to this new situation in order to keep lihl alive.

I ask you all to please create a discord account before 1st of July, those who have not a discord account will be unvouched with the possibility of a fast revouch once u create ur discord acc.

Really guys, I know its not easy to move once ur established on a comfortable atmosphere (Bnet) but this time the movement is needed, come on takes 5 minutes and just a few days of adaptation. I was the first one to hate discord and i was fighting all the time with Hazard about it, but i think indeed its even better than bnet chat. Has way more options and possibilities.

Talking about Hazard, he is a ENT manager and lihl is part of ent. So please consider his decissions...

Really if u got any issue with this just make a discord acc and pm me ;) :lol:

Please just help us to keep this marvelous community alive

Thanks

ACED
These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post (total 7):
dweiler (Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:38 am) • Jamo (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 pm) • Jabba41 (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:19 pm) • FateStayNight (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:12 pm) • aRt)Y (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 pm) • HazarDous (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:09 pm) • Diablo_ (Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 pm)

Nore
Treant Protector

Re: Lihl and discord

Postby Nore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:18 am

Sadly, discord is just not what people signed up for when LIHL started. I, for one, dislike how it's setup, and most importantly dislike how it forces people to use it that would normally never log on here except if they had a problem. It's pretty clear that we have lost a huge % of our players from the bots being unavailable, and though this is out of ENT's hands, discord is not a great solution, but more of a makeshift one that will likely never be accepted the same way that the old way was.

Just the mere fact that it is the only way to play now should show the state of things; very shaky. Hazardous has kind of anointed himself atop LIHL as nabo once did, which is whatever, but this whole unvouching players who cannot get Discord will only result in more anger and frustration. This was once an open community(once you were vouched), and now feels more forced and closed off than ever before, which is why I did not choose to go along with this change.

I would rather enjoy some games with friends in a setting that is more accepting and free (like 1200+) than jump through hoops to get people to log on and sign, just to wait for who knows how long to get a game going. The activity is only going to drop, or at least that of the members that have stuck around through LIHL's lifespan. It may very well get more active with newer vouches, but I think the days of LIHL being this easy and fun league are gone. I hope I am wrong, and wish you guys the best with this new venture, but I must say I think you are going about it poorly, and could use some reflection. Figure out a way to include people, without unvouching them just for not having a "discord" account setup.

There was no prerequisite when they sent in their vouch request to have a "discord" account, so instead of bringing down the ones who are having a hard time adapting, why not include them and just urge them to move forward with your new system? Just because one person (who is still relatively new to LIHL in all reality) says they were "supposed to have it done by x amount of time" doesn't mean that should actually be the case. There are numerous other ways to go about this, which I will not get into as it is out of my hands now, but that is just my take on it. Good luck!
God is my strength.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:03 am

In reality things aren't always perfect. Yes the wc3 bots might have been better, but with the current situation that's simply no option anymore. We should be happy haz/ent have set up a new system for us and it's just logical that the new discord channel is a must have in order to have a proper way to start and sign for games.
I don't like discord (discord isn't directly the problem but i find it a bit annoying to tab in and out whole time etc) too much either but it's no big deal to install and use it and i'm sure people will quickly get used to it if they are just slightly open minded.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

ForFrodooo
Aura Tree

Postby ForFrodooo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 am

I think that discord is something different and people will take time to adapt, at the same time that i think Hazar did a great job, i don't agree with the unvouch also. I think that we should let it go... no drama, no unvouch and just adapt with one each other, if someone don't wanna create a discord acc, ok... it makes our life more difficult to create games, but ok ... we'll deal with it, but lets just keep it going, i don't see any reason to unvouch players who have been playing lihl for ages.. lets just see all this as a new situation to overcome and keep going. Even tho i'm still on triall, i'm already like you guys from lihl. So .. lets just try to understand each other plzzz.

Much love, Drunk Frodo ! <3

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:08 am

I think it's essential for the LIHL that everyone has a discord account. It's just a fact that the set-up with bots on wc3 isn't working anymore, so there needed to be a new way to sign. Having experience with Discord, this is not a bad solution at all and I believe the moderators (mainly Hazardous i see?) did a really good job with this alternative. This solution doesn't work if not everybody joins, so I think it's good to put a deadline on having a discord account.

Obviously, if you made a post at the start explaining why the swap to discord is essential and why you are putting up a deadline with the possibility for players to ask questions/make suggestions instead of randomly starting to unvouch people, I bet it would not have ended up like this.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
Jamo (Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 am)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:12 am

@Nore im really sad and dissapointed after read what u wrote, really wanted to work together with you to manage this big lihl change but seems is too late now, in fact its not too late, you just need to create ur discord acc and ofc u will be revouched as soon as you do it, just hope u change your mind someday and come back to us.

Regarding what Frodo wrote, I do really understand what he means, we all feel the same, but there is something to be done and we cannot stop on half way. To all new vouches a discord acc will be a must, and we cannot make differences between lihl players, allowing old ones to play with no discord would be disrespectfull for those who needed it as a must.

However i pretend to manage every single specific case individually so please talk to me so we can find the best solution to revouch all of these "rebels" that dont want discord, i want u all back and i want to help you all on what is on my hand.

Lets all try to push for lihl, without ur help its clear its gona die, and we cant blame ENT or Haza or Lihl mods or whoever for that reason, it all depend on u guys, rest can only help but not do ur part of the work.

Ping me with anything and as i said, Nore i hope u back after sometime.

ACED

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:05 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I think it's essential for the LIHL that everyone has a discord account. It's just a fact that the set-up with bots on wc3 isn't working anymore, so there needed to be a new way to sign. Having experience with Discord, this is not a bad solution at all and I believe the moderators (mainly Hazardous i see?) did a really good job with this alternative. This solution doesn't work if not everybody joins, so I think it's good to put a deadline on having a discord account.

