i will trade you braveheart for psyclone

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: LIHL FANTASY LEAGUE RESULTS / TRADE LOG

Postby dweiler » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:50 pm

iiStyLes wrote:@mickeythemousie

i will trade you braveheart for psyclone

Deal.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:16 pm

@creativelp

magic.potatoes for fq?

HugMeOnce
ENT's Poet

Postby HugMeOnce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:21 pm

****************IMPORTANT**************** PLEASE READ FOR ALL LIHL FANTASY PLAYERS

FREE AGENCY: Throughout the season team managers are allowed to add and drop players at any point until the last 2 weeks of the season.

Rules for Adding/Dropping

1. Write the name of the player you are dropping and adding.
2. You may only add and drop 1 player at a time per 48 hours. For example, if I choose to drop Anda to add a player, I must then wait 48 hours before dropping and adding iightfyre.
3. You cannot add a free agent until they have been on the waivers for 48 hours. For example, if I dropped Anda on Monday, Tin will have to wait for the exact hour on Wednesday to add Anda. Whoever posts on forums first will get the player first off of waivers.
4. To safeguard against intentional dumping, you may not drop your franchise players being the 3 players you paid the most for. For example, Tin cannot drop into free agency Nore, magic, or psyclone.
5. Note again adding and dropping will lock 2 weeks before next season ends.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Is that really a good idea? I mean you will just have to look at peoples Elo and can optimize your team with zero "skills" required.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

HugMeOnce
ENT's Poet

Postby HugMeOnce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm

the majority of the "good" players are already taken and yea this is usually how most if not all fantasy leagues work with free agents

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 pm

This fantasy league stuff is new to me, but is there usually also such a hard fact like Elo which is what matters? Isn't it more like e.g. every goal etc. gives you some points, meaning that when swapping players you can't tell their (future) value with any certainty? While here you would (more or less) just look at one number to know for 100% the current value of every player which also most likely won't change too much within a few weeks.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm also not a connoisseur of fantasy leagues, but I would say, everyone picked their team, why would we need to swap? Only exception could be that the players you picked don't play the entire season. To me it's also one of the fun things you have the risk of picking a team with only people who will be very low in the league. Kinda sad if you can just replace them all (except your top 3 players) by better ones.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

pewpew lasergun
Treant

Postby pewpew lasergun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:49 pm

k hug can u process this:
drop zinzin
add patarinsky

HugMeOnce wrote:
FREE AGENCY: Throughout the season team managers are allowed to add and drop players at any point until the last 2 weeks of the season.

what does this means ? that you can remove FA players from players roasters ?

HugMeOnce
ENT's Poet

Postby HugMeOnce » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 am

The draft is just the beginning of the league guys. This is usually how its played that is why its a season long thing and the "free agents" usually lock before the "playoffs" so if u want to extend it we can extend the teams to locking between 3-4 weeks before the end of the season but I think 2 weeks is appropriate can vote for a longer lock. I think the top 3 finishers will be decided in the elo shifts of the last 2 weeks. And yes there is an uncertainty of knowing where your players are gonna finish with their elo for example you could add player B who has 950 elo and they can finish with 800 elo after the lock and your stuck with the 800 elo score resulting in a bad play or vice versa ex 950 to 1050 which would be a good play.

Adding/Dropping players is the actual game play of a fantasy league. People who didn't draft as well such as BA_FAIL (imo) will now have a chance to win by rostering better players. Also, it allows players like Pew who want to swap players in and out ex. zinzin for pata. I apologize if you guys weren't familiar with how "fantasy sports" work but adding and dropping is a mainstay and it will make the experience better overall and more competitive and in theory make the games higher quality.

Another fun aspect of adding and dropping players is the new vouches/returning players we may get next season. If you scout someone to be good, then its your win if you add him/her before anyone else. I know I want me some Dodo ;) .

@pewpew lasergun

drop zinzin
add patarinsky

done pewpew

Edit: This is the inception of lihl fantasy so although I think a fantasy league should have adds/drops, if the majority of the league doesn't want the adds/drops we can remove it for this season and reintroduce it for next season.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 am

HugMeOnce wrote:

Edit: This is the inception of lihl fantasy so although I think a fantasy league should have adds/drops, if the majority of the league doesn't want the adds/drops we can remove it for this season and reintroduce it for next season.

No if that is how fantasy leagues work it is fine with me :) I will stick with my team anyway, I picked them and I will support them through thick and thin!

pewpew lasergun
Treant

Postby pewpew lasergun » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 am

hug I paid some serious cash for zinzin, i think $1 or $3! shouldnt pata be $3 instead of FA ?

HugMeOnce
ENT's Poet

Postby HugMeOnce » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 am

lol pew people need to know how you acquired players

Return to “LIHL Archive”