Gproxy by h3rmit

Moderator: LIHL Staff

dweiler
Plague Treant

Gproxy by h3rmit

Postby dweiler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:32 am

I was just looking into the specifications of h3rmit's gproxy (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96568&start=15#p383486).

Lately I have heard more people complaining about lags, so that is why I think it is a good thing if everybody switches to h3rmit's gproxy as soon as possible. I am playing with it since it came out and it works perfectly.

Why should we change? Because it reduces the lag in games, since it uses a better mechanism for this than the Varlock gproxy.

There is also a second reason: it also has a feature to let the game go on during lags. For me, one of the most annoying things are those constant 1-10 seconds lags in games. If we all use h3rmit's gproxy, we can adjust the bots in such a way that the game continues during those lags, and we can pause the game ourselves for longer lags or lags at critical times.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Jamo
Treant

Re: Gproxy by h3rmit

Postby Jamo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 am

Wow, that's a really nice feature! Can we make this topic sticky? I think it's important for everyone, including new players to see.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:11 am

Tbh. I have lag issues since i use the new proxi... got serious doubts is due to it but not much i can do about it...

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:27 pm

FadingSuns wrote:Tbh. I have lag issues since i use the new proxi... got serious doubts is due to it but not much i can do about it...

You could try reverting back to old gproxy and see if it's better. If it's not, the hermit Gproxy would be perfect in your case, because I saw you often just lag 1-3 seconds. With that gproxy the game just continues and you won't have people getting annoyed by your connection + you won't get dropped automatically in a long game for those small lags.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:13 pm

I don't think any of the fancy features specified under "A few things about GProxy Extended Protocol" are supported on Ent bots. That would mean no reduced delays, no "no lag screen" feature etc (except the last point about disabling the disconnect button should work?).

@art)y Do you know that?
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm

This proxy work pretty well to me .

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:55 am

I got a PM that the red mods will look into if they can make this 'background reconnect' feature work, and they will write a message here as soon as they know. It could take a while.

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:11 am

Diablo_ wrote:I don't think any of the fancy features specified under "A few things about GProxy Extended Protocol" are supported on Ent bots. That would mean no reduced delays, no "no lag screen" feature etc (except the last point about disabling the disconnect button should work?).

@art)y Do you know that?

Admittedly this features sounds very appealing.

ArMeDaNdDeAdLy
Treant

Postby ArMeDaNdDeAdLy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:32 pm

i use this one as well no problems what so ever

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Extended protocol is ready for implementation.

Code: Select all

The reconnection feature no longer causes extra delays for any player.
The reconnection time is unlimited, and can be configured in GHost++.
When a player disconnects, all the other players can continue playing while waiting for him to reconnect, just like LoL or Dota2. Of course, they can always pause the game manually, if it is deemed necessary.
GProxy DLL disables the "Disconnect" button in the "Waiting for Host" window, so that players no longer leave the game accidentally while trying to reconnect. Of course, if the bot rejects the reconnection, the time limit is reached or the reconnection is impossible, the button is re-enabled.

For maximum efficiency regarding extra delays, every player should be using GProxy DLL. There would be no lag screen. If a player lags for too long, a pause would be needed but I assume that is not a problem in LIHL. Depending on the type of disconnection, GProxy should send a message in all chat either right after the player d/c (95% of the cases), of after ~20 seconds.

@Nore @MickeyTheMousie @Diablo_ @RadiantCrystal

Awaiting your decision before implementation.

Special thanks to @h3rmit

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Sounds good :)
My only fear is that the no lag screen might result in quite some screw-ups, like someone lags or dcs short before lvl 15 send where currently the game would be "paused" by the lag screen so he can still send when he comes back while missing the send with these features (same with late building, dd etc).
But I guess we should try it, maybe something like that happens so rarely that it won't really matter.

Will it be used only in LIHL or also on other bots btw?
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Alright, will wait for other mods' input.

Diablo_ wrote:Will it be used only in LIHL or also on other bots btw?

Not decided yet.

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:53 pm

I am neutral so whatever you guys decide upon, I am okay with.
God is my strength.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 pm

@HazarDous , great work!! I hope this will solve a lot of lag issues :D

I also have the little concern that Diablo_ has, that sometimes people can miss a send if they are lagging and game goes on. Is it possible to set the message earlier than 20 seconds (instantly?), so that if the lag happens right before some fast action like sending or a heal, people can pause it immediately?

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 pm

@MickeyTheMousie

Nope. There are 4 ways people can d/c. The most common one (95% of cases) will immidiately be announced in all chat. The other one, 5%, will take 20 seconds, approximately.

It is not possible to make it faster in a time-out disconnection, as the bot simply cannot realize X or Y has lost his connection prior to that amount of time.

Return to “LIHL Archive”