Obviously, if you made a post at the start explaining why the swap to discord is essential and why you are putting up a deadline with the possibility for players to ask questions/make suggestions instead of randomly starting to unvouch people, I bet it would not have ended up like this.
This.

LIHL users have asked me to review this "power-trip" but to be honest, I dont get why you are all so blind to what is happening.

Blizzard has a clear intention of removing channel bots due to spammers, etc. The current concept/set-up of LIHL simply no longer works.
You can keep vouched as long as you want but you wont have any bots to sign games; great for you, I guess.

All Hazardous is doing - and I am not defending him here, that's just a fact - is transitioning LIHL into a new era (technical-wise) to guarantee its survival in the no channel bots area.

People refusing to use Discord saying "I signed up for something different".. really? Obviously, this could have been communicated better, as usual, but it doesnt change the fact that in order for LIHL to continue, we are moving the entire platform on Discord. A platform solely designed for gamers. As plenty of users have already pointed out, re-vouching users is a necessary step here in order to finish the transition.

LIHL is not dead. LIHL is transitioning into something new. Whether you like it or not is not up to debate considering we are talking about technical issues even ENT has no control over.
You dont like Discord, fine. So should we return to channel bots? Well, that wont work. Perhaps you should reflect your own thoughts more thoroughly. The statement claiming haz would be dictating LIHL anything is just nonsense. What he is doing is ENT's Management's job: taking care of technical aspects of the league and the general staff overview.

The solution? Simply join ENT's central communication platform (Discord), get revouched and play happily ever after. Once the transition is done, haz will obviously step in the "shadows" again as the operative business will be handled by the league moderation as usual.

---

Regarding nore's removal: We have repeatedly asked the league staff to adjust to the new platform, to help/guide the league to Discord. Following weeks of silence, haz has asked nore a final time. Nore strongly declining to join the platform and has thus been removed from staff considering ENT can not work with such staff member who is not on the platform the league uses.

Moderators are supposed to lead by example. Discord is the solution to a problem here (for lihl, anyway) and refusing to join it is the equivalent to "letting lihl die" what people like you are prone to use in every second sentence. Obviously, the leagues can vote their own moderators but let's not kid ourselves here. In the strategic long term, ENT will have the final say who we work with. If he simply refuses to use it, then there's not much we can do.

tl;dr; LIHL is not dying, it is transitioning due to technical issues.
Was that ENT's choice? No. Blizzard was so kind to force our hands.
Is haz abusing his powers? No. As ENT Management, we make decisions regarding technical matters (re-vouching users is needed as such; plus, I dont see the issue here either: you wont get reviewed, you just sign up again).
What's haz doing? Helping LIHL survive in a no bots era.

The amount of hate towards him about something you either wont or cant entirely grasp in the full picture is astounding. If you dont want Discord, then fine. Seriously, but then the league is indeed dying because the players wont transition into something what is technical necessary. We aren't happy with moving either, having to code the bot, having to deal with LIHL again.

But to be honest, get real about the situation.
These users thanked the author aRt)Y for the post (total 2):
Jabba41 (Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:45 pm) • Jamo (Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:18 pm)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:13 am

I'm saying this from Discord beta times (2 or 3 years ago) and I'll keep saying it - Discord is the best utility for gamers that ever happened since I remember. You don't even need to install it, the whole thing works in a web browser, including a VoIP function. I really recommend familiarizing yourselves with it and after a while, you'll want to throw TS/Mumble/Vetrilo/Skype and all that shit out of a window.

You can use it also to voice chat during the games extremely easily (again repeating - even if you choose not to install it!), which would improve your game experience, especially if you're all friends as many of you say. You can chat together whenever you want outside games, either in the mutual LIHL channel, PMs or in public ENT channels. All this is also possible from mobile with an awesome Discord app.

Also we got some nice fun bots in there :) Highly recommend at least giving it a try if nothing else, don't be stubborn for no reason, please.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:50 pm

It isn't discord I have a huge problem with, after reading I understand it is the only solution we have right now if we want to move forward. it is that we all join obs and no one knows who is signed. the lobbies are a mess now. We need join join the game into assigned slots so we know who is playing and the obs slots don't get clogged.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Kirim wrote:it is that we all join obs and no one knows who is signed. the lobbies are a mess now. We need join join the game into assigned slots so we know who is playing and the obs slots don't get clogged.
That's something you can voice perfectly fine. We will definitely look into it given this is just the beginning. No one denies there is room for improvements. It might just take a bit of time.

If you've more ideas for the discord bot, let us know.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:05 pm

I also think the discord commands should be the same as the channel commands were. Like now its !rg lihl instead of !gn. I get discord is different but couldnt we just keep the same commands and add a lihl afterwards to make it easier?

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Kirim wrote:I also think the discord commands should be the same as the channel commands were. Like now its !rg lihl instead of !gn. I get discord is different but couldnt we just keep the same commands and add a lihl afterwards to make it easier?

We try to keep it the same as much as possible, but you also have to know that the bot isn't made solely for LIHL, public users will be using the same bot. So obviously, some commands need to change name.

As for the slots reservation, it is next on the to-do list.

milfhunter96
Forest Walker

Postby milfhunter96 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 pm

pls remove the @ notification in discord lihl channel, more than annoying

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm

If you're talking about the email notification, you can turn it off yourself. At least that's what I did after waking up in the morning a few times having email notifications of ppl ask for +1 @everyone :D

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 pm

@milfhunter96 You can mute channels/adjust the notifications in your settings.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “LIHL Archive”